Nintendo Indie World Showcase roundup - May 11, 2022

Nintendo has just finished their latest Indie World Showcase, demonstrating a variety of new games from smaller partners from across the globe. A brief rundown of the announcements can be found below:

First up is Ooblets, a creature collection and farming sim game currently available through early access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview. Players can run a farm, grow "otherworldly creatures," and sell them in town or have them compete in dance-offs. Expected to launch on Nintendo Switch this Summer. More information available on their website.

Next is Batora: Lost Haven, an action RPG coming from StormMind Games. The game is narrative-driven and will have a focus on action and puzzles. Moral choice will play a large role. Coming to Nintendo Switch this Fall. Also expected to release on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox, presumably at the same time.

The next game is from NamaTakahashi, a solo Japanese developer. His game, ElecHead, is a puzzler released on Steam, GOG and itch.io last October, and will be coming to Nintendo Switch this Summer. Players control Elec, a small robot who charges any surface he touches, activating moving platforms and deadly traps. ElecHead reviewed well upon its release last year, with an 84 on Metacritic and "very positive" Steam reviews.

The next game is a co-op, rhythm-based, dungeon crawling looter shooter called Soundfall. Has an anime artstyle, and options for local or online co-op. Has 5 different playable characters, and over 140 songs to choose from. Releases today. Also released today on Steam and Epic Games Store.

Wildfrost is a roguelike, tactical deck-builder. Releases this Holiday season. Also coming to Steam.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator is meant to remind you of playing with your action figures as a kid. It is a tactical battle game where you lead armies of over 100, comprised of wobbly figures that resemble simple toys. Also includes competitive online multiplayer. Available this Summer on Switch. Released on Steam in April 2021 to "overwhelmingly positive" reviews, and was reportedly the best-reviewed Steam game of 2021.

Next game is a pixel art, noir-punk side-scrolling shooter called Gunbrella, published by Devolver Digital. Coming to Switch and PC in 2023.

We Are OFK is up next. A music biopic and interactive EP fromindie-pop band OFK, coming to Switch, PlayStation and PC this Summer. Will release weekly episodes and interactive music videos.

Silt is a hand-drawn exploration game set in the deep ocean. Players can possess sea creatures to solve puzzles. Has a gloomy, monochromatic art style reminiscent of Limbo. Launches in June. Also coming to Steam.

Mini Motorways is a puzzle game where players can redraw and alter city roads to clear traffic jams. Maps are inspired by real-world cities. Comes to Switch today. Already released on Steam in July 2021 to overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Wayward Strand is a "heartfelt, narrative adventure" set in 1970s rural Australia. Players can explore the hospital and get to know each patient, with each story playing out in a real-time simultaneously. Releases July 21 for Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam.

Cult of the Lamb takes place in a randomly populated world. Players play as a "possessed lamb" who has been saved from a ritual sacrifice and must pay back their mystery benefactor by recruiting other woodland creatures to join their cult, collecting resources to build structures, and dungeon crawling. Coming to Steam, Switch and PlayStation sometime in 2022.

Another Crab's Treasure is a Soulslike starring a crab who uses scavenged items to replace his shell, each with different stats and abilities. Coming to Steam and Switch in 2023.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reminding me about ElecHead, somehow missed that it's been available on Steam for a while now. Already have Cult of the Lamb on my wish list too, Devolver games are rarely a miss.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games from the sizzle reel at the end, shamelessly yoinked from nintendolife's coverage:

OneShot: World Machine Edition. Gibbon: Beyond the Trees out today!
Idol Manager. Card Shark, demo later today!
Cursed to Golf, A Guidebook of Babel
OPUS: Echo of Starsong is out today!

Ooblets IDK but my wife wants it. Elechead could be my jam. Soundfall is a maybe, Gunbrella possibly, OFK maybe, Silt maybe. Mini Motorways I'm likely to try as I enjoyed Mini Metro. Wayward Strand, Cult of the Lamb, Another Crab's Treasure, more maybes.

I'll probably try the Gibbon game, you never usually get to play as a gibbon, so why not.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: Henx

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Crab Souls™ was pretty amusing.
Gunbrella looks dope but won't be relevant until next year.
Watching the rest felt like a colossal waste of time.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Japanese showcase also showed a game called Undying which looks like it could be interesting. Here's a trailer in English rather than the Japanese one from the stream, it will be coming out in the west too ("2022")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: