Hacking Nintendont

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah theres no need to update titles.txt since gc games arent being made anymore so what would you update? its just a matter of having all of them there and thats it.

True, just thinking of convenience for anyone just getting into Nintendont point of view.
Let's say you are new to it, now you can just download the .dol and go from there. (Just thinking aloud)

Again though if he doesn't want to do that, it's not important, just comfort additions.
I've also been thinking of starting a website like Yafaze was and just have it tell you how to setup Nintendont in detail with all these bells and whistles with downloads included so maybe i'll just do that.... maybe haha

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
True, just thinking of convenience for anyone just getting into Nintendont point of view.
Let's say you are new to it, now you can just download the .dol and go from there. (Just thinking aloud)

Again though if he doesn't want to do that, it's not important, just comfort additions.
I've also been thinking of starting a website like Yafaze was and just have it tell you how to setup Nintendont in detail with all these bells and whistles with downloads included so maybe i'll just do that.... maybe haha
The original post just needs to be updated with a link to it. Hopefully Cyan or FIX94 will do so. I'll update the Google Code page in a bit.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Agreed but I do like making everything nice, maybe I need to learn how to make GUI's (Not neccessarily for Nintendont but in general) to crave these urges haha
No promises (and certainly not a date), but I might eventually make one.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even more code fixes from my earlier new patches, so much to look at in order to apply patches properly
-only apply Patch31A0 if the entry point is below that, fixes 007 from russia with love
-if PADInit cant be found use SIInit instead to start reading pad inputs, fixes alien hominid controls

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
even more code fixes from my earlier new patches, so much to look at in order to apply patches properly
-only apply Patch31A0 if the entry point is below that, fixes 007 from russia with love
-if PADInit cant be found use SIInit instead to start reading pad inputs, fixes alien hominid controls
I thought you might find this useful.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
if I have ideas on howto solve certain issues I cant just leave them on the side cause else I'll think about that stuff all night, yea I am that kind of guy..

Thanks for all the hard work and time you are doing on this app. It's shaping up really nice now:) but you deserve a break like anyone else

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow Fix thanks for your hard work! Nintendont is getting better and better every day, awesome. The only game now that doesn't work correctly for me is Prince of Persia Warrior Within. It has the bug with not dying enemies... I would love to see that game fixed because I am nearly at finishing Sands of Time ;) Of course take your time and if it is not possible then no problem, I could just use Dios Mios for that game then... Thanks again for your hard work!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome progress during the time I slept ! Thanks JoostinOnline for the game database, and thanks FIX94 for your unstoppable coding made !Also thanks to everyone supporting and contributing to this project since the beginning :bow: :grog: :moogle:

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No promises (and certainly not a date), but I might eventually make one.
What would make your gui in nintendont (or any gui in nintendont) better that the guis in the 5 loaders that already have them? If they arent better than what already exists, why? I still feel the user interface in nintendont should be their strictly to be able to test nintendont. Not to be a full featured loader.

How would you feel about changing your titles.txt to the gamestdb format that all the other loaders use. That would give us a databes and system to maintain it that anyone can edit. The ability for multiple languages. Support for the different titles used by different regons of the same game. And consistancy with other wii based programs.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Fix, I trully have no words for all your hard work. THANK YOU!!!
Unfortuately,the last revision broke for me Paper Mario TTYD PAL. I am using Wii U and whatever settings I try,the game reboots Wii U at the title screen...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fix, I trully have no words for all your hard work. THANK YOU!!!
Unfortuately,the last revision broke for me Paper Mario TTYD PAL. I am using Wii U and whatever settings I try,the game reboots Wii U at the title screen...

im using wii 187 and ntsc papper mario and works perfectly but i know you said pal, im guessing papper mario could have the video issue on the wiiu that was discussed with pal games try this

all settings off except mc emu and video forced ntsc and usb on if your using a usb device.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What would make your gui in nintendont (or any gui in nintendont) better that the guis in the 5 loaders that already have them? If they arent better than what already exists, why? I still feel the user interface in nintendont should be their strictly to be able to test nintendont. Not to be a full featured loader.
I had WiiSX GUI in mind for a long time now.
instead of a black MSDos like interface, just a clean and minimal GUI.
No need to have covers, flow, animation, etc.
just a simple "mount device -> list games with scroll feature -> launch", a setting page, and mayyyyybe a Controller setting page where you could create controller.ini dynamically (like with wiiSX) for USB-HID controllers. But now that CC/CCPro are working I guess less people are using their wired HID controllers so it's maybe not require, but would be a nice addition.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

How would you feel about changing your titles.txt to the gamestdb format that all the other loaders use. That would give us a databes and system to maintain it that anyone can edit. The ability for multiple languages. Support for the different titles used by different regons of the same game. And consistancy with other wii based programs.
I agree with you, and that's why a GUI is very low on the "maybe" list. It's just something I've seen requested a number of times.

To make loading database names almost instant even for people with hundreds of games, I copy the entire list of titles into the RAM at once instead of allocating memory as needed. I didn't want to take up too much room in case it's needed some time in the future. That's why I ignore regions. It would take triple the space for all regions.

Another issue is unsupported characters. I'm pretty sure the current font doesn't include special ones.

Editing titles.txt is easy. That's why I made it an external file. It shouldn't be necessary to edit it though. I don't expect Nintendo to release more GC games. ;)

Edit: To be clear, I was only talking about some sort of minimal GUI. Basically the same thing we've got now, but with a background and truetype font (which would allow for different font sizes and special characters).

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario arcade gp1 is marked as working on compatibility list.
have any of you tested it on a Wii U?

I tested MKAGP1 on my wii u and it only blackscreen on boot. Waited 3 minutes and nothing.
Using nintendo r.2.187.

Just want to be sure it is woking on both wii and wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!