Hardware Nintendo Switch Doesn't Support WPA-2 Enterprise

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But this would be easy to fix on the software side. You only need to forward the browser to the right URL. So this should be reported to Nintendo.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fairly obvious that most people responding to this thread have no idea what WPA2 Enterprise is.

WPA2 Enterprise allows for a login using a username and password. This is done in the Wi-Fi stack itself, not on a webpage. Unlike a captive login on e.g. a hotspot, which usually has all Wi-Fi encryption turned off, it's actually secure, since it negotiates an encryption key when logging in.

Unfortunately, since barely anyone uses it on a home network, Nintendo decided not to support it. (Switch doesn't support it, nor do any earlier Nintendo consoles or handhelds.)

Oh my these Nintendo fangirls. Seriously stop trying to get around Nintendo's Ls. The switch is flawed in almost every direction & this plague will only grow because you fangirls are fangirls are not speaking up about but rather making excuses.

Neither the PS4 nor the Appbox One support WPA2 Enterprise. (Appbox One not supporting it is rather amusing, since Windows 10 supports it, and Microsoft claims "Windows is Windows".)

Last edited by GerbilSoft,
Reactions: DrkBeam and pelago

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only hope is getting an old router with DD-wrt and repeating the signal with another security type. It does work wonders honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: