Misc Nintendo Zone Creator for Windows 7

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, I am announcing that I am making a Nintendo Zone Creator using the Windows 7's secret and special code. It is currently a batch file, but when it is ready to be shared with the world, I will create it in .exe format for Windows 7 only. According to this website I found on Google (http://www.neowin.ne...-a-wifi-hotspot), an administrator-only command line was revealed. Using this command line, I managed to create my own tool that turns any Windows 7 PC into your very own Nintendo Zone for your 3DS. Here are the results of the project so far:
*Nintendo Zone is detectable by the 3DS system and appears on the HOME menu
*Nintendo Zone can't be recognized by the Nintendo Zone 3DS software

The result in red is a big problem. If it isn't fixed, the project will not be finished until a solution is found.

If anyone has a solution to the result in red, PM me or leave me a comment below. Your help is very important so I can release this to every one.

This project can be in basic or GUI form. I could try the GUI form. This part is up to you.

I will appreciate your help.

-Jaron

EDIT: Seems that the code can only share your ethernet connection to Wi-Fi. You can't do Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi, according to Connectify.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using your wireless router, change the SSID to "attwifi".

BAMB, you have a Nintendo zone.
is this wat you gonna do?

Yep, an SSID change. That's it. No
Windows 7's secret and special code.

required.

...Whatever the fuck that is.
No. It is a computer program. The computer is hosting attwifi. Here is the code I use to create the virtual router:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi

netsh wlan start hostednetwork
(the website said ssid= key=, but I didn't use that to avoid access point encryption)

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S, to everyone who thinks I am using a router, have you read the post I made, or did you just skip to the comments section?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but what he is saying is that we can just change our own SSID on our routers and achieve the same thing, and it works 100%...

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but what he is saying is that we can just change our own SSID on our routers and achieve the same thing, and it works 100%...
NOOOO... he said we can just change our own SSID on our routers and achieve the same thing, DUH!!! It's a computer program for people who don't actually HAVE routers. Thank you very much.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also requires a win7 pc that has a compatible wireless card... one that can make access points. If they have that, they can use Connectify to make an attwifi access point.

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also requires a win7 pc that has a compatible wireless card... one that can make access points. If they have that, they can use Connectify to make an attwifi access point.
That's a problem. Connectify does have unencrypted Wi-Fi, but the problem is the program will only let you name the access point Connectify-attwifi.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a problem. Connectify does have unencrypted Wi-Fi, but the problem is the program will only let you name the access point Connectify-attwifi.
Ah, I apologize then. I did not know they force their name onto it. :/

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I apologize then. I did not know they force their name onto it. :/
It's okay, I tried it once, and I was so freakin' disappointed, too. And I heard Connectify uses the same code I am using to create this, so it's a waste of time now. I'm starting to feel the same way about this project. Hey quick question, do you think Connectify will find out and get mad if I called this Nintendoify? :unsure:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are third party (not exactly sure if that's the way of describing it) apps for windows that create APs with whatever name you want. Usually programs that come with usb dongles and such. I can't remember what any of them were called, unfortunately...

Nintendoify doesn't roll off the tongue like connectify does, haha.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
First of all, Nintendo Zone is ALWAYS available in the home screen menu. Once you open it if it isn't connecting then you haven't setup the wireless network exactly the way it needs it to be.

Check if the attwifi network is being detected by other devices. Also check if the 3DS is connected to the attwifi network and if you can access the internet.

You might also have to specify the type of encryption for the network to use in the netsh command. Change the batch script to specify encryption as WEP. I can't think of anything else that might be wrong.

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Nintendo Zone is ALWAYS available in the home screen menu. Once you open it if it isn't connecting then you haven't setup the wireless network exactly the way it needs it to be.

Check if the attwifi network is being detected by other devices. Also check if the 3DS is connected to the attwifi network and if you can access the internet.

You might also have to specify the type of encryption for the network to use in the netsh command. Change the batch script to specify encryption as WEP. I can't think of anything else that might be wrong.
I wouldn't do anything about encryption, because the attwifi networks are not encrypted, so I will leave that alone. But my 3DS detects it but doesn't connect. I may try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol