Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluetooth would still be much better. think thats an obviouse one. but maybe nintendo will release gamecube games on the Eshop as rumoured before and would be less hassle for them if gc controllers could be used

I would prefer to use a gamecube controller then a classic controller.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've read what you wrote, your suggestion is ok, but remember games can freeze or you can exit via hard reset or what not... so the stub will not cover all those cases.

Well, you've got a point there. I thought that because I'm the kind of person that likes to clean up after everything is done and not after I've just used the stuff. But I think both suggestions are fine, either change the autoboot setting to off right after loading the kernel, or during the shutdown of nintendont. The first sounds like it would work in any possible situation, but the second is "cleaner"... Besides, I think (can't be sure unless I test) that the settings aren't stored if you have a crash and have to power off the console.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
more then likely but surely this isnt any different from using a mayflash or other adaptors. and nintendont will still be better with bluetooth and no cables (maybe a personal opinion) but agreed again the classic controllers are pooo i was thinking more wii u pro controller or ps3 controller using bluetooth

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
more then likely but surely this isnt any different from using a mayflash or other adaptors. and nintendont will still be better with bluetooth and no cables (maybe a personal opinion) but agreed again the classic controllers are pooo i was thinking more wii u pro controller or ps3 controller using bluetooth

Bluetooth uses a LOT of power.

I like my wavebird better.

Reactions: jammybudga777

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well ssb4 for the wiiu is winter release so there is a long wait and it makes sence nintendo is releasing this considering they want to add e shop gamecube games still not sure if they will just make a gamecube bluetooth controller instead

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Wii U Gamecube adapter 4P could work as HID, bluetooth will be implemented anyway. but New Smash Bros Adapter will be more useful!

The reason that i play Nintendont that mean everything: I play competitive Smash Bros. Melee as VGBC players :D

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Bluetooth uses a LOT of power.

I like my wavebird better.

i never really thought about that. but does it take rechargable batteries? otherwise could become priceyy

edit. i just checked the prices. 25 british pounds........ all of a sudden ive lost interest lol

Do we know if this will actually be something they'll truly release to the public? People are saying it will only be for special public events.

not a clue tbh but i would have thought if nintendo have made it themselves they would attempt to sell them to the public (lots of GC/smash bro's fans) and if its true about GC games on the Eshop then ide deffinatly like to think this would be for sale at some point

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have not use Nintendont so I am not sure: (my Wii is collecting dust though I still follow threads)

Doesn't Nintendont accept parameters and loaders simply pass the game name as a parameter for Nintendont to run the game?

making use of an autoboot feature for loaders to instruct Nintendont to run a game isn't a good idea.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came here with the intention to post about the GC controller adapter, it appears I was beat, even still, just a pic if you haven't seen and don't want to watch the video:

GC_WiiU-610x610.jpg

This is a really cool official adapter from Nintendo. And I have high hopes of compatability with Nintendont. Maybe it wont work, but it sure would be cool, (plus this could allow Donkey Konga games to be playable in theory which would rock).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doesn't Nintendont accept parameters and loaders simply pass the game name as a parameter for Nintendont to run the game?

No, loaders have to write a nincfg.bin file on the SD or USB device before launching Nintendont, for settings changed via the loader to work (which basically overwrites any settings you might make if you boot Nintendont from the HBC and change settings there).

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Apparently all of the resident evil games work now?

I've only tested Code Veronica X, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 0; they loaded and could play for a bit, didn't take long to die as I was only trying it out, but didn't find any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry