Gaming Nintendo Video Problem

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
I just downloaded the new "ESE_MD*" then tried downloading it to Nintendo Video.
Problem is... The 2nd and 4th panel of my Nintendo Video doesn't have their videos anymore.. They're just blank.
And another one is.. The videos stay the same.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@nintendoom: corrupt video. did the Nintendo Video app update the SD card when the download finished? Did the download from server to 3DS even finish? all problems with a working setup IS corrupt video. redownload it and replace the ones you're hosting. once you start downloading the videos from Nintendo to your PC, take a note of the estimated file size (your browser should be able to tell you what's the full size of your download is, aside from what's currently downloaded). as for your 2nd and 4th panel videos, they're probably pretty old vids, which means you haven't updated in a while. they expired when you updated, is what happened.

@spinalcord: I've never really had videos expire on me. The only time a slot expired on me was AFTER i downloaded a few new ones and had no new video for that slot. so i guess videos does have an expiry date, but doesn't disappear until you update/replace at least one video. i'll hazard a guess that you can keep videoes for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
OP
Trophies
XP
ferofax said:
@nintendoom: corrupt video. did the Nintendo Video app update the SD card when the download finished? Did the download from server to 3DS even finish? all problems with a working setup IS corrupt video. redownload it and replace the ones you're hosting. once you start downloading the videos from Nintendo to your PC, take a note of the estimated file size (your browser should be able to tell you what's the full size of your download is, aside from what's currently downloaded). as for your 2nd and 4th panel videos, they're probably pretty old vids, which means you haven't updated in a while. they expired when you updated, is what happened.

@spinalcord: I've never really had videos expire on me. The only time a slot expired on me was AFTER i downloaded a few new ones and had no new video for that slot. so i guess videos does have an expiry date, but doesn't disappear until you update/replace at least one video. i'll hazard a guess that you can keep videoes for as long as you want, as long as you don't update.
corrupt videos huh,..
what if I delete the folder where the videos are in my SD, then redownload it? [I just do not know what and which folders are for Nintendo Video]

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
That could potentially mess things up. If you have to delete videos, delete the app instead. But go to Data Management and delete any extra content first (they're probably the videos). Then redownload the app from eShop.

Maybe with this you can get back to loading old videos, like starting from scratch, but not so sure about it either. You can then try putting in old videos in their respective slots, just make sure you go from oldest to newest. If you upload a new video to your 3DS, you won't be able to put the old ones back for that slot.

Probably easier and safer to forget about the videos you lost and just get what's currently available for those slots you lost. Anyways if the first video downloaded fine, but the 2nd and 4th slot didn't, then you only have to replace those--they're the ones that didn't download correctly.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
ferofax said:
They expired on me....I was in Canada and activated Nintendo Video, I had the Smurfs trailer, All is Not Lost ( I liked this one
frown.gif
) and Bearshark, all of them slowly were deleted by Nintendo video itself

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
ferofax said:
They expired on me....I was in Canada and activated Nintendo Video, I had the Smurfs trailer, All is Not Lost ( I liked this one
frown.gif
) and Bearshark, all of them slowly were deleted by Nintendo video itself
...I'll hazard a guess that you being in Canada means you didn't have to host the videos for yourself because you have access to US servers right off the bat. this means that any time your 3DS is within range of a spotpass access point, Nintendo Video can update itself, hence make your videos expire. for us located outside the prescribed US regions, we are off the grid for the Nintendo Video servers. this means we potentially can keep the videos as long as we want, so long as we don't let Nintendo Video update.

i mean, i've had those same videos for more than a month without access to net, and i only lost the videos (like empty 4th slot) when i updated slots 1 to 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.