Nintendo DS Lite

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
just leave it to nintendo to come out with a million different models of the same damn thing. *takes off from gbatemp for another year*
hey myke!
don't go again!
wacko.gif
we missed your posts

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, its oogly.
The whole Rev thing is nice, but they might as well put some baby alphabet blocks on it while their at it :/

Though I admit it would look great in differnt colors.
But its jsut too slick looking.

I do hope nintendo makes a anneversy model one year though.
Imagen a NES controller styled DS? xD (not a skin, a darn dual screen rectanguler block
happy.gif
)

Now lets see,
I dont like how its even smaller now. All those complaints about the machine being too big were pretty stupid. The machine isnt big or huge or anything, heck is smaller than the older stuff. Its just a big rectangle is all.

The lights seem inda cool though, probly easier to notice.

The mic, oh gosh, worst pllace ever.
Sure it makes sence for games you blow on and talking to virtual puppies. But no matter what you do, you will spit on the bottom screen :/ Heck I have enough troubles with my lil cousin playing my DS and marioi kart in battle mode x-x; Though he does take really good care of it besides the few bits of saliva on it.
Though then again, if the screen isnt sunken into the machine, then perhaps it wont be so hard to clean for once
happy.gif

The GBA cover sounds dumb to me, though very usefull. Its just that I wonder where the cover is gonna hang when I have a GBA cart in it >.> I do hope it covers the GBA cart too. (I guess that one might be obvoius)

Personally I like the old desgin best. The power button bottom screen and light is the only things Id wanna change. Though it is pretty blocky, I have big hands, so it really wasnt trouble to get used to
tongue.gif

The start buttons... I dont think Im gonna like them being under my thumb :/

Oh and about the light, where the heck is the light button gonna be? It cant be software controled without a firmware upgrade of some sort. Maybe it'll be software only feature? Or perhaps it'll run trough each mode when switching the lights on and off in a game normaly?
I guess we'll have to wait for that, but Im hoping for a physical button
happy.gif

Oh ya, one last thing.
When the heck is nintendo gonna release a headset? :wtf:
Im getting tired of all these mic gimmicks, no online multiplayer chatting, and no darn headset x-x;
Maybe that little square peg that sits unused is starting to get to me >.>

I do hope they dont remove that, Ive been wanting to see a headset for a long time now.

Though perhaps it wont happen, since nintendo is going for the "for everyone" thing rather than targeting toward teenagers and college kids :/
But eh, just have to see and wait.
I do hope they dont do anything more againast the hacks. I need my homebrew stuff
happy.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I've just added some more info to the news post.

The GBA slot has a cover, presumably so that the DS Lite will look white all over including the GBA slot.

There are no software enhancements. No extra features or wifi pictochat.

That's pretty fucking lame IMO. They should at least do one global firmware upgrade for all DSes. Seriously, who actually uses Pictochat other then for a couple of seconds 'just for fun'? It's definately impractical when your mate is only 100 metres away. Plus, you can't even invite another person, you just have to pray somebody else joins.

WiFi Pictochat and a better use of the Download feature should be implemented IMO.

S

solarsaturn9

So nintendo is definitely on my suck list for once again making a sexier version of a handheld system that I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT!!!
dry.gif

L

lastdual

Mwahahaha! I've been waiting for Nintendo to do this ever since the Micro got released. It's just seemed obvious to me, esp given the PSP's more streamlined look over the original DS. It's been hard going all this time without a DS, but this one will definitely be mine! (well actually, I've already got way too many games that I haven't gotten around to playing, but...)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The design is terrible. Nice try, Nintendo. (/me walks away and refuses to buy NDS at all)

12bm1.jpg

See ? It is almost the same. Nah, I do not liked it.

stupid2ass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Call me a sucker but I'm getting one of these (either the white or blue one).
Sigh I still own all of these: GB (first brick one), GBC, GBA, GBA:SP, GBM, DS and soon to be DS Lite
smile.gif

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, sure it's smaller and lighter, but I think I'll probably stick with the DS I already have.
I don't like the placement of Start and Select, nor do I like the Power button not being on the face of it.
It was a good design decision to put it there for the original DS, that way the DS won't turn on while it's in your bag or anything.

Smaller = harder to hold. The only thing that bugs me about my DS is the sharp corners that dig into my hands, but this looks pretty much the same in that department.

I wonder if the speakers are worse or better.

Microphone between screens = spit all over your screens.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How the crap do you guys spit on your screen or anywhere on your DS?
wtf.gif

A real shot of the lite might look better than the mockup so I'll wait for those.
I like the fact that the power button isn't a face button anymore. When I'm in a rush to turn off my DS while playing Animal Crossing I'll sometimes hit the power button instead of Start to save. @___@

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
29682dsvslite.jpg

even from the shitty two block model, i can tell its a damn sexy design. its good seeing some perspective on any design, those official DS images made the current design look slick even lol

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys need to learn to talk without spitting!

and if/when they figure out how to get Flashme on this new thing, I'm definately down for a shiney black one and like someone mentioned earlier, keep my old one for a DS-less friend to join in some download play.

L

lastdual

Call me a sucker but I'm getting one of these (either the white or blue one).
Sigh I still own all of these: GB (first brick one), GBC, GBA, GBA:SP, GBM, DS and soon to be DS Lite
smile.gif
Hehe, I've still got an unopened original brick GB (the special bundle that came with Zelda: Link's Awakening). I'm saving it for like 20 years from now when it will look super-ancient, then I'm gonna whip it out (the GB, that is) and start playing next to some guy with the PSP4 or something... hardcore oldschool.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the crap do you guys spit on your screen or anywhere on your DS?
wtf.gif

A real shot of the lite might look better than the mockup so I'll wait for those.
I like the fact that the power button isn't a face button anymore. When I'm in a rush to turn off my DS while playing Animal Crossing I'll sometimes hit the power button instead of Start to save. @___@

I do this too. Mainly when Im real tired and just want to get through the chores of the game already.
I'll get done with everything, then click, its off and I gotta do it all over again. Plus a nice happy talkl with that ol mole >.>

Oh and as for hardcore retro stuff. The GB mono would be worth quite alot by then, so you should prbly not open it up and just grab an old Game Gear instead. Cuase not only would no one know what it was, it would defintly seem old xD

I love my game gear
happy.gif
I still play it when I can. Just gotta fix up the damaged screen.

I do love the old oriognal GB too.
Nothing beats that green dot matrex LCD screen :3

D

Deleted_11405

yes looks better than the big american fridge style.. it's nice to see the gba slot has a cover (finally??) maybe that would cover up the reason to buy one and the biggest flashcard around oh no i forgot to buy the micro too well i'm glad having gba/sp's flashing then i only needed a cable converter for link'ing up the gbm to gba. those are just sweet dreams.. i wonder also about wifi what does it have to do with bottom of this page lo-fi?or like hi-fi .. and the microphone sometimes i think its all about feedback on what security..maybe good thing luigi works underground and my brother working in a bakery.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
guys need to learn to talk without spitting!well maybe I'm wrong but sometimes you have to yell to get the DS to hear you properly...
I don't know. Never played a game that used the mic (thankfully)
Nah, no need to yell - if anything you should try lowering your voice. I've even written it down in my Nintendogs FAQ: "Do not SHOUT into the microphone!! Speak with a normal tone, it's not necessary to raise your voice - The DS's microphone is pretty sensitive and _will_ catch your words even if you use a regular tone."

Chilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There are 4 stages of screen brightness (similar to the PSP)
- The power switch is now a flick switch on the side of the unit like the PSP's
- The screens are reported to be brighter and sharper than the PSP's screen (eg: similar to the GameBoy Micro)
-There is a GBA Slot, the slot has a cover

And this sould be a LITE version, that's bullshit.
This sould have been on the regular DS:es.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1