Hacking Nintendont is not working

S3basGm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i have nintendont installed on a hacked wii, also with usb loader gx, it used to work fine a few days ago, but now its not launching anymore, the wii games work perfectly, but when i try to launch a gamecube game, it just returns to usb loader, also when i try to launch nintendont it loads normally, Except for the issue that it only shows storage devices for a few frames and then it returns to the loader, whether launched from wii nand, homebrew channel, or usb loader, anything i could do?

Attachments

• IMG_2901.mov
    22.4 MB
  • IMG_2900.mov
    26.6 MB

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you move GC files to another folder or re-arranged other folders/apps ?

Not clear if it's a Nintendont issue or .... ???
Looks like you're using Nintendont directly, without USBL GX menu (?).

S3basGm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you move GC files to another folder or re-arranged other folders/apps ?

Not clear if it's a Nintendont issue or .... ???
Looks like you're using Nintendont directly, without USBL GX menu (?).
Didnt even touch the SD Card, it has been inside of the console all this time, and i tried to launch the games both from usb loader and nintendont

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems Nintendont is not getting to the storage selection.
I would closely examine your SD &/or USB storage for conflicts & settings.

Try Nintendont without the USB being connected, & or visa versa (pending how you your storage devices are setup).

Nintendont is a solid app & usually hasn't got many issues.

WingedStar64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1. Are your GameCube ROMs set up correctly?

Did you copy them in a "games" folder in the root your SD Card/USB? Did you make sure you renamed them as "game.iso" (and "disc2.iso" for those games with a second disc) and place them in separate folders for each game, too?

2. Is your SD Card/USB formatted as a FAT32 drive?
Nintendont only works with FAT32 drives, it won't work it NTFS drives.

If you're not sure, you can always plug them on your computer to check if your SD/USB uses either NTFS or FAT32 by seeing their properties... on Windows, at least...

If you need to format it to FAT32, I'd recommend you to make a backup of your games and other files in your SD/USB before formatting it. I recommend to use FAT32 if you want to run both Wii and GameCube ROMs in the same drive!

3. I see you're using an outdated version of Nintendont. You can easily update it with USB Loader GX in "Settings" > "Features". Make sure your Wii is connected to Internet, or just go to Nintendont's GitHub page download the .DOL file to update it manually. The current version is 6.500.

I hope this helps! :3

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Didnt even touch the SD Card, it has been inside of the console all this time, and i tried to launch the games both from usb loader and nintendont
Think of what you did just before it started to fail. Changed or added something ?
Looks to me, you haven't used your Wii in ages (?)

Conflicts/botched app settings (?)
Looking at the mov (1 failed) - Feels like I'm back in the 90's ;)
You seem to have old/outdated apps. Time for the updating magnifying glass ;)

I would also do an integrity test on your SD card (It may have become corrupt) or reformat it & start again. Make sure you leave at least 800mb of free space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0