Not open for further replies.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can we start a petition for bigger phones?
160505141315-marty-cooper-cell-phone-780x439.jpg

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The petition is not going to help Nintendo at all. Nintendo isnt going to listen to the petition at all. I dont think they are going with a Switch XL compare to 3DS XL because Nintendo Switch XL would be very expensive.

Oh my gosh, few are vote for mini ? What a ugly... I am against the rumour about Mini like this:

900x.jpg
How would that be compatible with any joycons though? They clearly don't detac-ohhh I get it... You don't attacht them.

I feel a mini like that, with non-detachable joycons is a BS idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can we start a petition for bigger phones?
160505141315-marty-cooper-cell-phone-780x439.jpg
One weird piece of tech that went from big... to small... to big again...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would that be compatible with any joycons though? They clearly don't detac-ohhh I get it... You don't attacht them.

I feel a mini like that, with non-detachable joycons is a BS idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One weird piece of tech that went from big... to small... to big again...
I could get behind it, it'd make it more pocket-friendly, but I legit don't think it's possible from a hardware standpoint as technology is currently

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could get behind it, it'd make it more pocket-friendly, but I legit don't think it's possible from a hardware standpoint as technology is currently
Do you remember when the PSP Street released? No Wifi, etc.? That's how I'd see that thing. I'd want one with detachable controllers. Also, one that's dockable. That's the whole (lovely) gimmick :O I don't want just a portable switch. I also love my custom joycons:) That said, however, I am super excited to see what the next version of the Switch looks like :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember when the PSP Street released? No Wifi, etc.? That's how I'd see that thing. I'd want one with detachable controllers. Also, one that's dockable. That's the whole (lovely) gimmick :O I don't want just a portable switch. I also love my custom joycons:) That said, however, I am super excited to see what the next version of the Switch looks like :)
There's no reason a Switch Mini couldn't be dockable

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a perfect size as it is. Any smaller and battery life would be totally compromised beyond any reasonable margin. Any bigger and it would be very annoying for a handheld. That's not even touching the conversation around how joycons would fit any other sized handheld without looking/feeling janky as hell. It doesn't need to change, it's not a DS.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Switch is not 3DS, they designed it for the purpose of consolidating their markets, not for separating them further. It's already bigger than a 3DS XL, and a Switch mini isn't possible without completely different internals. Not to mention it'd be stepping on 3DS' toes. No reason they'd want to R&D that with Switch selling as well as it is.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's already pretty big... if it were any bigger it might as well be a laptop :S
Thats wrong its very small for a tablet its 6 inch its even smaller then the wii u game pad. the switch looks big on a screen but when you get one in real life you ll see how small it is it will still may even fit in your pocket.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,
Reactions: lordelan

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thats wrong its very small for a tablet its 6 inch its even smaller then the wii u game pad. the switch looks big on a screen but when you get one in real life you ll see how small it is it will still may even fit in your pocket.
The main unit (without joy cons) is a little bit bigger than a folded N3DS XL. With joy cons there's no way it's fitting in your pocket unless you've got one of those custom tablet pockets.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The main unit (without joy cons) is a little bit bigger than a folded N3DS XL. With joy cons there's no way it's fitting in your pocket unless you've got one of those custom tablet pockets.
A 7 inch tablet fits in my pocket just put the joy cons in the other pocket

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo needs a smaller, cheaper console suitable for younger players, not a bigger and more costly console for fatass pr0 gamer like we. Also stop making these petition, they are waste of time.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo needs a smaller, cheaper console suitable for younger players
They've already got that covered, N2DS XL.

Wouldn't mind an edge-to-edge display, but it's not a necessity. You'd just be stretching 720p further and it looks sharp and crisp as is.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They've already got that covered, N2DS XL.

Wouldn't mind an edge-to-edge display, but it's not a necessity. You'd just be stretching 720p further and it looks sharp and crisp as is.
Nope because the 3ds is about to be dead usum is the last pokemon game one it so it looks like the 3ds isn't getting any big games any more

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Nintendo needs a smaller, cheaper console suitable for younger players, not a bigger and more costly console for fatass pr0 gamer like we. Also stop making these petition, they are waste of time.
They have to change the dock if they were to increase/reduce the size of the switch.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My bet is 2nd gen switch will have bigger screen with edge to edge display while maintaining about similar size as 1st gen and compatible with 1st gen joy-con and the 2nd gen will come just before holiday season 2018 or Q1 2019

FJrvab5.jpg

Last edited by Kawaii,

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Remove dock at all.
2. Add a normal charger.
3. Add some TV Connection dongle or hec, even a simple cable.
4. Here i reduced the cost of console by like 50% and did not even touched the main console.

The dock is just a gimmick, just as Joycons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER