Nintendo Fusion (RUMOR)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it beats current Sony/MS while Sony/MS will double Nintendo's next systems. Nintendo should plan a system and then antcipate the market trends with the idea in their mind, "We plan 3 cores, Sony/MS will go 6. We want 6, and should secretly go 12." Seriously, Whatever Nintendo does, the others will double it.

I don't see Nintendo ever being on par with specs. Not their lifetime pattern. They look to double/triple their previous systems for home consoles and that is it. Just random thoughts. I defer to Maxternal usually 99% of the time. Always interesting to see these threads though. The bigger question for Nintendo is on identity. Do they want to go after multi plats?
They don't want to license games to other devices so maybe they get into the mobile market. Not full out 4g, maybe, but what about a 3ds successor with everything mobiles can do? Odd thought.

My gut says the concept of using fusion units as controllers on home systems is great. Go to a friend's house and go at it. Take it with you. Mobile to mobile gaming, backward compatibility with Wii and Wii U peripherals makes sense. Buying new controllers with each system for $50/ each is obnoxious. I buy every home Nintendo system going back to the NES. I've mixed in 360 last cycle for fps/sports. It would be nice to have one system for a change. Anyone else think Nintendo will switch things up?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My gut says the concept of using fusion units as controllers on home systems is great. Go to a friend's house and go at it. Take it with you. Mobile to mobile gaming, backward compatibility with Wii and Wii U peripherals makes sense. Buying new controllers with each system for $50/ each is obnoxious. I buy every home Nintendo system going back to the NES. I've mixed in 360 last cycle for fps/sports. It would be nice to have one system for a change. Anyone else think Nintendo will switch things up?

Not going into the other matters, but the last line is something of speculation. Nintendo has lately had a problem with a single, but large thing: third party support. This is something that Nintendo can't fix just by themselves. Otherwise the WiiU would be thriving. I'm a perfect example of this trend. I've got a PS3/360 (and why not add my PS4) for most of my gaming needs and only use the Wii for first party titles. I'm not interested in CoD for the Wii (or the WiiU for that matter due to the control scheme). I'm interested in only the first party titles like NSMB and SSB. Don't get me wrong, the other titles aren't bad. They're just a lot worse than the other options and game libraries (this include Sony's/Microsoft's first party devs as well as their third party/second party devs).

Reactions: Ray Lewis
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Come on.... out of all the places I have seen this rumor I would have least expected it here.

First off, this rumor started on some random unknown made with wordpress fansite. Secondly, the hardware and features do not match Nintendo's business strategy. Thirdly, the chosen hardware seems like it is randomly slapped together without considering bottlenecks (be it price, be it performance). Lastly, Nintendo doesn't have licenses for most tech (i.e. 3G which out of all will cost the most). So together with all the high-end tech, these machines would simply costs too much for their target audience. No sane person will drop introductory prices of €1.000,- when Nintendo launches their console.

This is just some random Nintendo fanboy's wishlist. I find it disappointing how there are still people who see news value/truth in this.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*voluntarily throws more wood on the fire*
http://www.totalvideogames.com/Nint...e-Nintendo039s-Storage-Space-Blues-13031.html
*and then sits back to watch it burn*

Seriously, though, I can KINDA see where this portion of the rumored specs came from ... but this is NOT technology that would be applicable to SDHC cards.

Another thing is, SD cards with the storage capacity they listed, should be referenced as SDXC, not SDHC. Anything below 64GB is SDHC and up to 2TB is SDXC.

Reactions: Maxternal

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing is, SD cards with the storage capacity they listed, should be referenced as SDXC, not SDHC. Anything below 64GB is SDHC and up to 2TB is SDXC.
I agree 100% with your last two post. I agree 100% with Maxternal on everything, lol. Just fun speculation though and 99% chance of a ruse. Lmfao, maybe "Four horsemen" started this, right Max?

D

Deleted User

"16gb internal memory"
"holographic enhanced card slot"
*closes tab*

do you guys realize this is just an updated version of the rumor that was around when the wiiu was close to being revealed?
there was even a talk that the 3ds and wii u development team were working together, and as a result the player could even use the 3ds as a substitute for the gamepad
I don't remember the whole rumor, but this was the main part anyway

also, now would not be a good time for Nintendo to announce a new console, families who bought it for christmas will feel betrayed

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Not like it matters but SDXC is a crappy choice of memory format when it hasn't fully replaced SDHC, not to mention it's size restrictions are limited to 128GB at most because that is what is available and those cards aren't cheap compared to a SSD or mechanical drive.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not like it matters but SDXC is a crappy choice of memory format when it hasn't fully replaced SDHC, not to mention it's size restrictions are limited to 128GB at most because that is what is available
And SDHC is limited to 32GB.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The more i look into this the more i believe this, though these are very early stages in the fusion's life so it could likely be scrapped in an instant.
Hell look at the steam controller and you'll know what i mean.
Also I like the name DSc :3

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no doubt Nintendo is working on their next handheld already and there is inside info Nintendo is already in the works for next handheld from a neogaf member who has given accurate info in the past. Not so say these latest rumours are true and i doubt it. The 3DS development started in 2008, the 3DS was revealed in 2010, was it not? I think in the next two years we will hear Nintendo talk about 3DS's successor. 2015 would be my guess for the first reveal and 2016 release. That's a good five years after the 3DS launch.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is not a rumour, it's true that Nintendo are already planning their steps for the next console but it won't arrive until 2017/18.

It's safe to say the same about Microsoft and Sony because they're looking forward to what they can offer more to their customers.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Am I the only one who thinks that the fake 1DS would be better than all this fusion stuff?

1DS looked promising and would've been cool but I'm not sure it would look good on a TV because of its small resolution. Yeah it probably wouldn't but I don't really care, I still play old games on a tube TV.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do like the idea of Nintendo designing and launching successors to both Wii U and 3DS at the same time. Design both systems from the ground up to be integrated taking the ideas from the Wii U gamepad and merging it with a stand alone handheld console. Basically like the 3DS is the gamepad, and your gamepad is pretty much your 3DS. They can sell the handheld as a standalone portable device but design it so that having the home console is also a compelling companion.

It makes sense, Nintendo has been working toward a synergy between their handheld and home console and designing and releasing them both as a pair would enable them to do way more than they have in the past.

They also should make it easy for much of the smartphone android/ios games and some apps are available or easily added to the handheld. Parents I think would be happy to let their kids play that stuff on a $150-200 handheld gaming device rather than trusting kids with the more expensive tablets and smartphones. Kids who play Nintendo handhelds generally also game a bunch on those types of devices and Nintendo would do well to add those experiences to them.

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely that Pokemon Plus And Minus is coming out because a few days ago Nintendo/Game Freak released images of Shiny Volcanion and Hoopa but here's the evidence.
We also saw moves that were not introduced to the game before called 'Thousand Arrows' and another move similar to that.
Therefore, these moves had the same stats as the Zyguardian, or for short Zygarde so maybe there will be different forms of Zygarde in a newer generation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1