Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader: USB Loader GX R1233
Nintendont revs tested: Latest Nintendont-MasterMod (r263) vs Latest Nintendont (vanilla) (r263)
Controller used: Wiimote + Nunchuck

The USB Loader GX message "This Nintendont version cannot boot games from USB" still shows using latest vanilla Nintendont, so its a USB Loader GX problem. That didn't happen when I used Howard's Nunchuck beta 16, but I guess Cyan needs to change USB Loader GX source code to support the latest rev :)
The problem I'm experiencing using Nintendont-MasterMod (r263) is that when using Wiimote + Nunchuck as controllers, any game seems to act as if I were smashing the buttons randomly, without even getting any real input from me.

I tried to switch the controller config using the provided 2 + X button combos but it didn't make any difference.
I also tried loading Nintendont-Mastermod (r263) using the homebrew channel; it didn't make any difference.
I also tried using another USB flashdrive; it didn't make any difference.
I also tested the other Wiimote + Nunchuck I had, it didn't make any difference either.
This does not happen when using the lastest vainilla Nintendont (r263).

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
can you test it now (update online or manually)

@Soleyu
I believe I fixed 3rd party CC/CCP problems, it's detected every single time now

I've added the bold stuff to bt.c to detect more vendors as described here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/devkitpro/mailman/message/25290474/

changed:

else if(*(u8*)buffer == 0x21) //read memory data
{
if(stat->transferstate == TRANSFER_GET_IDENT)
{
if(R32((u32)((u8*)buffer+8)) == (0xA4200101) | (0x90908f00) | (0x9e9f9c00) | (0xa5a2a300) | (0x98999900) )

Reactions: oddMLan

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, now what? Will it be fixed by christmas? I'm giving the gift of Nintendont. Would be nice to give something that works. No offense.

Soleyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
No! I will NOT take it easy!! I will not apologize for apologizing!!:lol:

In any case, thanks, after an automatic update it now works flawlessly.

Though it's weird, I gathered that you were fixing third party ccp, right? Well... I have the official classic controller(with official wiimote plus), I don't really have any third party wiimotes or peripherals, so... weird programming shenanigans?

Thanks a lot man, now it's all good.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
k great :P
updated to rev 265

thanks Howard for adding 3rd party classics
however some 3rd parties still refuse to work properly like the one I have, it connects maybe 1 in 5 times
it seems the issue with those is that there is problem enabling write (mode 0x20) I believe, that's why the wiimote stays with 4 leds on.

anyways, the new 3rd party stuff like generics and nykowing have different codes and may work now too

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Howard for adding 3rd party classics
however some 3rd parties still refuse to work properly like the one I have, it connects maybe 1 in 5 times
it seems the issue with those is that there is problem enabling write (mode 0x20) I believe, that's why the wiimote stays with 4 leds on.

Are you saying if you unplug and replug the generic controller about 5 time one of those times it will work?
Once it works if you unplug and replug does it contine to work every time or is it still a 20% chance of working each time?
Not sure what you mean by "enabling write (mode 0x20)" what lines are you looking at?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
No if unplugged it wont work again
1/5 is for first trial.
I'm trying to find out why it has low rate of success and the only explaination is that it fails to communicate with the wiimote
So it s not reaching the stage of setting mode to ccp and that's mode 0x20 if i understood the bt.c correctly

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No if unplugged it wont work again
1/5 is for first trial.
I'm trying to find out why it has low rate of success and the only explaination is that it fails to communicate with the wiimote
So it s not reaching the stage of setting mode to ccp and that's mode 0x20 if i understood the bt.c correctly
I did a search on every 0x20 in bt.c and cant tell what you are refering to. What line numbers are you looking at?
What you are probably going to have to do is ad statements for a debug log to bt.c. Then compare working and non working logs to narrow down the problem.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I did a search on every 0x20 in bt.c and cant tell what you are refering to. What line numbers are you looking at?
What you are probably going to have to do is ad statements for a debug log to bt.c. Then compare working and non working logs to narrow down the problem.
it's this part I believe:
Code:
    else if(*(u8*)buffer == 0x20)    //status report - responce to 0x15 or automaticly generated when expansion controller is plugged or unplugged
    {
        if(*((u8*)buffer+3) & 0x02)    //expansion controller connected
        {
            if(stat->transferstate == TRANSFER_EXT1)
            {
                u8 data[22];
                memset(data, 0, 22);
                data[0] = 0x16; //set mode to write
                data[1] = 0x04; //write to registers
                data[2] = 0xA4; data[3] = 0x00; data[4] = 0xF0; //address
                data[5] = 0x01; //length
                data[6] = 0x55; //data deactivate motion plus
                bte_senddata(stat->sock,data,22);    //returns 0x22 Acknowledge output report and return function result 
                stat->transferstate = TRANSFER_EXT2;
                sync_after_write(arg, sizeof(struct BTPadStat));
            }
        }
        else if(stat->transfertype == 0x34 || stat->transfertype == 0x37)
        {
            //reset
            stat->controller = C_NOT_SET;
            stat->transferstate = TRANSFER_EXT1;
            sync_after_write(arg, sizeof(struct BTPadStat));
            if(chan < CHAN_NOT_SET)
            {
                BTPad[chan].used = C_NOT_SET;
                sync_after_write(&BTPad[chan], sizeof(struct BTPadCont));
            }
        }
    }

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
updated the dol after making some code cleanup and updated the patch too, it's based on rev 265 now

replaced nintendont "mansion" theme with this new image:
1z4iw0o.png

also a new Nintendont "Future" background:
2w6xydd.png

Reactions: oddMLan

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nunchuck is fixed now! :)

Thanks AbdallahTerro! I'm really liking Naggers as the default controller config, and I'm in love with the boot screens and loader themes :D

Too bad that FIX94 and JoostinOnline don't want to merge your themes code, but it's really great that this alternative mod exists! :D

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Abz can u do some for 3rd party wiimote? ? Or dev can make a dol for take info from wiimote bt code? ? Now i test your last dol... the last i have try not enable IR (only 2 and +)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Nunchuck is fixed now! :)

<snip>
Too bad that FIX94 and JoostinOnline don't want to merge your themes code
<snip>

No one said they don't want to add it, where did you read that? actually they both don't mind
Abz can u do some for 3rd party wiimote? ? Or dev can make a dol for take info from wiimote bt code? ? Now i test your last dol... the last i have try not enable IR (only 2 and +)

third party stuff can only be added if we have enough documentation about how it works and communicates
latest dol always in my sig
here's the direct link: http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/boot.dol
or you can just go to settings > update menu > update nintendont mastermod

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
tiny update:
* fixed some recursive function calls
* After downloading a theme and watching the preview you'll return to the selected theme
* this also fixed launching games after downloading themes (though you might need to press A twice sometimes)
updated the patch with the new bugfixes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw