Hacking Wii and Gamecube games returning to wii u home menu on boot

infernogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having and issue where both wii and gamecubes on my external powered hdd attempt to boot but then I am sent back to the wii u home menu.

This also occurs with a non-injected wii game from the eshop.

Wii U games run just fine on the hdd, wii games boot just fine from nand, and gamecube games run fine from the SD card through the nintendont forwarder.

I just recently replaced my old HDD case (broken and very old) with another one but I've noticed that the new one only draws 1.5A from the wall while my previous one drew 2.0A. Not sure if this is a significant enough difference to cause the hdd to not work when booting into wii mode but still work everywhere else.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just recently replaced my old HDD case (broken and very old) with another one but I've noticed that the new one only draws 1.5A from the wall while my previous one drew 2.0A. Not sure if this is a significant enough difference to cause the hdd to not work when booting into wii mode but still work everywhere else.
do you have a Y cable with this external hard drive?

infernogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not no. Power cable into wall and then the standard USB into the back of the wii u. I guess it's just not getting enough power from the wall? Weird that it works just fine on the wii u side of things.

infernogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have acquired a y-cable and sadly it did not fix the issue.
The light on the HDD turns off then comes back on when the wii u boots into the vwii.
So might just be how the hdd case works.

It does however work with my non wall powered smaller 120gb hard drive. So definitely is just that hdd case I guess. Unlucky.

Last edited by infernogamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game