Hacking Nintendont: "USB FAT device could not be opened"

totesmagotes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying out Nintendont for the first time, and when I open it up and choose "USB", it says: "USB FAT device could not be opened".

My Drive is a 1TB Seagate external, with a wbfs folder full of wii games, and a games folder. The games folder has a folder called: "Super Smash Bros. Melee [GALE01], with a game.iso in it, containing the 20xx version of melee. The drive is formatted fat32, Basic MBR with a 32KB cluster size.

Some background:
I used to have it split into two partitions, one fat32 for GC games, and a wbfs for wii, and it worked great for years with config USB loader and Dios Mios. Recently though, it stopped reading GC games properly (inputs wouldn't work), so I figured I'd try switching to the one fat32 partition solution, and that still works for Wii games, but GC games just go to a black screen. I wanted to try Nintendont and see if that works.

I've included a picture that shows what my wii drive looks like in AOMEI partition assistant.

Anyone have any idea what I could try to make it work?

Attachments

• wii drive.png
    wii drive.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 456

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the drive looks fine.
Do you have multiple HDD connected at the same time ?
do you use HUB ?

Plug only the drive, nothing else. no other USB accessory of devices.

If it still says it can't find the FAT partition, stop using that program to manage your drive's partition. maybe it's not writing the proper "FAT32" partition ID in the partition table.
Try formating the HDD with this one :
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Last edited by Cyan,

totesmagotes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You were right about reformatting the drive, except AOMEI wasn't the problem. I don't know what happened to make both DIOS MIOS and Nintendont unable to read GC games to begin with, but when I went from two separate partitions to one,
I didn't really reformat, I used AOMEI to merge them into one, so whatever corruption or whatever stopped Nintendont/Dios Mios from reading GC games persisted.

Thanks Cyan!

Reactions: Cyan

totesmagotes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was the only one I had at that point, but I used to have two partitions: An MBFS and a Fat32, which I combined into one Fat32 using wbfs2fat, after I had problems loading GC games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU