Gaming Nintendo Video Problem

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
I just downloaded the new "ESE_MD*" then tried downloading it to Nintendo Video.
Problem is... The 2nd and 4th panel of my Nintendo Video doesn't have their videos anymore.. They're just blank.
And another one is.. The videos stay the same.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@nintendoom: corrupt video. did the Nintendo Video app update the SD card when the download finished? Did the download from server to 3DS even finish? all problems with a working setup IS corrupt video. redownload it and replace the ones you're hosting. once you start downloading the videos from Nintendo to your PC, take a note of the estimated file size (your browser should be able to tell you what's the full size of your download is, aside from what's currently downloaded). as for your 2nd and 4th panel videos, they're probably pretty old vids, which means you haven't updated in a while. they expired when you updated, is what happened.

@spinalcord: I've never really had videos expire on me. The only time a slot expired on me was AFTER i downloaded a few new ones and had no new video for that slot. so i guess videos does have an expiry date, but doesn't disappear until you update/replace at least one video. i'll hazard a guess that you can keep videoes for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
ferofax said:
@nintendoom: corrupt video. did the Nintendo Video app update the SD card when the download finished? Did the download from server to 3DS even finish? all problems with a working setup IS corrupt video. redownload it and replace the ones you're hosting. once you start downloading the videos from Nintendo to your PC, take a note of the estimated file size (your browser should be able to tell you what's the full size of your download is, aside from what's currently downloaded). as for your 2nd and 4th panel videos, they're probably pretty old vids, which means you haven't updated in a while. they expired when you updated, is what happened.

@spinalcord: I've never really had videos expire on me. The only time a slot expired on me was AFTER i downloaded a few new ones and had no new video for that slot. so i guess videos does have an expiry date, but doesn't disappear until you update/replace at least one video. i'll hazard a guess that you can keep videoes for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.
corrupt videos huh,..
what if I delete the folder where the videos are in my SD, then redownload it? [I just do not know what and which folders are for Nintendo Video]

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
That could potentially mess things up. If you have to delete videos, delete the app instead. But go to Data Management and delete any extra content first (they're probably the videos). Then redownload the app from eShop.

Maybe with this you can get back to loading old videos, like starting from scratch, but not so sure about it either. You can then try putting in old videos in their respective slots, just make sure you go from oldest to newest. If you upload a new video to your 3DS, you won't be able to put the old ones back for that slot.

Probably easier and safer to forget about the videos you lost and just get what's currently available for those slots you lost. Anyways if the first video downloaded fine, but the 2nd and 4th slot didn't, then you only have to replace those--they're the ones that didn't download correctly.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
ferofax said:
They expired on me....I was in Canada and activated Nintendo Video, I had the Smurfs trailer, All is Not Lost ( I liked this one
frown.gif
) and Bearshark, all of them slowly were deleted by Nintendo video itself

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
ferofax said:
They expired on me....I was in Canada and activated Nintendo Video, I had the Smurfs trailer, All is Not Lost ( I liked this one
frown.gif
) and Bearshark, all of them slowly were deleted by Nintendo video itself
...I'll hazard a guess that you being in Canada means you didn't have to host the videos for yourself because you have access to US servers right off the bat. this means that any time your 3DS is within range of a spotpass access point, Nintendo Video can update itself, hence make your videos expire. for us located outside the prescribed US regions, we are off the grid for the Nintendo Video servers. this means we potentially can keep the videos as long as we want, so long as we don't let Nintendo Video update.

i mean, i've had those same videos for more than a month without access to net, and i only lost the videos (like empty 4th slot) when i updated slots 1 to 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying