Nintendont memory card error

Co-StarLuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About two months ago, I filled an entire folder on my Wii U's home menu with GameCube injections. Today, I found that not a single one of them would boot; the Virtual Console description would appear for a few seconds, then the Wii logo on the gamepad would flash, then I'd be stuck on a black screen with no option but to unplug the console and plug it back in.

I deleted the entire folder and every game in it, installed the latest versions of Nintendont and UWUVCI, and reinjected a couple of games to no avail. After hours of aimlessly finicking with files on the SD card, I realized a couple of things:

1) By deleting the virtual memory card for any given GameCube game from the "saves" folder on the root of the Wii U's SD card, the game would boot as normal
2) As long as the Wii U remained powered on, I could exit and boot the game as many times as I wanted with no issues
3) If the Wii U was powered off and then turned back on, the game would not boot if the virtual memory card holding its save data was not deleted beforehand

Permanently leaving the console powered on or deleting a game's save data everytime I want to play it is in no way practical, and I don't have a second USB to attempt booting GameCube iso files through Nintendont on the vWii side of things. I can only assume that whatever changes the recent 5.5.6 update made is messing with my GameCube injections somehow, because everything ran smoothly the last time I booted one up (before that update), but how the update could be affecting my injections is unknown to me. If anyone has an idea of what could be causing my problem or of a potential fix for it, I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

If it helps, I've been using the Tiramisu hack with no autoboot from about two months ago (before the latest system update) to now.

Edit: In regards to this:

I don't have a second USB to attempt booting GameCube iso files through Nintendont on the vWii side of things

It somehow slipped my mind that Nintendont can read games off of the SD card. Running iso files through Nintendont works without issue, both via vWii mode and the Gamepad-enabled forwarder in Wii U mode. I'm no longer in immediate need of a solution, but I would still appreciate any advice on my injection problem because I prefer having all of my games displayed on my home menu and not split across several apps/modes.

Last edited by Co-StarLuma,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not 5.5.6 as i have this issue on 5.5.5 JP with both tiramisu and aroma.

Thing is something very rarely the games will actually boot even with the save but having to pull power a bunch to do it is not ideal, i have tried going from the vWii as well as directly to the homebrew channel from the boot menu but nothing changes.

Seems to crash after nintendont should be switching to the game.

Reactions: Co-StarLuma

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is your sd card locked? maybe the games are creating bad files to save, afaik tiramisu has issues with nintendont injects on usb and they blackscreen alot more than cbhc on usb, have you tryed installing one to nand to see if it works all the time?

Reactions: Co-StarLuma

Co-StarLuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your sd card locked?
This is one of the first things I checked when I started having this problem

maybe the games are creating bad files to save
Nintendont seems to have no issue with initializing the virtual memory card and writing data to it. For one, using the home button to exit the game then starting the game up again shows that Nintendont can boot the game and read the save data with no issues as long as the Wii U hasn't been turned off. But also, I tested the .raw files I took from my old Wii USB stick which I know for a fact aren't corrupt and ran into the exact same problem.

have you tryed installing one to nand to see if it works all the time?
Up until this point I specifically avoiding installing any injections to nand as the injection software specifically warns against it to avoid potential bricks. But I did download one injection to nand just to try and see, and still had the exact same problem.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is one of the first things I checked when I started having this problem

Nintendont seems to have no issue with initializing the virtual memory card and writing data to it. For one, using the home button to exit the game then starting the game up again shows that Nintendont can boot the game and read the save data with no issues as long as the Wii U hasn't been turned off. But also, I tested the .raw files I took from my old Wii USB stick which I know for a fact aren't corrupt and ran into the exact same problem.

Up until this point I specifically avoiding installing any injections to nand as the injection software specifically warns against it to avoid potential bricks. But I did download one injection to nand just to try and see, and still had the exact same problem.
lol injects to nand has no brick risk, no idea where that came from.
Maybe you are using an old injector or something? or tiramisu just doesnt like that injector program? no idea what its going on then.unless your forcing settings on some games that they like, tryed deleting the ninconfig.bin? but you would need an nintendont solo inject to make a new bin tough since i dont think any injector makes ninconfig.bins that work on recent nintendont very well.

undertaker89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol injects to nand has no brick risk, no idea where that came from.
Maybe you are using an old injector or something? or tiramisu just doesnt like that injector program? no idea what its going on then.unless your forcing settings on some games that they like, tryed deleting the ninconfig.bin? but you would need an nintendont solo inject to make a new bin tough since i dont think any injector makes ninconfig.bins that work on recent nintendont very well.
Sometimes files are corrupt I think it's the game itself not da emulators memory card..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo