Nintendo Switch firmware version 17.0.0 released

dsadslap.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware has arrived. System software version 17.0.0 is now available to download. According to the official patch notes, there's not much of substance to the update, despite its new milestone version number; it's simply the traditional stability updates. It does, however, patch Atmosphere, with the CFW not working on the latest OFW. SciresM is currently working on support for 17.0.0, though a new update may be slightly delayed.

:arrow: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just your typical fuck with atmos update they think they are clever but atmos will just bypass it as usual. their security is pathetic but what did you expect from a tablet?!

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Does Nintendo not have the SLIGHTEST idea of how semantic versioning works? https://semver.org/

This is the fourth or fifth "major" firmware update that has added nothing except some AMS-breaking stuff and a revision of the banned word list. The DSi never got a v2.0 patch, the Switch is going to be on FW 34.0.0 before they release the last update.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does Nintendo not have the SLIGHTEST idea of how semantic versioning works? https://semver.org/

This is the fourth or fifth "major" firmware update that has added nothing except some AMS-breaking stuff and a revision of the banned word list. The DSi never got a v2.0 patch, the Switch is going to be on FW 34.0.0 before they release the last update.
do you? the datamine linked here isnt complete

Last edited by ut2k4master,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody mentioned this, but any new master keys with this new firmware? It would be logical, seeing as it's bumped to 17 now. With official Lockpick gone, it's going to be interesting to see how those new keys (if any) are obtained.

Reactions: Nephiel

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Catboy continuing its long standing tradition for having the most boring and pointless jokes possible
My post isn’t a joke though, Nintendo hasn’t produced an interesting update since adding themes to the 3DS. They’ve been increasing the version numbers with literally nothing new or interesting added.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I fucking hate switch updates. I only have an xkw switch, so I need a modchip, which will be harder to put in the switch if I have it because I have to solder it. 17.0.0 for the switch is just like 11.17 for the 3DS.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who actually thinks we would get a meaningful update for the Switch in 2023 is deluded.

We are never getting themes. Nintendo can't make a way to give us them without them being used as an exploit to rip the console apart like the 3DS did.

Updates now are going to be just this, AMS-blocking and bad-word list.

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo continuing their long standing tradition for having the most boring and pointless updates possible
This is why I fucking hate switch updates. I only have an xkw switch, so I need a modchip, which will be harder to put in the switch if I have it because I have to solder it. 17.0.0 for the switch is just like 11.17 for the 3DS.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Legitendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My post isn’t a joke though, Nintendo hasn’t produced an interesting update since adding themes to the 3DS. They’ve been increasing the version numbers with literally nothing new or interesting added.

You forgot the groups feature of the Switch. Because it's a bit buried, probably.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
- it's a big update but under the hood.

Also, this time we need new keys for emulators with new games since it's a new SDK.

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't come out saying that they are at war with GBATemp.
Then their updates would probably make a little bit more sense to most people.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You forgot the groups feature of the Switch. Because it's a bit buried, probably.
I forgot it because I am pretty sure everyone used it once and then forgot it. I literally accidentally opened a group the other day and was like, “Yoooo, I forgot this!” Then never used it again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory