Hacking Nintendont

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is their a way to eliminate using the wiimote altogether? Like making the pro controller work on the system menu. Not asking for implementation, just a yes/no with reasons.

As far as I know, that would require digging into IOS/vIOS and adding support for other controllers like the Wii U Pro and Dualshock 3, so it's probably unlikely to happen anytime soon.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 326, is that a good start?

You may want to get in contact with BostonBC. That fellow is infamous (I think) for having an obscene amount of games.

Sidenote: This WiiU Pro controller support has me all giddy. I can now turn my Wii on, select a gamecube game from Wiiflow, and then play it with this controller. Now if someone would just patch the VWii menu/make VWii Priiloader a thing, I'd have it made! :D

Infamy huh? Probably right :)

I have 574 GC game images, haven't played more than a handful of them... I'm a collector. I also have about 2500 Wii games from all regions.

Reactions: VinsCool

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V2.161 is up

-Fixed Bluetooth TR remotes requiring an expansion controller needing to be disconnected and then reconnected to sync.
-Updated Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 controller.ini to support ZL button (Thanks nastysdsi)

The bluetooth fix may correct some third party bluetooth remote connecting problems. Test them again.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's been said already during this threads lifetime but I can confirm the Tekken Tag 2 stick for Wii U works on Nintendont but with SoulCalibur 2 it suffers from the same issue as Tatsunoko where L and R will not register. This is a flaw with the sticks pcb board and not Nintendont, I forgot how I went about testing it a long time ago but I had concluded that the pcb on this stick is for an original classic controller and not a ccpro, and that the L and R buttons don't register a full press of the triggers. Unfortunately when I tweeted to Markman about it he was unhelpful. I hope my findings (or lack thereof lol) helps anyone that happened to wonder about this stick.

Reactions: cvskid and bm123456

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
How do I get the Wii Classic Controller to work? When I launch Nintendont, it says to connect USB controller on bottom USB port on back of system...

disable hid in settings screen, then load your game, once in game plug your CC in your wiimote and have fun :)

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks.

How do I get cheats to work? I select game in Wiiflow, apply cheats, then launch game from Wiiflow. When I launch the game, it takes me to Nintendont where I need to select the game again? Is that correct? Thoughts appreciated :)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks.

How do I get cheats to work? I select game in Wiiflow, apply cheats, then launch game from Wiiflow. When I launch the game, it takes me to Nintendont where I need to select the game again? Is that correct? Thoughts appreciated :)

your wiiflow version is outdated, it should autoboot game. try the mastermod from abdallahterro, it is fully updated and supports many new options :) link is in his signature, look above your first question.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your wiiflow version is outdated, it should autoboot game. try the mastermod from abdallahterro, it is fully updated and supports many new options :) link is in his signature, look above your first question.

I couldn't find the MasterMod... Do I just need to update Wiiflow?

NVM, fount MasterMod. Do I just need to update Wiiflow?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this a while ago, but it may have gone overlooked, is it possible to make a cheat so that in Mario Kart GP 2, the photo take page is bypassed, so that we don't have to worry about the game freezing on that screen? I mean we can't even do anything on that screen if it would work anyway, seems like it'd be perfect for an ocarina code to just skip it and hopefully then skip the freeze. However, I don't even know if thats the type of cheat that can even be implemented. Just a thought.

Beyond that, I just want to say, thank you so much to everyone that made this project happen. I'm aware that work will continue to be put in to improve compatibility and whatnot, but as far as I'm concerned, if nothing else were to come to this project, I'd be completely alright with that, this thing is amazing, and thank god it doesn't require needless AP protection or the like. Seriously good job everyone I love Nintendont so much, you've successfully brought the Gamecube to my Wii U in a full functioning easy to use way with wireless bluetooth controllers even as well. Amazing, simply amazing.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I asked this a while ago, but it may have gone overlooked, is it possible to make a cheat so that in Mario Kart GP 2, the photo take page is bypassed, so that we don't have to worry about the game freezing on that screen? I mean we can't even do anything on that screen if it would work anyway, seems like it'd be perfect for an ocarina code to just skip it and hopefully then skip the freeze. However, I don't even know if thats the type of cheat that can even be implemented. Just a thought.

I tried to find a cheat, but it looks like nintendont attempts to disable camera, it is hardcoded in sourcecode. I also looked in dolphin's code base, it is the same code too. So I can't help you here.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to find a cheat, but it looks like nintendont attempts to disable camera, it is hardcoded in sourcecode. I also looked in dolphin's code base, it is the same code too. So I can't help you here.

Ah, well maybe in time someone will figure it out, if not, oh well, even having the one working Triforce game (Mario Kart GP) on the Wii U is pretty amazing, and not something I would have even imagined possible were Quadforce not released a year and a half or so ago.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of games. Wii & Gamecube. Currently have a mix of Wii & 'Cube games on a 64GB SD card. I want to rip ALL games but I'm running out of space. Been thinking of buying a 256GB SD card from TigerD for $99. Although I see a lot of people are using external HDDs. Which is best? Of course external HDDs hold more, but the data transfer speeds (90MB/s) seem better with an SDXC card. Thoughts? Corrections (if I'm wrong on data xfer)?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lot of games. Wii & Gamecube. Currently have a mix of Wii & 'Cube games on a 64GB SD card. I want to rip ALL games but I'm running out of space. Been thinking of buying a 256GB SD card from TigerD for $99. Although I see a lot of people are using external HDDs. Which is best? Of course external HDDs hold more, but the data transfer speeds (90MB/s) seem better with an SDXC card. Thoughts? Corrections (if I'm wrong on data xfer)?
:lol: you don't need massive transfer speeds on the Wii/Wii U laddie - don't even think about buying a 256Gb SD card over an external hd (I'm sure you can get at least 2Tb for that price). $99 is fantastic value for a 256Gb SD though, but that's beside the point.....;)

Reactions: DeezTits

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
V2.161 is up

-Fixed Bluetooth TR remotes requiring an expansion controller needing to be disconnected and then reconnected to sync.
-Updated Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 controller.ini to support ZL button (Thanks nastysdsi)

The bluetooth fix may correct some third party bluetooth remote connecting problems. Test them again.

Excellent. Where can i grab the Thrustmaster controller.ini update?. I loaded on the GitHub page but that hasnt been updated for over a month now. Is there a better site to get all the up to date stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY