Hacking Nintendo is hacked, What is their reply?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean the Wii U Hack ofcourse. :)

Wii U is hacked, Nintendo will respond with a system update.
Along with checks on every incoming console that needs servicing if they have been modified.
Along with the detection of said hacks/modifications and banishment from the online services.

Same goes for every console.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they care so much. The wii u is pretty much dead now. They all focusing on the nx. Nintendo maby even happy because now more people (5-10 people ) buy the console because it is hacked. For me personally this is my favorite console . Virtual console games, gamecube games,wii games, wii u games and all of this for free!!!! Ps4 and xbone besides pretty graphics have nothing.
So a game console is only good if you can get free stuff from it?

Well then...

Reactions: CJB100

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii U was/is a failure anyway and no more games are planned for it (I imagine even zelda will skip it in favor of NX). So Nintendo isn't going to spend energy and money to fix it.

Besides, piracy at this stage is beneficial for the Wii U because more consoles will be sold (and probably more games too). You know there are some segment of people who only buy hackable consoles...

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They kind of respond / reference to it being hacked.

Not like the change log, but the disclaimer for updates says things like unauthorized access or whatever. And to prevent things and stuff they kind of mention it. The whole "we'll update your console no matter what, deal with it" update was a kind of response.

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear consumers,
Since we have sweet f. all games coming out for the next 8 months, you are free to hack and modify the wii and wii u consoles as you see fit. We will not come after you because, let's face it, at least your consoles are not collecting dust.
Prease understand.
Regards,
Nintendo Corp.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
they'll say the same thing as they did with the wii, wiiu/3ds isn't made of hard/software, it's a magic box, you can't hack a magic box, also you should not try to use it in a way it wasn't supposed to. xD

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
We just need a FreeShop type of thing for the Wii U, and it's Game Over for Nintendo. :P (I'd love a digital copy of Splatoon without paying for it, to save my Splatoon disc I purchased from wear and tear.)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course they're gonna patch it. They're not letting Breath of the Wild, which is extremely anticipated, be released on a system where playing a downloaded game couldn't be simpler. You literally just need an SD card and a connection and you can go wild with games. They'll patch it, they're just being slow.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Thread has devolved. Question has been answered numerous times now. Under these circumstances...

RED HOT NINTENDO ADVERT LEAK. (Heard GBA Temp comments acted as a focus group of sorts for this one).

wSAm7Z2.jpg

Fwiw. I like my Wii U and totally appreciate the homebrew that has been made for it. But, how on Earth some of you think these types of things are a good selling point? It's really weird to me. xD

Last edited by Baphomet,

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Of course they're gonna patch it. They're not letting Breath of the Wild, which is extremely anticipated, be released on a system where playing a downloaded game couldn't be simpler. You literally just need an SD card and a connection and you can go wild with games. They'll patch it, they're just being slow.
BotW is a 2017 title though, they are stoping Wii U production in december 2016, I doubt they care when the NX is around the corner.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
BotW is a 2017 title though, they are stoping Wii U production in december 2016, I doubt they care when the NX is around the corner.
Despite the Wii U having a rather tiny user base, the NX isn't gonna get even close to the Wii U user base when BotW is released. They'll patch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://youtu.be/4urnwg_PhMs?feature=shared&t=35