Nintendo Entertainment System is coming back as Nintendo Classic Mini on 11/11

TB_NintendoClassicMiniNES.jpg

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

US Price has been revealed at $59.99 USD, + $10 for a second controller.

:arrow:Source (includes list of games)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>$60

kek.

You're better off buying a NES clone, or a cheapo Android console.

Hell, even a Raspberry Pi would get infinitely better value than this. $35 and you get access to Atari 2600->PS1. Hell, even some PSP games are runnable on a Pi 3. Just buy a NES-styled case and bam, your nostalgia boner can be yanked at the same time
What about the nostalgia boner of the bad Resolution and awful color contrast of the 1985 glory days? :P

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Interesting, but I'll probably pass unless a way to put our own ROMs is implemented.
*Looks at game list*
Whoa! They got Mega Man 2 on there? Might be worth the money after all, provided the system works well. I mean, looking at it from a monetary standpoint, this would be cheaper than buying an NES and a Mega Man 2 cart.
Hmm. Very interesting.
Not saying I don't like emulation via more traditional devices, but I always felt "right" playing Mega Man 2 on the original hardware at my local game store.

Last edited by BLsquared,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Interesting, but I'll probably pass unless a way to put our own ROMs is implemented.
*Looks at game list*
Whoa! They got Mega Man 2 on there? Might be worth the money after all, provided the system works well. I mean, looking at it from a monetary standpoint, this would be cheaper than buying an NES and a Mega Man 2 cart.
Hmm. Very interesting.
I didn't see mega man 2:mellow:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Center of the right column in the list.
Pardon me i am blind. Even with glasses on.:blink:

I was wondering why capcom was listed as a publisher on the game and all i found was Ghost and Goblins!:angry:
Seriously that game sucks, why is it there!

Oh mega man 2? Well GOLLY GEE! If you have a gamecube, or wii then you could play megaman anniversary collection, it has 10 GAMES ON THERE and remix music of megaman 2, Or even Megaman 2 on Megaman legacy collection, OR WE ALREADY HAVE VC MEGAMAN 2

Seriously i understand preserving the past for new gamers of modern day but if you keep re selling the SAME OLD STUFF WITH NO UPDATE CONTENT. You developers might as well say one of the following.
  1. I am sorry but we are all out of ideas for new megaman games :(
  2. We are done with megaman, please move on
  3. Sorry we tried to take your money with our mascot
  4. Yes we stopped liking the fans long time ago
  5. We at capcom had file for bankruptcy and announce we no longer will be in business as capcom
  6. Nintendo now owns megaman :)
So pick your poison. I reccomend number 6 :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price is retailed at 60 dollars, 30 games for that price is way better than the VC ever would be, hope the NES emulation doesn't suck this time around (you know, the horribly dark palette).

Pardon me i am blind. Even with glasses on.:blink:

I was wondering why capcom was listed as a publisher on the game and all i found was Ghost and Goblins!:angry:
Seriously that game sucks, why is it there!

Oh mega man 2? Well GOLLY GEE! If you have a gamecube, or wii then you could play megaman anniversary collection, it has 10 GAMES ON THERE and remix music of megaman 2, Or even Megaman 2 on Megaman legacy collection, OR WE ALREADY HAVE VC MEGAMAN 2

Seriously i understand preserving the past for new gamers of modern day but if you keep re selling the SAME OLD STUFF WITH NO UPDATE CONTENT. You developers might as well say one of the following.
  1. I am sorry but we are all out of ideas for new megaman games :(
  2. We are done with megaman, please move on
  3. Sorry we tried to take your money with our mascot
  4. Yes we stopped liking the fans long time ago
  5. We at capcom had file for bankruptcy and announce we no longer will be in business as capcom
  6. Nintendo now owns megaman :)
So pick your poison. I reccomend number 6 :D

Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Gamecube has really bad emulation, the music in the NES games is way off, though the PS2 version has better sound.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: BLsquared

nodezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, it would cost billions of dollars. That's why I can buy a chinese NES-on-a-chip console for $5 a pop, right? I literally have one, the biggest part of the PCB is the cartridge slot and I've yet to find a single incompatible game. The whole NES fits on one chip connected to an RF modulator - that's it. God knows why it has RF built-in since it has RCA Out anyways. Get real, those things are still being made today, the cost is next to nothing.

Here's my model, except it has slightly different writing on it:

http://retroconsoles.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator_2

Works like a charm after over a decade.

Sure, but Nintendo will have higher testing and emulation standards than a random Chinese manufacturer. Also, they don't make any money off old NES carts anymore, there is no good business reason for them to take that approach, in fact it would arguably limit their audience in comparison. There are even shipping costs to factor in for a larger device to fit those massive carts. Sure, retro gamers like us would love it, but this is plug and play with zero config so it'll have much wider appeal.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also note that many of those Famiclones have horrendously bad emulation compared to things like the Cyber Gadget Retro Freak or the Retron5. My roommate had an NES clone and the sound was just awful.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on the price, I could see that doing well. Personally, I'm not interested in it as I have RetroArch set up on my HTPC with far more comfortable gamepads, but I can definitely see a market for something like that. Though it has to be cheap enough. Maybe $15-$20?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price is retailed at 60 dollars, 30 games for that price is way better than the VC ever would be, hope the NES emulation doesn't suck this time around (you know, the horribly dark palette).

Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Gamecube has really bad emulation, the music in the NES games is way off, though the PS2 version has better sound.
Still better than nothing. Problem i think is since the Anniversary collection games mega man 1-6 was based off of ROCKMAN COMPLETE WORKS which was a playstation 1 game (Also availble on playstation network :) ) It probably was why it was a problem instead of using nes roms which would made more sense on nintendo console to emulate nes version :P
Of course the xbox is best then ps2 and then gamecube is third with is backwards shooting controls but again better than nothing.

Also the xbox version was released after the ps2 and gamecube, so it could also factor in why gc wasn't accurate but still enough to get a playthrough. :)

3e323d1057ad8fed3b3c90b5918fd31f0065bc2236bb8e7cc444b1b2a727176d.jpg

IT IS I TELL YOU, IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! :rolleyes::ph34r::ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like this is more of a collector's item or fun gift idea than anything else, especially since they promoted the controller as a purchaseable standalone that can be used with Wii/WiiU VC.
Honestly, I'm just wondering if they'll keep this up with the next few generations. I'd love to have an official N64 controller to Smash with.

Last edited by YayMii,
Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I was initially excited and ready to buy, then I've read the post and realized that this is just cheap plug & play crap you could get for a few bucks. This is nothing to get excited over, it's just another crappy emulation box. You'd think that Nintendo could make a proper hardware clone, except on a SoC to minimize the size, and include a cartridge slot, but no - they went the zero effort route and made a cheap piece of crap to take advantage of your nostalgia and milk your wallet. Shameful display, shame on you, Nintendo!

I have two PSTVs with PSP/PS1 exploits to run the games I want and other consoles/devices to run retro games but this is a Mini NES. I need this!

The price is 59.95 USD.
Not too bad as that's what a new game costs.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
insert emulated sonic 1 rerelease with no changes here
Well it hasn't in awhile, the 3d sonic on eshop is a little more to offer than just being a Rom copy, they did fix somethings and improved emulation as well as made it international, and least you can use cheat codes like debug, unlike the PSN Port by back bone entertainment, glad that company doesn't do ports anymore, i like this MZ or M2 Company way more. ALL THEIR PORTS ARE WORTH IT. :grog:

Reactions: CeeDee

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually pretty cool, but they could've added cartridge support for those people who actually managed to keep their carts.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This is actually pretty cool, but they could've added cartridge support for those people who actually managed to keep their carts.
That would increase the cost of the unit.
If they're going the emulation route (which I'm 99% sure they are), they'd need to add a way to dump the cartridges and play the ROMs off their internal emulator (similar to what the Retron 5 does). If they're running the games natively, cart support would be easier, but they wouldn't be able to offer all the bells and whistles that come with an emulator, such as savestates.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if they did do this with a 16 or 32 bit, i might actually turn my head for once. ANd then turn it back to my android tv and say. Hmm nice job there people your making good decisions. I turned my head. :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: