Hacking Nintendont

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that loaders shouldn't need to write a nincfg.bin every time. What about a nintendont loader that accepts command line parameters to hide the loader info screen and just boot a game by the path parsed in command line and also allow the loader to parse arguments to decide if memory card emu is on and wide screen patch etc. If a game works do we really need the info screen?

Argv

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree that loaders shouldn't need to write a nincfg.bin every time. What about a nintendont loader that accepts command line parameters to hide the loader info screen and just boot a game by the path parsed in command line and also allow the loader to parse arguments to decide if memory card emu is on and wide screen patch etc. If a game works do we really need the info screen?

There's no command line parameters.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Argv and argc are how command line parameters are parsed to main() in c and c++. It's already in nintendonts code. Just not implemented.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree and if I knew all the global variables used in the loader I would write it. But the devs are the best people to do it because they know the variables for things like the iso path, memory emulation switch etc.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using USB Loader GX to load all of my games and so far, the results are the same as using the Nintendont Loader. I would advise anyone using Nintendont to manually load their games, to start using a loader like USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, CFGLoader. Personally, USB Loader GX is the best option if your aren't going to be using Emulators. In he options, set Nintendont as the default GamCube loader and set MCEmu to on. You are all set to start testing your backups. You will get the exact same results as when using the default Nintendont loader.

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why in "CRASH NITRO KART" the buttons: "L" and "R" work and when i play another games like "harry potter 1" and "tony hawks undregorund 2" the buttons: "L and R" dont work?

My test:
Tony hawks undreground 2 ntsc .iso: v1.69 freeze sometimes in loading screens... but the old v1.57 works perfectly... NOTE: Audio music stops at more than 10 seconds

Harry potter 1 pal (en, es) .fst: freeze at WARNER BROTHERS LOGO v.1.69
Harry potter 1 pal (en, es) .iso: run perfect v1.69

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why in "CRASH NITRO KART" the buttons: "L" and "R" work and when i play another games like "harry potter 1" and "tony hawks undregorund 2" the buttons: "L and R" dont work?

My test:
Tony hawks undreground 2 ntsc .iso: v1.69 freeze sometimes in loading screens... but the old v1.57 works perfectly... NOTE: Audio music stops at more than 10 seconds

Some games have L and R triggers that are not just on and off but have the full pressed and half pressed and such so some games require more than on and off on the triggers

Right now there are alot of games that might freeze on loading screens or not i tested a bunch of them and sometimes randomly they would freeze when entering a new area and such but reboot and you could acess that area is a problem lots of games are having right now.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some games have L and R triggers that are not just on and off but have the full pressed and half pressed and such so some games require more than on and off on the triggers

Right now there are alot of games that might freeze on loading screens or not i tested a bunch of them and sometimes randomly they would freeze when entering a new area and such but reboot and you could acess that area is a problem lots of games are having right now.
And why is happening this issue? in the older version didn't happend, and can I ask a other thing? I had bought a SEISA SJ-815T controller, is a plug and play and the box says "Compatible with Windows 98,2000,XP and vista" It would work with Nintendont?

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

i will try with another controller, i have 2.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After further testing i aded the following fully working games to the compat list

animaniacs
conflict desert storm
conflict desert storm 2

like many games any of this games may freeze when changing areas it seems a general patch is missing i found atleast 7 or 8 games that may freeze changing areas while loading but its random since if you reboot they will open the next areas perfectly its just luck for instance when i played enter the matrix i did 3 levels in a row and freezed on the end of the second going to the third, then i rebooted and played until lvl 8 and it freezed going from 8 to 9, this is happening with alot of games and more often to games that load new areas for everything like killer 7.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My test:

Tony Hawk Underground 1 and 2 work perfect in v1.69

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves are located in usb:/saves, or sd:/saves as <first four letters of Game ID>.raw (example, Ikaruga, GIKE70, is at /saves/GIKE.raw. Cache files should be named cache.txt, and go in /games/<your game id or folder name here>/, same place as your ISOs. Nintendont automatically creates a new 2 MByte memory card image for every game, the first time you play it, if memory card emulation is enabled. Then games will ask you to format them since they're new (just go ahead and say yes, it's writing data to the raw file).

Ah got it. Thank you.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is it possible to use the other usb port on a wii to load games with Nintendont? It seems that only 1 of the usb ports works with this.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
'm not sure if you people can't read or you just don't understand how loaders work with nintendont, so I'll make a little example to help you understand what we were saying about the autoboot feature.

Code:
usbloader()
{
  while(1)
  {
    game = show_games(); // choose game, then break to exit the loop; return game name
  }
  Autoboot = 1
  MCemu = 1

Open_file(nincfg.bin);
  write_to_file(nincfg.bin, Autoboot, MCemu);
  load_nintendont(game);
}

load_nintendont(game)
{
  if (Autoboot)
// Autoboot = 0; // WiiFreasko's suggestion is that the Autoboot can be turned off here because it's done its job already.
    skiplist(game);
  else
    gamelist();

load_game(game);
}

load_game(game);
{
  while (game_playing)
  {
    if (Power_button)
      reset_stub();
  }
}

reset_stub() // I think it's cleaner to do it in the end, but the result is the same
{
  Autoboot = 0;
  Open_file(nincfg.bin);
  write_to_file(nincfg.bin, Autoboot);
  back_to_loader();
}

Of course it's all simplified and dumbed down to make it clear (might have failed to do so as it's not even real functions at all); the point is, the USB loader will ALWAYS tell nintendont to turn on the autoboot at the beginning, so making nintendont turn it off when you exit is not a big deal at all, it won't remove any features or functions. We're not talking about removing autoboot, but turning it off when it's not necessary, it WILL be turned on again next time you use the usb loader to load a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night