Not open for further replies.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
The original post says "playing it IN class", if someone can't see what is wrong with that then I would start being worried about how much profit do they take in going into class and about the quality of their education. If you are going in class just to play handheld videogames there better just stay home, avoid possible traffic accidents, save on fuel and be friendly to the environment. /s
yeah I reacted to this aswell! :D

also, I've only had these problems:
* left joycon a bit wonky n the reception
* hdmi audio missing sometimes (reseating the switch, made it come back)
* putting wrist straps on the wrong way on the joycons (no biggie, but IMO a design flaw which should be fixed)

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just not worth it right now, The Switch has no functionality at all, not even Netflix, the only Game worth playing is Zelda and you can get it on Wii U.
It's also over priced, I smell a price drop or bundle on Christmas and the accessories cost a fortune. It's not unheard of spending 400-500$ just to get started.

I recommend to wait till Christmas, getting anything on day one is never a good idea. There may be a ton of other problems that we don't know about
just yet.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've worked out the solution to all this!!! don't buy the pink & blue versions because they seem to only shows those you never see a grey version very much going wrong! :lol: and also they seem to be all American versions, which as we know American equipment are always cheaper made compared to the UK versions. America always seems to get the badly made electronics compared to the uk, they seem to be sub-made!

I've used my Switch several times now and none of these problems have gone wrong even to the point of the screen scratching in and out the dock and its been in and out countless times now.

Last edited by Reecey,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol funny ...
I guess every GBATemp member is at least a tiny little bit nintendo fanboy but still there is a big gap

Some people here despite of beeing Nintendo Fan actually see these kinds of Videos and think "damn so many possible errors already" and might not buy right now while
the other SupermegaNintendoFanboys watch the Video and think "damn so many faked errors and people that are much less intelligent as me" and either have the system already or plan to buy soon (or even if not, defend it like their lifes would be at stake)

Not sure who to trust but I doubt that all those errors are just some people mocking the console or beeing stupid as hell
especially as Nintendo made the thing for Children as well as for Adults it should be easy enough to handle without "destroying" it because of pressing the wrong button.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol funny ...
I guess every GBATemp member is at least a tiny little bit nintendo fanboy but still there is a big gap

Some people here despite of beeing Nintendo Fan actually see these kinds of Videos and think "damn so many possible errors already" and might not buy right now while
the other SupermegaNintendoFanboys watch the Video and think "damn so many faked errors and people that are much less intelligent as me" and either have the system already or plan to buy soon (or even if not, defend it like their lifes would be at stake)

Not sure who to trust but I doubt that all those errors are just some people mocking the console or beeing stupid as hell
especially as Nintendo made the thing for Children as well as for Adults it should be easy enough to handle without "destroying" it because of pressing the wrong button.
I will give you a good example. In the video the guy with the grey version, mentions his controllers are wobbly, the reason being this he has not slid the controllers up properly to connect to the side of the device. I have the grey version and they are solid trust me and don't wobble one bit like in the video at all! Alot of these complaints are over reacted imaginations, cannot use the damn thing correctly and most issues in the video are caused by them probably constantly shaking the damn thing to death to make the device fail in game or in the OS, just so to make a stupid you tube video and cause a fuss.. for a 3 minute fame, "Oh look, my brand new Switch is broken, take note world!!!!"

Last edited by Reecey,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will give you a good example. In the video the guy with the grey version, mentions his controllers are wobbly, the reason being this he has not slid the controllers up properly to connect to the side of the device. I have the grey version and they are solid trust me and don't wobble one bit like in the video at all! Alot of these complaints are over reacted imaginations, cannot use the damn thing correctly and most issues in the video are caused by them probably constantly shaking the damn thing to death to make the device fail in game or in the OS, just so to make a stupid you tube video and cause a fuss.. for a 3 minute fame, "Oh, my brand new Switch is broken, look everyone!!!!"

Than again it was made to be used by children as well ... do you believe they will allways hold it properly in their hands ?
I have seen one vid where the guy said he dropped the Switch (chances for this to happen when used by a child is very high) and afterwards the joycons were more than wobbly and you could get them off without pressing the button !
They even said it does not look like something was broken off but more like it was "used" like when sliding it in and out a lot of times rubbing off some of that plastic thus making it not hold very good anymore.

plus if they shake it it is probably the same as if you use it a few weeks just way faster ... so probably after using it a lot of times yours will get the same problems ;)
chances are high.

Last edited by Youkai,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've worked out the solution to all this!!! don't buy the pink & blue versions because they seem to only shows those you never see a grey version very much going wrong! :lol: and also they seem to be all American versions, which as we know American equipment are always cheaper made compared to the UK versions. America always seems to get the badly made electronics compared to the uk, they seem to be sub-made!

I've used my Switch several times now and none of these problems have gone wrong even to the point of the screen scratching in and out the dock and its been in and out countless times now.
Switch is region free

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to consider myself a avid Nintendo fan, not anymore. I consider myself a Zelda & Metroid fan and hope I can emulate the two games they still offer I consider must haves in the future.

I'm not a child and the growing contempt for Nintendo is warranted, where in the past they were rather virtuous in there treatment of customers.

3 Generations of consoles now with old under powered hardware leading to game droughts.
  • Game droughts.
  • obvious Design Flaws.
They haven't done anything or have failed to attract any major third party support since the Wii's early years, they could of easily gave us some 3DS ports like link between worlds to ease the droughts and chose not to. Each new system they release keeps having a glaring design omission, (3DS second stick).

In the past Nintendo stayed above the fray, but they decided to wallow in the exploitative gutter while failing to deliver. One magical world changing title every 5+ years doesn't warrant a hardware purchase in 2017.

I'd ask any Switch Buyer why? No Wii-U for BOTW?

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: Zeriel

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Switch is region free
Yes the console is region free but the Switch itself will be made in the UK for the uk retailers and made in America for the us. It all depends on how well its been put together in the workshops ;) It doesn't mean because its region free they make them all in one warehouse and ship them worldwide from that same place, they are made mostly in each major country and shipped direct from there. You will have Nintendo America as well as Nintendo Europe etc..

Last edited by Reecey,

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've been using mine in both handheld and TV modes and the only problem I had was the syncing issue, which I fixed by just repairing the controller. Otherwise no glitches at all.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm usually not an early adopter, and for this very reason. The launch library is weak, key software features missing, hardware design flaws, etc. It's always best to just wait it out a bit.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the console is region free but the Switch itself will be made in the UK for the uk retailers and made in America for the us. It all depends on how well its been put together in the workshops ;) It doesn't mean because its region free they make them all in one warehouse and ship them worldwide from that same place, they are made mostly in each major country and shipped direct from there. You will have Nintendo America as well as Nintendo Europe etc..

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you are serious, but on the off chance you are serious:

It's more likely that all switches were made in China.

Unless you have a picture where it states your switch (Presuming UK) was "Made In The UK" or some other proof, and even then on the off chance that it does state "Made in the UK" (Which I highly doubt but for the sake of debate) or something similar the parts were still made in China and just assembled in the UK. If the parts/switch as a whole was made in every specific region for that region you'd be paying more than $300 USD (or your equivalent pricing) to cover the heightened manufacturing cost.

Last edited by NightsEkim,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you are serious, but on the off chance you are serious:

It's more likely that all switches were made in China.

Unless you have a picture where it states your switch (Presuming UK) was "Made In The UK" or some other proof, and even then on the off chance that it does state "Made in the UK" (Which I highly doubt but for the sake of debate) or something similar the parts were still made in China and just assembled in the UK. If the parts/switch as a whole was made in every specific region for that region you'd be paying more than $300 USD (or your equivalent pricing) to cover the heightened manufacturing cost.
I was actually trying to be serious. I think you will find each console is built within the region its being sold, boxed and sent there. I don't think you will find there all manufactured in china and shipped over to each country on release? Its the same as memory cards etc.,. agreed the Headquarters of the Company is located in China but you will find if you buy a memory card for example from a uk retailer on the back of the box, it will say manufactured in the uk or normally Ireland Dublin is a big favorite for the uk like many other electronic goods, TV, Laptops etc.. and I presume the Switch is no different.

Last edited by Reecey,

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually trying to be serious. I think you will find each console is built within the region its being sold, boxed and sent there. I don't think you will find there all manufactured in china and shipped over to each country on release? Its the same as memory cards etc.,. agreed the Headquarters of the Company is located in China but you will find if you buy a memory card for example from a uk retailer on the back of the box, it will say manufactured in the uk or normally Ireland Dublin is a big favorite for the uk like many other electronic goods, TV, Laptops etc.. and I presume the Switch is no different.

From all of the information I can find, the switch is made in china regardless of region, Though I don't have my hands on one personally, nor does it seem like you do (If you did you would have mentioned it says "Made in the UK" on yours, so I cannot verify, but I HIGHLY doubt that they were made in the region for the region, as I said before if it was like this, everyone would be paying more for the switch. Labor in China is dirt cheap and that savings can be passed along to the customer to make the product more appealing because of price point and easier to buy because of price point. Until you (or someone else for that matter) can prove otherwise given the resources available (meaning find something I haven't found on google which all points to China being where the switch is made, or having one in hand, pulling it apart and tracing chip and component back to where it was manufactured) I'm going to believe that all switches were made in China.

Last edited by NightsEkim,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0144.JPG
This is just stupid. They are made in China, Period. Potato chips and bread are made regionally.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be incredibly expensive. No company does that for consumer electronics.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and he somehow thinks Nintendo is a Chinese company. Face palm.

Really good drugs is the only explaination for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1