Hacking Nintendont

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is. My WiiU is PAL, and most of my iso are NTSC-U.

Sweet, thank you. Has anyone had any trouble with Timesplitters Future Perfect? I was playing the first Challenge and got a "Gamecube disc error" crash. Any ideas what would cause this? Bad ISO?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sweet, thank you. Has anyone had any trouble with Timesplitters Future Perfect? I was playing the first Challenge and got a "Gamecube disc error" crash. Any ideas what would cause this? Bad ISO?
what nintendont rev are you using? if you are using the latest 325 one then check your iso to see if its not compressed or a bad dump.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why dont the devs OP owner remove the 1.0 link from the OP its ridiculous the ammount of people we had that use that link, the link shouldnt be in the OP imo.

I Agree a 100% there with pedro702, the links to the old versions do not contribute anything anymore and still seem to cause confusion to some people that read the 1st page, so they need to be removed or unlinked...

Also i would like to take this time to give a compliment to sabykos and others that worked on the OP, in my opinion this is one of the best OP's with lots of information and guides to setup Nintendont.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
But if they remove the "download previous versions" link then this would also cause a lot of issues, I for once don't know of any other way to download an older version of Nintendont nor do I know how to compile one myself.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what nintendont rev are you using? if you are using the latest 325 one then check your iso to see if its not compressed or a bad dump.

Not entirely sure as I'm at work at the moment, which one should I be aiming for? Is there a way to update within Nintendont?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But if they remove the "download previous versions" link then this would also cause a lot of issues, I for once don't know of any other way to download an older version of Nintendont nor do I know how to compile one myself.

I was only talking about the Alpha and 1.0 version, i am sure pedro702 meant the same thing.

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what do you mean aiming for?
first make sure your using 325
second check your iso size to see if its lower than 1.35gb
third check your iso md and compare with recump.

Actually, I think I'm just using straight v1.0 - what's the best way to update to r325?

Also, what's recump? Do you mean redump? Sorry, I don't know what this is..

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, I think I'm just using straight v1.0 - what's the best way to update to r325?

*facepalm*, this example is exactly why it needs to be removed from the OP, some people spend some time already to help this guy, but if he was indeed using 1.0 all that time spend was useless..

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*facepalm*, this example is exactly why it needs to be removed from the OP, some people spend so much time already to help this guy, but if he was indeed using 1.0 all that time spend was useless..

To be fair, none of the problems I've had before now have had anything to do with the version of Nintendont I've been using. Earlier issues I had was because I wasn't running IOS58.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be fair, none of the problems I've had before now have had anything to do with the version of Nintendont I've been using. Earlier issues I had was because I wasn't running IOS58.
version 1.0 only runs windwaker i doubt you were using version 1.0 really in the first place.

but yeah please someone remove that link from there...

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I was saying this, because 1.0 is also not a very good version to start with and has a lot of problems.
If you start using nintendont with 1.0 then helping you is like carying water in buckets filled with holes..

Reactions: Margen67

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
version 1.0 only runs windwaker i doubt you were using version 1.0 really in the first place.

but yeah please someone remove that link from there...

Okay, so how do I update to r325? The first post really isn't very clear..

Also, what's the best way to check using redump? Like, what do I use to check my ISO is okay?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, so how do I update to r325? The first post really isn't very clear..

Also, what's the best way to check using redump? Like, what do I use to check my ISO is okay?
if you have your wii or wiiu connected to the internet go to settings and click 1/X and download nintendont that will give you the latest version everytime, but manualy here it is the link https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r325/trunk/loader/loader.dol

md5 tool here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y3tfpoil433rij/MD5_SHA-1+Utility.exe
after afew seconds it will show your iso your md5 and sh1 copy the redump.org one there and see if they match.

Reactions: steviebwoy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ignore earlier post, found it here :) Cheers Pedro.

Does a later version of Nintendont prevent the "Disc error" problems with ISOs?
if it was due to you using an old rev yes, if its due to a bad iso then no, you need to make sure everything is correct, latest rev and good iso to prevent disc errors.

Reactions: steviebwoy

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Alright so I did some more testing with the bios lag issue, here are the results:

-r3.319 = no lag
-r3.320 = no lag
-r3.321 = lag
-r3.322 = lag
-r3.323 = lag
-r3.324 = lag
-r3.325 = lag

So the issue started with r3.321 and is still present in r3.325, so at this point I'm settling for r3.320 as my definitive version.

And while we're at it, Midway Arcade Treasures 2 still have that noise in the start up, and Sonic Mega Collection still has the audio delay the first time you pick a game, but once you bring up the Z menu and the game seems to run fine, played for an hour with no problem!

Once again, I'm NOT demanding a fix, nor am asking for one, I'm ONLY reporting any and all weird behaviors I noticed!

Oh and for those who updated USB-Loader GX then had issues that asks for the dol file to run Gamecube games, just choose "default settings" in the game settings and this should take care of the issue.
So we know the cause is timer patches then, which is consistent with my previous tests too.
Hopefully Fix94 can check it out now to see what's causing the conflict

Reactions: Troopage

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, it must be a problem with the Timesplitters Future Perfect ISO I've been using I think - it was under 1GB, but the one I should be using is apparently 1.45GB.
Presumably I should get another one and shrink it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.