Hacking Nintendont

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some issues getting my HID controller to work.
Whenever I try to boot r85 with HID On, I get the message saying that HID controller is wrong.

I am using the following controller:
medium.JPG

I got a controller.ini some pages back from a guy that used this same controller, but that ini had the PID/VID settings wrong.
Mine were 0079/0006 respectively.

The controller.ini seems to be based in the DUAL SHOCK PS3 controller.
Can someone help me with this and creating the proper controller.ini?
Here are the settings for each button:

have you tried using the ps3 controller.ini
i have a red one like you with the P3 button in the middle and the ps3controller.ini works just fine for me

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
have you tried using the ps3 controller.ini
i have a red one like you with the P3 button in the middle and the ps3controller.ini works just fine for me

Yeah I tried but it says that the controller.ini is not for that device.
I will try changing the PID/HID values for the default PS3 ini but I doubt that will work since I did something similar to the other ini

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a WiiU either and I, too, prefer to have the apps in the sd, not real reason for it though. (Though I keep the covers for LoaderGX in the HDD because then I can update the covers manually if I connect it to the pc to add a new game or delete one)

Regarding my question, I'm pretty sure my code would look for the meta.xml in the same folder the .dol is, which is much more logical because you wouldn't have the meta.xml in any other place; and the devs didn't change that in the official svn so I guess it's okay the way it is. Again, it's not really important but i'm really curious about what reasons the person who created the patch (I don't know if it was Maxternal or not) had to change it from "check where I am" to "look in sd, if it's not there, look in hdd".

I think the Wavebird works if you have an adapter for it. That one is wireless too, isn't it? I'm not too sure if that works though, since I don't have one. But people are using them so..

I saw an adapter for the Wavebird on Mayflash's online store that connects either via a USB and one that uses an dongle that hooks up to a Wii remote. How reliable the mayflash adapters are remains to be seen, I hope to get one myself, I believe there are a few controller config files made for them now :P

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you compile Nintendont? Build.bat gives me "make" isn't a valid command.
Edit: Didn't have Dekitpro installed.

Does anyone know where the force language is stored in the files?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone that is using nintendont_wiiccusb.ini as your controller.ini. It is for the

[MayFlash Wii CC USB Adapter]
VID=1D79
PID=0301

Can you verify in HidTest v.6 if your left digital shoulder button is working correctly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you compile Nintendont? Build.bat gives me "make" isn't a valid command.
Edit: Didn't have Dekitpro installed.

Does anyone know where the force language is stored in the files?
Kernel/EXI.c line 103
it's writing the data found in nincfg.bin

nincfg.bin language is set here:
loader/sources/menu.c line 415
and defined in common/include/CommonConfig.h

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you just contributed to the growth.
why don't you guys read the Change Log?

I did read the changelog, but as you may be aware, its now hosted on a new googlecode page, and the old one seems to be lost (unless its re-emerged in the time between I wrote that last post and this post). So I don't know if there was a change between the transition that took care of this. It doesn't help that you didn't even bother to answer my simple question and instead just said to look at a page that doesn't cover all the changes.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did read the changelog, but as you may be aware, its now hosted on a new googlecode page, and the old one seems to be lost (unless its re-emerged in the time between I wrote that last post and this post). So I don't know if there was a change between the transition that took care of this. It doesn't help that you didn't even bother to answer my simple question and instead just said to look at a page that doesn't cover all the changes.

guess you missed the fact that I directly on the day the page got down completely backed it up and made it viewable offline...
http://filetrip.net/dl?oDZsKGDoKS

Reactions: markehmus

TattooDalton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the new DSP patches from version 1.00 is the sound back to the same as it was in r86? or is there still some DSP's not fixed yet? I don't remember which ones were missing before the new ones were implemented.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't add a new language.
The gamecube doesn't know more than these one.

Do you have games with other languages than the 6 listed in the cfg?
if a game have a language not in the list, it should have an in-game language selection.

G0rril4z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use HID_Test v6 and see if it says something like the controller configuration is not for this device.

I have tested the controller with v6 and it also works, every button I press gives me a number, but still it is not recognised by Nintendont. You think maybe the region of the controller as something to do with?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: