Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
All I need to see is how far I need to adjust the screen.
Sorry for the crappy photos, my camera is pretty bad...
1416192723-20141117-054749.jpg
1416192718-20141117-054734.jpg

As you can see the last option is almost completely cut off.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Small update:
-make sure that for extremly slow hdds the bluetooth controller stays updated when reading a random sector every 10 seconds
-changed up the widescreen patches C_MTXPerspective and C_MTXLightPerspective, should fix weird patch bugs in games like pokemon xd and colosseum
-added a few selected game specific widescreen patches, credits for those go to Ralf from gc-forever for making the original ocarina codes
One thing to those widescreen patches, most of them are very similar so I dont know if we really need specific patches for every single game, I could cut off most patches already since they are included in the C_MTXPerspective patch.
Wow that's a very good widescreen update! I will test later tonight see the improvements! Also thanks joostiOnline for the menu update :) one thing to do is fix sonic's problem with setting menu .

rorro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bought a Wii Pro Controller and its working perfectly with Nintendont. I was able to test Rogue Squadron II and it worked flawlessly.

I have a couple of questions though:

1.- I noticed that my wiimote stayed on the entire time, showing 4 steady lights. Is this normal? If it is, does it consume battery and is there a way to turn it off and only use the Wii Pro Controller?

2.- Is it safe to create a save file using the vWii?

Thanks in advance.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone wanna help me out here i boot nintendont it shows the background followed by some black text flashing once and black screens then goes back to the homebrew channel i have 1 game setup correctly in sd/games/Lmansion/game.iso and its luigis mansion

EDIT: forgot to mention im using a wiiu Vwii mode also luigis mansion is trimmed

man i dont understand what im doing wrong!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Melee is the main game I'm trying to put cheats on, because I want to unlock everything without having to rebeat the game all over again. I have a physical copy, but I only have a Wii U, not a Wii, so ripping the disc isn't an option for me.

I tried using a fully unlocked save, but can't figure it out how to put it in the right format for the life of me. I thought I had it figured out at one point, but Nintendont just read it as a blank memory card when I booted it up.

Anyway, thanks for these steps. I'll try them out in a bit. Sorry if I'm making stupid mistakes. I've never been into the GameCube loading scene until yesterday.

You don't need to rip the game at all.
You just need the original disc just to check what the text for the version is.
Check your disc, it should have a thin line near the center hole. Check for something that goes for GALE 0-00/01/02 in the inner circle of the disc.
According to the last digit, that should be the version you should look up to. If it is 01, search for cheat codes for Melee v1.01 and so on.

If you still have issues after verifying wgat version of the game you own, you can get the save files from here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/516492-super-smash-bros-melee/saves

The downloaded file should be a .gcs or .gci.
Once you have that file, download Dolphin emulator and go into the Memory Card Manager.
From there, search for your .raw file that Nintendont created for your game, open it with the manager and then import the .gci file that you just downloaded.
That should do the trick.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to rip the game at all.
You just need the original disc just to check what the text for the version is.
Check your disc, it should have a thin line near the center hole. Check for something that goes for GALE 0-00/01/02 in the inner circle of the disc.
According to the last digit, that should be the version you should look up to. If it is 01, search for cheat codes for Melee v1.01 and so on.
No, what I mean is, I downloaded an iso from a site, even though I do own the game physically as well, but don't have a way to rip it. It's okay, though. I tracked down the, um, totally legal BAY where I downloaded it and verified that it's indeed version 1.0. ;) I also confirmed this myself by testing Link's super jump tech, which only works in version 1.0.
If you still have issues after verifying wgat version of the game you own, you can get the save files from here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/516492-super-smash-bros-melee/saves

The downloaded file should be a .gcs or .gci.
Once you have that file, download Dolphin emulator and go into the Memory Card Manager.
From there, search for your .raw file that Nintendont created for your game, open it with the manager and then import the .gci file that you just downloaded.
That should do the trick.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks for all the help, but I finally figured it out on my own.

Turns out I stupidly didn't remember what I read, and forgot to put the "sneek" folder and file on my SD card. Aside from that, when using the Gecko cheat generator you linked, I was putting the code on the first line, because I didn't realize you were supposed to title it, and that was keeping them from working correctly. After a lot of trial and error, I finally got codes working, got all the Melee characters, stages, and trophies unlocked, as well as wide screen and a number of other hacks working. Thank you! :yaywii: I'm going to go and apply some cheats to other games now, as well.

This is really fun: I've never dealt with cheat codes ever before!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll move it up. Do the position of the games look okay?
Yes, also I'm kind of used to the SD/USD position now, I guess I needed some time to adjust with the change.

On another note, I tested Mario Kart Arcade 2 just now and it worked (up until the freezing screan that is), also Sonic Adventure Chao Race now works (again up until it randomly freezes) which is an improvement over the black screen, the alpha version works fine, Sonic Mega Collection works fine now, the proto version however is still broken, oh well, Sonic Riders still crashes after the third race in story mode, other than that everything else I tested worked perfectly, this is the best revision I had for Nintendont since r1.181 I'm keeping it, thank you all for the update!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really helpful, thanks. How do you know which version of the game you have, though? I tried using your step-by-step for applying cheats MANY pages back, but couldn't get it to work no matter how much I tried, even following your instructions to the letter. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for all the help, but I finally figured it out on my own.

Turns out I stupidly didn't remember what I read, and forgot to put the "sneek" folder and file on my SD card. Aside from that, when using the Gecko cheat generator you linked, I was putting the code on the first line, because I didn't realize you were supposed to title it, and that was keeping them from working correctly. After a lot of trial and error, I finally got codes working, got all the Melee characters, stages, and trophies unlocked, as well as wide screen and a number of other hacks working. Thank you! :yaywii: I'm going to go and apply some cheats to other games now, as well.

This is really fun: I've never dealt with cheat codes ever before!

I have posted a save file for NTSC SSBM with all characters and stages unlocked on the Nintendont save game dispository here on gbatemp.

I don't think the version of the game matters for save files but if it does the save file works with my 1.00 iso

Reactions: TripleSMoon

HunterXZelos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no clue how to solve this, and searching around google does nothing
I keep getting FS error 12, which I have no clue what its about
I'm using a USB hard drive formatted in fat32, 32k
I also put wii games on the drive and they do work
how can I go about solving this issue?

I really want to do some sweet warp star riding =(

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have posted a save file for NTSC SSBM with all characters and stages unlocked on the Nintendont save game dispository here on gbatemp.

I don't think the version of the game matters for save files but if it does the save file works with my 1.00 iso

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever find myself in this situation again. ;)

rorro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bought a Wii Pro Controller and its working perfectly with Nintendont. I was able to test Rogue Squadron II and it worked flawlessly.

1.- I noticed that my wiimote stayed on the entire time, showing 4 steady lights. Is this normal? If it is, does it consume battery and is there a way to turn it off and only use the Wii Pro Controller?

Thanks in advance.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks in advance.

1- turn off the wiimote from its power button
2- yes

Victor Lara

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello i am here asking for Soul Calibur 2... well its kinda a report. I try widescreen on and off (dark screen), also with progresive mode on and off. When i stop the emulation of the memory card i was able to play the arcade mode twice. The game was running perfect. Then i activated the emulation of memory and it start to show me a dark screen in the final battle vs Inferno, it glitched out on second fortrees of weapon master mode. I was running it on a HDD so i try in SD. Same. I try all this with the complete ISO 1.45 gb. Extracted with gcit.exe, same...The only thing i didnt try its an ISO PAL but damn it its almoust impossible to find one. If you know about one link about it.... Some other news Metal Gear Solid 1 runs perfect... I only have 1 hour of gameplay but i expect to keep telling you how is it going!

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, where did the "SETTINGS" options went? im on the 2.219 version and this has changed too much... xD by the way this keep saying "no FAT device found " its already formatted with FAT32 and Allocation Size 32KB thank you.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, where did the "SETTINGS" options went? im on the 2.219 version and this has changed too much... xD by the way this keep saying "no FAT device found " its already formatted with FAT32 and Allocation Size 32KB thank you.

I just tested the recent revision and it's just like all the previous revisions but with a facelift:yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @BigOnYa