Nintendo Switch Support on next release of XLink Kai

kailogo_400x400.png

Been sitting on this news for a month or so, waiting for development to progress beyond a specific point. CrunchBite has confirmed things are 100% working now on the switch and they are just polishing off features for release! Here is the announce thread -

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45103&sid=05147e15d7d69f4f76075085306bfa09

This will mean a much more robust network for online gameplay for CFW and banned consoles. A full network like Xlink Kai is much preferred to a manual LAN patch, much more robust features.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What I mean is that if Nintendo doesn't ban people there's not much need for a Tunneling software on the 3DS...
There are other reasons to use tunneling based multiplayer though. Not all games support online multiplayer for one.
You are mixing things.
Check here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/games-with-local-lan-community-maintained-list.520893/

Promiscuous mode is one thing (PC/server/Xlink side)
LAN mode is another (Switch games side) and also there is custom module ldn_mitm.kip that makes ad-hoc regular LAN connection (works with Diablo 3 at least).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't believe they have ad-hoc connections covered.
I don't think I am, what I want would essentially be the same sort of tunneling, but with an added hardware component (the wifi card) that pretends to be a Switch and sends the traffic to the tunneling software.
I've heard of ldn_mitm.kip, but to my knowledge it's Diablo 3 specific. What I'm thinking of would be universal across all games with local adhoc wifi, which is most games. It would greatly increase the number of games that can be played online, even games that don't normally have online support.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are other reasons to use tunneling based multiplayer though. Not all games support online multiplayer for one.

I don't think I am, what I want would essentially be the same sort of tunneling, but with an added hardware component (the wifi card) that pretends to be a Switch and sends the traffic to the tunneling software.
I've heard of ldn_mitm.kip, but to my knowledge it's Diablo 3 specific. What I'm thinking of would be universal across all games with local adhoc wifi, which is most games. It would greatly increase the number of games that can be played online, even games that don't normally have online support.
If they managed to do that, I'll be happy to buy extra Wi-Fi with promiscuous mode.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I know but let's be honest, this is the main reason why people would want this kind of service, that and not pay a monthly or yearly fee to play online, but online play was free on the 3DS...

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I don't believe they have ad-hoc connections covered.

No, not currently. I'm saying that getting the build supporting games using LAN mode on the Switch (as opposed to local wireless) released to the public is currently the priority, which will be in the coming weeks.

Reactions: tiliarou

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, not currently. I'm saying that getting the build supporting games using LAN mode on the Switch (as opposed to local wireless) released to the public is currently the priority, which will be in the coming weeks.
Yeah, after months of ignoring users requests and after Switch Lan Play was released.
Better late than never.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
XLINK KAI mods crackdown on reported cheaters and then ban them from the service.. so you can cheat if you want to, but then you'll also be locked out of the only online service where you can play multiplayer on your CFW Switch.
No, it's not the only one.
They are late as there is switch LAN play already.
It's the same principle and there is no ban system there.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yeah, after months of ignoring users requests and after Switch Lan Play was released.
Better late than never.

Nobody was being ignored - the developer simply didn't want a half-baked implementation and also has a life outside of developing a free service.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody was being ignored - the developer simply didn't want a half-baked implementation and also has a life outside of developing a free service.
If nobody answers posts, chat and email people feel ignored, you know?
I was.
Anyways, I'm happy to test it as soon as it comes out.

Reactions: cvskid

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If nobody answers posts, chat and email people feel ignored, you know?
I was.
Anyways, I'm happy to test it as soon as it comes out.

no developer owes you a damn thing, so you can email, request chat and then whine like a little baby in forums as much as you like.. all that may do is make the dev think twice about releasing something to a group of entitled babies who will them spam them for help and added suggestions.

be thankful it's even coming out.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no developer owes you a damn thing, so you can email, request chat and then whine like a little baby in forums as much as you like.. all that may do is make the dev think twice about releasing something to a group of entitled babies who will them spam them for help and added suggestions.

be thankful it's even coming out.
At this moment it is you who acts like crybaby.
You are right in one thing:
No developer owes me anything ...and I never asked one. This is what administration and official communication channels are for.
Or further conversion is pointless.

After months of ignorance and using other method of connection Team Xlink finally wakes up.
Let's focus on that.
Rejoice everyone!!

Reactions: cvskid

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At this moment it is you who acts like crybaby.
You are right in one thing:
No developer owes me anything ...and I never asked one. This is what administration and official communication channels are for.
Or further conversion is pointless.

I quote.. you said just an hour earlier today:

"If nobody answers posts, chat and email people feel ignored, you know?
I was."

So not only do you show yourself to be a crybaby, but also an idiot.

After months of ignorance and using other method of connection Team Xlink finally wakes up.
Let's focus on that.
Rejoice everyone!!

Agreed.

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Better late than never.

All user requests were taken into account but demand was quite low up until two months ago, when membership fees were introduced for online play. The first announcement about support being in the works within the newly created Switch arena in Kai was around this point.

Reactions: Ra1d

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awww does this mean no more Switch-LAN-Play servers?
I dont think ive used xlink kai since Xbox Evox Dash days. Im actually kinda surprised the devs are still doing things.
:thumbsup:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Chacalon, you arent stupid