Nintendo Switch Online adds four new classic games this month

There's new additions to the Nintendo Switch Online library available to play. The month of March sees four new games added, ranging from the NES, SNES, and Game Boy. Xevious is a shmup for the NES, there's puzzle antics in BurgerTime Deluxe for the original Game Boy, and Side Pocket is a SNES billiards experience, while the well-known Kirby's Dream Land 2 headlines the selection of titles.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im only after 2 games and i doubt they will ever be added.
Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES.
Blackthorne on GBA.
Why on SNES? I dunno if Android can be built for OLED yet, but if you have an Erista and an SD setup for Android, just use mame4droid and play the arcade version. Arcade versions are usually far superior. TBH, I haven't tried this so I'm unsure of performance. I did sideload it to my Quest 2 though.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's new additions to the Nintendo Switch Online library available to play. The month of March sees four new games added, ranging from the NES, SNES, and Game Boy. Xevious is a shmup for the NES, there's puzzle antics in BurgerTime Deluxe for the original Game Boy, and Side Pocket is a SNES billiards experience, while the well-known Kirby's Dream Land 2 headlines the selection of titles.

I personally enjoy all these games.

Volttekka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im only after 2 games and i doubt they will ever be added.
Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES.
Blackthorne on GBA.
Not really related to the thread topic, but a quick google search says that Blackthorne is part of the Blizzard Arcade Collection, which is already available on Switch, so I doubt that they'd allow any version of it to be given away for free on the NSO library

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yet again, more old recycled crap from the past that you could get for free.

Amazes me how nintendo gets away with this bollocks, if it was anyone else then the famboys would instantly jump on the bandwagon and slate that this is all you get for a PREMIUM subscription service.....

Its pathetic, just proves how cheap nintendo are, its an embarrassment that this is all they offer you.

How about you dig into those pockets nintendo and start rewarding gamers some recent titles from the switch to play, but saying that, there isn't that much actual new titles on the switch either, all old ported games and even nintendo themselves couldn't be arsed and ported all of its old shit. Though there is little difference really in nintendo games, same shit recycled over and over.

But we know how tight those nintendo pockets are, so maybe we just have to wait for the fanboys to actually wake up and see sense.

Nintendo do not need to make consoles anymore, its just bullshit for them to keep making millions while ripping everyone off releasing the same shit and old crap.

And if you are desperate to play nintendos "next gen" recycled shit, its funny, you won't have to wait long as nintendo consoles magically seem to be easiest and first to get fully working emulators.... and I wonder why that is?

So waste money investing in another paper weight that will end up collecting dust like nintendo consoles before it.

Or save money and emulate the very rare one or two games that are actually worth buying, and by saying that...... there's litrally fuck all on the switch that I have actually found worthy of buying or even emulating.

I mean, I did get a few games with my switch when it came out, like BOTW which was an epic sack of shit, I guess I own 2x copies of Mario 3d all stars - knowing that with nintendo only pressing a limited run of the game then removing it from its eshop is only going to go up in value in years to come.

But I guess the fans are brainwashed and to blame as the sheep all scream for Twilight Princess ported and Wind Waker...... no, lets stop nintendo porting all of its old shit we already own.

We want something new, the only shit that's considered new is the shit tone load of shit indy games.

And this is Nintendo's promise of better third part support?
dude, who hurt you?

• Haha
Reactions: mightymuffy

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why on SNES? I dunno if Android can be built for OLED yet, but if you have an Erista and an SD setup for Android, just use mame4droid and play the arcade version. Arcade versions are usually far superior. TBH, I haven't tried this so I'm unsure of performance. I did sideload it to my Quest 2 though.

Emulation on Andriod is far superior to the official emulators on switch and also retroarch.

Reactions: urherenow

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They call this an service? Is it year 1960 or what?

Nintendo just freaks me out....... and the funny thing is that when the successor of Switch arrives some they, they would just abandon the games and this service they did for Switch, mark my damn words.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
Four new games. Four. New. Games. Four. An addition of four games. Four "Classic" Nintendo games. Four. Games. Nintendo. Classic. Four. There are four. They're new. Games. On Switch Online.

Yeah, that's about how much content Nintendo added to their online services just now.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting on Nintendo to add Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars in SNES app.

Oh wait, I just play in Retroarch and not going to wait on Nintendo.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What an exciting game selection ! :glare:

Let's remember better times when Nintendo cared and actually put some effort into updating their old games, like Donkey Kong 94, Super Mario Bros DX or the Super Mario Advance series...
Super Mario Advance ? Those games are already available on NES online and SNES online wtf

• Haha
Reactions: Ligeia

bibliomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it possible to hide the player one logo in the upper left corner of the various Switch online apps?
With a modded Switch you can. Download the mods from darkakuma's site http://darkakuma.z-net.us/p/cave-database-manager.html#mods for your respective NSO. Then create a folder with the titleID of the NSO in sdcard:/atmosphere/contents (you can find the titleID online) and place the mod into that titleID folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O