Nintendo Entertainment System is coming back as Nintendo Classic Mini on 11/11

TB_NintendoClassicMiniNES.jpg

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

US Price has been revealed at $59.99 USD, + $10 for a second controller.

:arrow:Source (includes list of games)

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Knowing Nintendo and their stance in emulation? It would be an eShop kind of download service.

They wouldn't allow their consumers to just plug ROMs from their PC into the unit, there's a possibility that people can just download the games off the Internet.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Knowing Nintendo and their stance in emulation? It would be an eShop kind of download service.

They wouldn't allow their consumers to just plug ROMs from their PC into the unit, there's a possibility that people can just download the games off the Internet.
I don't think this thing has the necessary hardware to connect to the internet. If they're supporting SD cards it's probably for save backups and screenshots.

Reactions: Deleted User

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think this thing has the necessary hardware to connect to the internet. If they're supporting SD cards it's probably for save backups and screenshots.

Probably and that's a good idea, I would buy this in a heart beat for the authentic experience.

John_Enigma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is early, and call me crazy, but I can see console modders modding this console, and expand the storage while altering the embedded OS, and adding either an SD Card port, or a USB port for storing all the NES games (and possibly NES romhacks).

Did this make any sense?

EDIT: Btw, today is my birthday! I'm finally 21. Everything still feels the same.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I know this is early, and call me crazy, but I can see console modders modding this console, and expand the storage while altering the embedded OS, and adding either an SD Card port, or a USB port for storing all the NES games (and possibly NES romhacks).

Did this make any sense?

EDIT: Btw, today is my birthday! I'm finally 21. Everything still feels the same.

That's something I've already thought of too, i.e., add more games to the console through its storage/card. This is a really sweet nostalgic product for the fans that Nintendo is going to release.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mixed feelings about this. But I guess it's good for collectors, and users who want to pay less money for a mini NES, compared to an original, or someone who wants to enjoy the game not risking hacking, or reprogramming something to emulate off a device.

The only problem is. Why would I want to buy one if you can easily hack a Wii to make it compatible with SNES, N64, NES, GBA/GBC/GB, Games :unsure:.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in the controller for regular NES VC titles. I also wish they made an SNES controller that plugs into the Wii port at this affordable price point. I know about the Club Nintendo one, but it's not nearly this affordable.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mixed feelings about this. But I guess it's good for collectors, and users who want to pay less money for a mini NES, compared to an original, or someone who wants to enjoy the game not risking hacking, or reprogramming something to emulate off a device.

The only problem is. Why would I want to buy one if you can easily hack a Wii to make it compatible with SNES, N64, NES, GBA/GBC/GB, Games :unsure:.
You wouldn't, is not for people like us, is for adults like parents who remember playing these games and want a simple plug and play set up process.

If you brought your parents a wii or wii u and told them about vc or emulations with the process of installing homebrew channel and ios or whatever it takes to use it, then they won't know what the heck you talking about.

it's less expensive than moderen cosoles, have HD support, less complicated setup and easy to play cause it look as simple as it did 30 years ago :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm more interested in the controller for regular NES VC titles. I also wish they made an SNES controller that plugs into the Wii port at this affordable price point. I know about the Club Nintendo one, but it's not nearly this affordable.
Knowing the crazy scalper Nintendo market, that's something which might become hard to find during the early months.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is clever on nintendo's part.

First, they have something to offer for the christmas holiday. It's perfectly priced that any parent would buy one or two, as well as nintendo fans and dorm room folk. It's the same price as one current game.

Second, it refamiliarizes folks with nintendo. Bring back that "oh, yea, nintendo kicks ass. I remember these games" or "this is why nintendo is awesome" to all those who ain't going to buy anything nintendo current. It's NES on HDMI.

Third, it'll prep those people to have nintendo on the brain for when the new console comes out 2-3 months after they receive this nes-mini for christmas. nostalgia mix with latest tech. Hard to resist.

I think this will do really well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee