Hacking Nintendont

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Except that Classic Controllers are crap for playing GC games with.
If I had one, I'd rather play a GC game with a CC than go out and buy a new controller specifically for that task. It might not be the best possible controller, but it'd be perfectly adequate and I'll always take perfectly adequate and no extra expense over paying for a slightly superior experience.

Reactions: coolmario

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
What about using a wired xbox 360 controller - the usb one for pc- because it has a similar layout to a gamecube controller?.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If I had one, I'd rather play a GC game with a CC than go out and buy a new controller specifically for that task. It might not be the best possible controller, but it'd be perfectly adequate and I'll always take perfectly adequate and no extra expense over paying for a slightly superior experience.
It's not a slightly superior expense.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Except that Classic Controllers are crap for playing GC games with.
CC controller with Analog shoulder buttons is still better than a CC Pro, or a Wii U Controller Pro which have digital shoulder buttons, which IMO are unacceptable as controllers for GC. I need analog buttons dammit! I recently purchased a GC platinum wavebird off ebay $15 new. Worked great, I can only imagine a wired GC would cost less, not a very expensive investment for a comfortable and superior gaming experience.

Reactions: coolmario

flame6753

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out on this one? I have the mayflash gamecube to USB adapter with the dual ports.

I'm using the homebrew app HIDTestv4 to see if it will be compatible with nintendon't. The app says to press buttons and if the values change, then the device will be compatible. I've tried pressing buttons with he gamecube controller plugged into either port on the adapter, but I can't get any values to change. I would normally assume that the adapter is simply not compatible, but crediar himself says that he has confirmed that it works via twitter. - https://twitter.com/crediar/status/353622246591438849.

So I can't help but thinking that I'm doing something wrong.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The only difference (besides probably being coded quite differently I'm sure) is that this will not have Devolution's anti piracy disk-verification system, which requires owning both a Wii and the Gamecube games you are trying to play?
And having the discs in working order, and your wii's drive still working at all.

what's interesting is that it has always been told that it's impossible to do it, and it can in fact be done from multiple ways.
Well, when most people ask, they're not asking "Would this be possible maybe theoretically in a few years?", they're asking "Can I do it now because somebody else did the work for me?"

Reactions: MassiveRican

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is better: Devolution or Nintendont ? I know that Nintendon't isn't released yet.

P.S. Wait a minute.. Devolution is for Wii only.. Not for Wii U through vWii, right ?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Devolution now works on wiiu vwii as well. You will still need a wii to authenticate the backups on your harddisk.
I believe one of the major differences will be that Devolution can use a classic controller (connected to a wiimote)
and Nintendont will use usb controllers like the ps3 ones.
Devolution also needs you to use the same wiimote on your wii and wiiu as it's used in the authentication proces.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe one of the major differences will be that Devolution can use a classic controller (connected to a wiimote)

Devolution also supports use of the PS3 controller, both over USB (i.e. wired) and bluetooth (i.e. wireless), however Nintendont should in theory support any USB HID controller (i.e. most "generic" USB game controllers; ones that don't require drivers to work), including GC pads connected with a USB adapter (but not bluetooth pads; PS3 controllers will need to be connected via USB AFAIK).

Devolution also works with the WiiU Pro Controller, as well as CC with a wiimote.

Both also support using original GC controllers on Wii models with the GC ports, but that's probably not relevant here seeing as WiiU was mentioned.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Use cheats possibly, use Classic Controller, has been stated most definitely not. It will not use a bluetooth stack like Devolution, it will support USB HID compliant USB adapters unlike Devo, so they're kinda like the opposite of each other in that sense. The opening post has most of this info, you should give it a second read it will give you more insight. They keep it fairly up to date.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Devolution now works on wiiu vwii as well. You will still need a wii to authenticate the backups on your harddisk.
Devolution also needs you to use the same wiimote on your wii and wiiu as it's used in the authentication proces.
I didn't know Devolution was ported to the Wii U, but man is this a lot of work for something so minor as AS app for games that are no longer even being sold/made, hurry up Crediar and release Nintendont already so that I'd be ready once I upgrade to the U (when more interesting games come out, I'm sorry but NSMBU and MK8 just don't cut it for me).

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof