Hardware Nintendo Switch painful launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to consider myself a avid Nintendo fan, not anymore. I consider myself a Zelda & Metroid fan and hope I can emulate the two games they still offer I consider must haves in the future.

I'm not a child and the growing contempt for Nintendo is warranted, where in the past they were rather virtuous in there treatment of customers.

3 Generations of consoles now with old under powered hardware leading to game droughts.
  • Game droughts.
  • obvious Design Flaws.
They haven't done anything or have failed to attract any major third party support since the Wii's early years, they could of easily gave us some 3DS ports like link between worlds to ease the droughts and chose not to. Each new system they release keeps having a glaring design omission, (3DS second stick).

In the past Nintendo stayed above the fray, but they decided to wallow in the exploitative gutter while failing to deliver. One magical world changing title every 5+ years doesn't warrant a hardware purchase in 2017.

I'd ask any Switch Buyer why? No Wii-U for BOTW?

I'm 100% with you on this, I mostly play Nintendo games. I've owned every console except the Game cube and still have my Wii U and 3DS and my fav games are obviously Splatoon and Zelda.

I also have to add my disappointment on how greedy Nintendo has become, it seems they want to emulate Apple as much as possible. Expensive accessories that are mostly plastic or special interface
that you need because they made it that way (The Switch Dock) is like they create problems in design and then offer you the solution with a new accessory. They also lock down the system so you can't
remove the battery and you have to send it to them for repairs. They charge 50$ for a tech demo that I wouldn't even like as a free bundle. They also charge for online for no reason at all because they
don't even have something as simple as Voice chat on the console, Bluetooth headsets and friends without the dreaded friend codes. So why am I paying exactly? to use an app on my phone to chat
when the phone is full of FREE apps? to get a better online experience with 2 games that actually support online? or is it to get that one free NES ROM that they take away at the end of the month? Gee thanks Nintendo.

Is this arrogance and short slightness and GREED that's making me hate Nintendo more and more every day. They don't care to learn from past mistakes they just want to make more money. The Switch right now
doesn't appeal to me at all besides Zelda and I can get it for my Wii U. When Splatoon 2 comes out I would be there day one but I did the math and Splatoon with a Switch and Pro controller, Micro SD and Taxes
are over 500$ for me. I can't afford that.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm just so disappointed...

Last edited by Zeriel,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this arrogance and short slightness and GREED that's making me hate Nintendo more and more every day. They don't care to learn from past mistakes they just want to make more money. The Switch right now doesn't appeal to me at all besides Zelda and I can get it for my Wii U. When Splatoon 2 comes out I would be there day one but I did the math and Splatoon with a Switch and Pro controller, Micro SD and Taxes
are over 500$ for me. I can't afford that.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm just so disappointed...

Nintendo has every right to be greedy and turn a profit, the problem is they are offering a poor value and failing to deliver.

It's an open secret Sony & M$ Subsidize and pay for third party exclusives, Nintendo should cough up too or at the very least offer competitive hardware to attract the necessary developers.

You know what would convince me about switch?

GTA5, Final Fantasy 15, Street Fighter 5, ME: Andromeda, Middle earth Shadows, Fallout 4 etc.

There is nothing in the pipe announced to convince me it is not Wii latter years/WiiU game drought all over again with a handful of last gen games finally getting a port.

Nintendo is not being a player at the big boy table and I am not buying their hardware again at similar price for inferior game selection. They are doing nothing to entice third party support, either offer competive hardware capable of running the games or subsidize the ports. They are doing neither and are to tight fisted to at least offer 3DS on the Eshop.

I probably will buy a switch, in 3-5 years at a discount once they have a new Zelda or Metroid title.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well,
a friend bought the switch and...... it runs absolute fine. no problems. no scratchings and he put the switch 3 or 4 times a day in the dock and put it out again.
I decided for me: I will definitly wait for a) new Switch like the 3DS Systems or b) release of good Games (like Monster Hunter Switch - that would be awesome).
But as a Wii u Owner I can only say positive stuff about the switch. but the video showed is really strange. Crazy erros...

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has every right to be greedy and turn a profit, the problem is they are offering a poor value and failing to deliver.

It's an open secret Sony & M$ Subsidize and pay for third party exclusives, Nintendo should cough up too or at the very least offer competitive hardware to attract the necessary developers.

You know what would convince me about switch?

GTA5, Final Fantasy 15, Street Fighter 5, ME: Andromeda, Middle earth Shadows, Fallout 4 etc.

There is nothing in the pipe announced to convince me it is not Wii latter years/WiiU game drought all over again with a handful of last gen games finally getting a port.

Nintendo is not being a player at the big boy table and I am not buying their hardware again at similar price for inferior game selection. They are doing nothing to entice third party support, either offer competive hardware capable of running the games or subsidize the ports. They are doing neither and are to tight fisted to at least offer 3DS on the Eshop.

I probably will buy a switch, in 3-5 years at a discount once they have a new Zelda or Metroid title.

Again, I agree but there's being greedy and then there's charging 90$ for a plastic dock with an HDMi and USB connector(s), and should they be doing this? Usually
companies get greedy when they have no competition or their product is so superior that you're paying for the privilege of having the best of the best! but the Switch
is neither of these.

You could get right now a PS4 with much more superior hardware, Blueray player and Uncharted 4 for 260$, LESS than the Switch alone!
That's just blows my mind, it's like Nintendo is living in another world, they also pretend for 3rd parties to come to them and somehow
fit their massive games on the Switch's meager specs and then pay Royalties to Nintendo! when the PS4 has a 53-54mil Install base! :wtf:

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, and he somehow thinks Nintendo is a Chinese company. Face palm.

Really good drugs is the only explaination for this.
Nah, it's made in China where electronic are really dirt cheap, like how Apple is selling iphone in the west and charge a premium price. However, a phone with Switch's spec in China is around 250 bucks.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is people calling this shit out as fake are idiots,

Most of these are hardware issues,
The joycons desync from minor range (the most common) Which is funny AF Considering you are meant yo use your mobile phone as a headset
amsWkvN.jpg

Vinyl Killing the switches coating
Cartridges not reading
UI Errors
Graphical Errors

Manufacturing problems which are frankly really poor design.
The clips for the joycon can slide on the wrong way and lock in really tight (cmon nintendo its dumb af and also kids will do this)
The Dock scratches the Tablets screen
The joycons are not secure on the tablet

Oh and if you need to return the console rip saves as they cant be backed up

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Up to now my statistics based on real costumers from gbatemp tell minor problems like joycon desynching and hdmi audio are not so common and serious problems like crashes and screen artifacts are rare to non existent.
That said sure some new revision will deal with minor problems.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the money saved up, ready to buy the Switch and Zelda but this video make me wonder if I should buy it now or wait...

Does this stuff really happen? Is the Switch really that buggy and glitchy?

wait so the video that was played showing breath of the wild did that crash actually happen?

fout21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a few of those issues and more.. my Switch crashes today for the first time! My biggest concern is the Dock and the fact that my Joy-con don't work. I simply can't play while it's docked. I love the machine, but the problems have to be solved. If I didn't purchased Zelda digitally, I'm not sure if I would've returned it.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even mind the production flaws, it always happens with first runs. What I don't like are the design flaws like non removable battery, crappy under 3 hours battery life for Zelda,
very slow or impossible to charge while you play, the position of the power cable on the bottom that doesn't let you charge while in table top mode, the Dock that scratches the screen,
the impossibility of bluetooth headsets, the paid online, the under clocked CPU that stutters with Zelda at 900p and often dips into the 20FPS (A Wii U Game) etc. etc. I could go on all day!!!!!! :(

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't even mind the production flaws, it always happens with first runs. What I don't like are the design flaws like non removable battery, crappy under 3 hours battery life for Zelda,
very slow or impossible to charge while you play, the position of the power cable on the bottom that doesn't let you charge while in table top mode, the Dock that scratches the screen,
the impossibility of bluetooth headsets, the paid online, the under clocked CPU that stutters with Zelda at 900p (A Wii U Game) etc. etc. I could go on all day!!!!!! :(
Well you could always return it and "go buy a real console".
Or maybe you can just wait for NEW SWITCH PLUS ALPHA CHAMPIONSHIP TURBO EDITION XL LITE 3D & KNUCKLES BUNDLE WITH 1-2 SWITCH FINALLY INCLUDED!

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Why are you hating on Nintendo that much every console has problems on launch and after launch
like PS4 the shit console that doesnt see my dualshock 4 for no reason at all
and to repair it i need to pay 900 turkish liras and there is a list of all the
problems it had on launch on a beautiful thing called the internet.
So wait and be patient you impatient.. bias i guess

Last edited by ScienceBETCH,

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
It's not tempers;
It's bias.
ok let me fix that
EDIT:Fixed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also nintendo isnt the only company that makes "New" versions or sony's so called "Slim" and "Pro" versions of their consoles
I bought the normal playstation 4 when it was the only model and guess what?
My PS4 broke itself and a "Slim" version came out with somewhat better hardware than the actual thing

and also atleast nintendo doesnt make accesories that are more expensive than the console itself

oh and also an extra
to repair my playstation 4 i need to pay 900 turkish liras (i think) and guess what?
the playstation 4 slim costs 1300 turkish liras

Last edited by ScienceBETCH,
Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end