Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried and it doesn' work, no matter if i use pal 60 or force ntsc alongside force progressive.
But as isa id, with the older versions (3.386, 3.387) using the options force progressive or force pal 480p my television in the resolution info correctly displays "720x640 @60" then i don't understand what is wrong with new version or where i'm wrong. As i said, i have this problem no matter if i load directly through Nintendont or via Usb Loader Gx
unless you tell me wich games you tried i cant test for myself.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC and PAL have nothing to do with color. They're just the difference between lines per frame because of differences in the size of the vertical blank of 60Hz vs. 50Hz.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I think everyone here seems to be confusing what "NTSC" and "PAL" are.

NTSC and PAL are color encodings. By themselves, they have nothing to do with video timing, only how the color subcarrier is encoded. Remove it, and you get a black and white picture.

"480i" and "576i" are defined video timings that specify how many lines per frame and how many frames per second are drawn. Usually, NTSC is paired with 480i, and PAL is paired with 576i. It is entirely possible to use PAL with 480i (aka "PAL60"), and NTSC with 576i (but no one does this).

On GameCube and Wii, there's two versions of 480i: NTSC and PAL. The video timings are identical, but the NTSC version uses NTSC color encoding while the PAL version uses PAL color encoding. In addition, Nintendo decided to save some pins and overlay the S-Video and RGB functionality such that if using an NTSC mode, S-Video is enabled, but if using a PAL mode, RGB is enabled. This is why SCART users end up with a red-tinted screen when running an NTSC game unless they force a PAL video mode.

Finally, there's 480p and 576p. These don't work with NTSC or PAL encodings at all; they're only supported on GameCube and Wii if you use the component cables. Hence, there is no "NTSC" 480p or "PAL" 480p.

Exactly, 480P is used by Pal wii users with component cable in wii mode from the dayone in 2006
By the way There are both a "force progressive" and "Force Pal 480P" option in uSb loader gx that works flawlessly with the older versions of Nintendont, and my tv says that the image resolution is a "720x480p 6@60", if i use the latest i have a blank screen, no matter of what if i use the option force ntsc or force pal 60 alongside force progressive.

unless you tell me wich games you tried i cant test for myself.

Buffy chaos Bleeds, beyond good and evil, Burnout, and others

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC and PAL have nothing to do with color. They're just the difference between lines per frame because of differences in the size of the vertical blank of 60Hz vs. 50Hz.

But isn't there some kind of joke where people say NTSC = "Never the same color"? People should use NTSC whenever they can, games are 20% faster anyways.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But isn't there some kind of joke where people say NTSC = "Never the same color"? People should use NTSC whenever they can, games are 20% faster anyways.
nope they arent lol GC and up games arent faster anymore they are the same speed the only diference is pal refershes 50 times screen a second while ntsc refreshes 60, well there were some games supporting pal 60hz too.

that is only a thing until n64/ps1 era, ps2,gc,xbox and up there is no speed diference.

Last edited by pedro702,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope they arent lol GC and up games arent faster anymore they are the same speed the only diference is pal refershes 50 times screen a second while ntsc refreshes 60, well there were some games supporting pal 60hz too.

that is only a thing until n64/ps1 era, ps2,gc,xbox and up there is no speed diference.

Ah, okay, I was thinking of Snes/Megadrive games had slower music tempo, those were roughly 20% slower, but as for later games, yeah, a non-issue. Most EU TVs support both standards as far as I know. Pal60 is only used in Brazil, but it's the best of both worlds, higher Hz and higher resolution.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Exactly, 480P is used by Pal wii users with component cable in wii mode from the dayone in 2006
By the way There are both a "force progressive" and "Force Pal 480P" option in uSb loader gx that works flawlessly with the older versions of Nintendont, and my tv says that the image resolution is a "720x480p 6@60", if i use the latest i have a blank screen, no matter of what if i use the option force ntsc or force pal 60 alongside force progressive.

the bug has been found on rev 404 wich fixed some pal games forced stuff while breaking some others so wait until a solution that goes for both partys gets found by fix94 he is fast so this shouldnt take much time xD

Reactions: Zonta85

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

update nintendont and forced progressive should work again.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Here is the difference between v3 (forcing progressive) and v4, when in v4 i force progressive alongside ntsc or pal60, and in the left high corner of the tv you can see taht the resolution is "720x480 @60"

EDIT

Updating to 4.422 and using "force PAL60" alongside "Force progressive" it works againg flawlessly, thank you FIX94 and also to Pedro 702!

Last edited by Zonta85,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, i edited my last message, thanks to you and to FIX94 ;)
i dont think you even need to force pal60 anymore, i think just force progressive should work since now it activates the pal 60 flag too.

force progressive
force ntsc
for pal 60

any of this options now sets the pal 60 flag so i didnt tryed it but you should be fine with just force progressive.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then you have to deal with removing your homebrew channel coloring thing you can probably delete homebrew channel save in the save manager and then delete the homebrew channel channel and then reinstall the channel again.
I think I have save manager in my homebrew channel. Alright. Thank you. That why I want make sure before I do this.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the quality of the audio in this gamecube port is pretty bad and that seems to be the case because of badly converted audio, in this test video I show off the intro in its original state first and after that I cut directly to what it sounds like when you would re-encode the audio. Who knows, maybe I'll keep working on this and make a little tool which can re-encode the entire audio on the disc ;)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So the quality of the audio in this gamecube port is pretty bad and that seems to be the case because of badly converted audio, in this test video I show off the intro in its original state first and after that I cut directly to what it sounds like when you would re-encode the audio. Who knows, maybe I'll keep working on this and make a little tool which can re-encode the entire audio on the disc ;)

wow, you still working on nintendont??
that's amazing.. thanks for everything..

what happened to crediars? his website is gone...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Wow!
The difference between the reencoded audio and the original one sure is huge, the original sounds somewhat dry in comparison

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu