Hacking Nintendont on gamepad ??

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
We already have button registration on vWii. It's represented in Xenoblade Chronicles FW.img which also loads an XML file. We just need to run that FW.img and figure out how it loads the XML file and we are home-free. I will PM Fix94 about it, explain a few details which I think may lead to the success of this project and see if he could somehow come up with something.
you do know that wii e shop games have their own fw and ios inside them right? so even if you figure out how they use it it will never work on vwii since the fw and the ios arent installed on normal vwii fw.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you do know that wii e shop games have their own fw and ios inside them right? so even if you figure out how they use it it will never work on vwii since the fw and the ios arent installed on normal vwii fw.
Nintendont doesn't need any custom IOS to work. Only the original IOS 58 which is present on vWii.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what im saying is, even if you figure out all the comands to use the gamepad it wont work on normal vwii since the normal vwii fw is diferent and its missing those ios that they have.
What they are saying, is to try botting a modified Wii VC game with removed files or something, so that it crashes or something and redirects to a vWii home-menu like instead, but with their own iOS patched in, and booth Nintendont or anything else from there.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a big text file with junk in it. Copy that onto the nand a bunch then delete it all. Overwrite the freed stuff that the game took up. See if it crashes.
Ok. I will give it a shot and see if anything happens. It should've freed up about 400 MB when I deleted the NFS files

As far as i know, different.
Each vWii VC game has different fw.img.

That might be a bit of a problem then

What they are saying, is to try botting a modified Wii VC game with removed files or something, so that it crashes or something and redirects to a vWii home-menu like instead, but with their own iOS patched in, and booth Nintendont or anything else from there.
What I was trying to do was remove the game part of the VC itself and it would hopefully crash to vWii menu and we can load Nintendont from there with gamepad support which is mapped to a classic controller. But, when I deleted the game part of the VC, the VC still loads perfectly fine leading me to believe that it's not NFS files that run the game but possibly the RPX file in the code folder. If that's the case, our job might have just gotten easier :)

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So, when the NSF files aren't there (and I don't have a backup of the game on USB. Whoops...), it displays the error message in the image below so, that doesn't work like I wanted it to. Our next best bet would be asking @FIX94 to add the ability to go straight to the Wii Menu in HBL2HBC or we figure out how to launch Nintendont with HBL2HBC (which is completely irrelevant right now however) and we also need to load an XML file to have vWii load as it's launching. I think we could do that with HBL2HBC but, I have no clue. Just a big idea that I came up with.

Attachments

• 20170220_144245.jpg
    20170220_144245.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: lordelan

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that it's been almost 3 months since the last post on this thread, I guess it's a good time to ask if we figured out how to convert an ISO to NFS file. Probably not but, is anyone working on the research for it? If so, who is and where can we check progress on it?

Reactions: Garblant

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Now that it's been almost 3 months since the last post on this thread, I guess it's a good time to ask if we figured out how to convert an ISO to NFS file. Probably not but, is anyone working on the research for it? If so, who is and where can we check progress on it?
Sorry, was never able to extract the NFS files from my Wii U. This probably means that you can't make your own as it stands either, no permissions for those files.

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, was never able to extract the NFS files from my Wii U. This probably means that you can't make your own as it stands either, no permissions for those files.
I was able to extract them though. Very easily too. You just download them from FTPiiU Everywhere with the IOSU exploit running. Do you need an easier way of obtaining them?

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't work for me, how strange.
Have you tried downloading a game from Wii U USB Loader since that doesn't work for you? At that point, you just need to extract the game and then you will have the NFS files since Loadiine isn't working for you. I suggest Super Paper Mario since it is less than 450 MB to download.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
but it works :D
yeah same way you could tecnicaly open the gamepad and repalce the controller conntions with a wiiu pro controller connections and be a wiiu pro inside a wiiu gamepad case...

he basicaly made his gamepad a CC for ever, it will never work as a gamepad again since all his wires went to transformer signals and crap like that.

Last edited by pedro702,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah same way you could tecnicaly open the gamepad and repalce the controller conntions with a wiiu pro controller connections and be a wiiu pro inside a wiiu gamepad case...

he basicaly made his gamepad a CC for ever, it will never work as a gamepad again since all his wires went to transformer signals and crap like that.
If done correctly it would work as a gamepad still.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play games on nintendont with a ps3 controller, and I use the gamepad as a screen. A ps3 controller works natively with Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks