Hacking Nintendont

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to say but you dont even know what you're doing, PADReadGC is a file which gets executed ingame, the problem here is that the hack to even get HID and USB working makes problems. The reason it works for you now propably is a different compiler version or the file which slightly changed up the timings so right now it falls perfectly into the case again where it works. I dont want this mess anymore, I needed to do some dirty things to it in the past and I somewhat wanna stop doing that.

No offense taken, as I said I'm just trying to help you and not only whine about how nintendont doesn't cure cancer yet.

If that's the case, I'll recompile the source again and check if it works.

The verbose had plenty of "/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found errors, maybe because I didn't update to the last devkitARM version, so 90% you're right about that special case.

Sorry to bother you and thanks for your hard work.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question though, are there any disadvantages to loading from SD? i remember reading a few pages back that sd loading is slower and that sometimes music and other assets dont stream properly 'cause of it. Is this true?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question though, are there any disadvantages to loading from SD? i remember reading a few pages back that sd loading is slower and that sometimes music and other assets dont stream properly 'cause of it. Is this true?

it's only slower if you use a slow sd card. Some sd cards can play normally

obviously the biggest disadvantage to sd cards is space. you can buy a 2tb usb drive for less then $100. That can hold...you get my point

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94

Yep. Just recompiled from the r228 source and it's working flawlessly. HID+USB, tested with Soul Calibur 2.

Man, that was embarrassing. I hope that at least it somehow helped you find why are some issues reappearing.

As I said I have the previous version of devkitARM, so that means I have the previous libfat version also right?

Attachments

• nintendont-r228.zip
    894.6 KB · Views: 127

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FIX94

Yep. Just recompiled from the r228 source and it's working flawlessly. HID+USB, tested with Soul Calibur 2.

Man, that was embarrassing. I hope that at least it somehow helped you find why are some issues reappearing.

As I said I have the previous version of devkitARM, so that means I have the previous libfat version also right?

Just tried this with Melee and TTYD, and both black-screened. Oh, and it seems that there isn't automatic powering of the GC adapter anymore (for both SD and USB loading) (need to boot Smash Wii U to power it).

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried just plugging in the black cord (and only the black cord) in the bottom back (r228, loading from SD), and the controller looked like it had power (seeing that the Wavebird receiver light lit up), and it loaded the game, but Nintendont doesn't even respond to the controller when a button is pressed on it (it does respond when both cords are in, though).
The problem with the wavebird and the gray cable not plugged in is fixable. Assuming that the wavebird works in smash u without the gray cable plugged in.

I need rumble in nintendont tested with a non wavebird controller with out the grey cable plugged in. the wavebird dosent have rumble.

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the wavebird and the gray cable not plugged in is fixable. Assuming that the wavebird works in smash u without the gray cable plugged in.

I need rumble in nintendont tested with a non wavebird controller with out the grey cable plugged in. the wavebird dosent have rumble.

I can test a regular controller with rumble, I just assumed that since the Wavebird wasn't even responding, a regular controller wouldn't either (unless there's something I'm missing). And yes, the Wavebird works fine in Smash with just the black cable plugged in.

Edit: Tried it again with just the black cord plugged in (with a regular controller), and to my surprise, it actually responded (Wavebird still doesn't respond, though)! Tried the rumble setting in Sunshine, and yep, it works as well.

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this with Melee and TTYD, and both black-screened. Oh, and it seems that there isn't automatic powering of the GC adapter anymore (for both SD and USB loading) (need to boot Smash Wii U to power it).

The Thousand Year Door Pal boots on my end. Pal Wii, memcard emu on, HID on, Max Pads 1, USB on, everything else off, loaded from the HB Channel.

As I said I have not updated my devkitARM version, so even if it works for me as Fix94 said it could be just pure coincidence.

Stick to the official releases, as I just uploaded it for testing purposes.

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The Thousand Year Door Pal boots on my end. Pal Wii, memcard emu on, HID on, Max Pads 1, USB on, everything else off, loaded from the HB Channel.

As I said I have not updated my devkitARM version, so even if it works for me as Fix94 said it could be just pure coincidence.

Stick to the official releases, as I just uploaded it for testing purposes.

Ah, okay. Was just trying it to see I guess. Glad some progress is being made, though.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The opening post leaves me a tad confused, i own two Nintendo wiis, one is a first gen and the other is a third gen one (came bundled with nsmb) Will we need a special accesory to play the gc games on it? ( we own the Wii mote and a classic controller pro, while i can play gc games on mine my friend wants to play gc games on his, in particular Ott-Mq, Wind waker and twiligth princess)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The opening post leaves me a tad confused, i own two Nintendo wiis, one is a first gen and the other is a third gen one (came bundled with nsmb) Will we need a special accesory to play the gc games on it? ( we own the Wii mote and a classic controller pro, while i can play gc games on mine my friend wants to play gc games on his, in particular Ott-Mq, Wind waker and twiligth princess)

First gen, no, you don't need one at all. 3rd gen, I don't know to be honest.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Resident Evil Remake and code veronica X.

Has anybody tested those on earlier revisions? for stability obviously

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third Gen Wii? The Mini?

If not, you just need to softmod the Wii (check the threads in the Forum) and then install Nintendont. You don't need a special accesory, Besides your Wiimote+Classic Controller Pro and of course a SDCard/HardDrive/ThumbDrive to store your Gamecube ISOS.

Reactions: Duncan Idaho

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes if you use Nintendont You'll be able to play gamecube games on a Wii without gamecube ports. You'll use the classic controller pro instead of a gamecube controller

Reactions: Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Third Gen Wii? The Mini?

If not, you just need to softmod the Wii (check the threads in the Forum) and then install Nintendont. You don't need a special accesory, Besides your Wiimote+Classic Controller Pro and of course a SDCard/HardDrive/ThumbDrive to store your Gamecube ISOS.

Perfect! thanks!

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.229 is up

-Fixed gamecube adapter for wii u wavebird support with gray cable unplugged
-Disabled rumble on gamecube adapter for wii u when the gray cable is unplugged
-Fixed boot status error message display
-Increased boot status error message display time before reboot
-Added boot status error "Gamecube adapter for Wii u init error"
-Added boot status message "Init HID devices... Using ONLY NATIVE Gamecube Ports"

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.229 is up

-Fixed gamecube adapter for wii u wavebird support with gray cable unplugged
-Disabled rumble on gamecube adapter for wii u when the gray cable is unplugged
-Fixed boot status error message display
-Increased boot status error message display time before reboot
-Added boot status error "Gamecube adapter for Wii u init error"
-Added boot status message "Init HID devices... Using ONLY NATIVE Gamecube Ports"

Not sure if you meant to do this, but it seems USB loading and HID controllers (more specifically the GC adapter) are working now, at least for me. Tried pretty much all the games I had and they all worked (bar some graphical glitches in TTYD, Wario World, and Melee due to forcing widescreen on)! Like I said, not sure if it was intentional or not, since I know HID and USB loading haven't been working as of late, but glad it works now!

Edit: Just tried Luigi's Mansion, and it froze at the first Nintendo logo with a (surprisingly scary) beeping-ish sound. I think I heard before that Luigi's Mansion was broken after a certain version, but this is the first time I have got to try the game out, due to USB and HID loading not working before.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you meant to do this, but it seems USB loading and HID controllers (more specifically the GC adapter) are working now, at least for me. Tried pretty much all the games I had and they all worked (bar some graphical glitches in TTYD and Melee due to forcing widescreen on)! Like I said, not sure if it was intentional or not, since I know HID and USB loading haven't been working as of late, but glad it works now!

Edit: Just tried Luigi's Mansion, and it froze at the first Nintendo logo with a (surprisingly scary) beeping-ish sound. I think I heard before that Luigi's Mansion was broken after a certain version, but this is the first time I have got to try the game out, due to USB and HID loading not working before.

i can confirm that USB HID works on this version, however the rumble is pretty much broken now. Gamecube Controller pretty much does not stop vibrating

Still we finally have a version where the gamecube controllers work on usb so (even with no rumble) that is great!

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i can confirm that USB HID works on this version, however the rumble is pretty much broken now. Gamecube Controller pretty much does not stop vibrating

Still we finally have a version where the gamecube controllers work on usb so (even with no rumble) that is great!

Meh, I just use a Wavebird anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: hola mi hermano