Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase - Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne gets HD remaster

maxresdefault-10-5-e1594310543591.jpg

It may not be the grand Nintendo Direct many were hoping for, but today's Nintendo Direct Mini will give us an idea of what games we can hope to see release on the Nintendo Switch in the future, courtesy of Nintendo's partners. Who knows what will be shown? The only way to find out is to watch, when the Direct Mini goes up in less than a minute. The video will be available to watch on either Nintendo of UK or Nintendo of America's YouTube channels.

The 8-minute video is now live. Cadence of Hyrule is getting three new DLC packs. The first of which is a character pack, which adds Impa, Aria, Shadow Link, Shadow Zelda, and Frederick as playable characters. It launches later today.

Pack two will include 39 new songs.

Pack 3 has a new story featuring Skull Kid. Packs 2 and 3 will release sometime before October. A season pass will also be available, letting you buy all the new content in one package, or you can grab a new physical edition with everything on October 23rd.

Rogue Company has a new trailer. It's an online competitive shooter playable on the Switch. You can play with other platforms, too.

WWE 2K Battlegrounds launches on September 28th.

Shin Megami Tensei news. But it's not V, it's Shin Megami Tensei III. Nocturne is getting an HD Remaster on Switch this Spring 2021.

Now we get V. A trailer teases the story of the game, which releases in 2021 as well, worldwide.

That's it. More Partner Showcases will be shown later this year.

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm just finishing smt iv apocalypse and started to think that next game I want to play will be smt 3 on ps2, but then direct happened and ruined my plan in a good way :).

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A re-release of a 2003 game! The game is almost an adult, now, older than a most of the players today!
And you people rave about it? I mean, are there no standards?

Seriously?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
couldn't give 2 fucks about SMT I learned my lesson on that series a while ago. i knew it was going to suck. nintendo doesn't deliver once again switch can remain untouched for another 6 months. meanwhile metroid is a no show and the eshop continues to fill up with sw and trash. the switch IS A JOKE! it can't even play todays modern games because of it's dated hardware! pathetic nintendo trying to pass a handheld as a console

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man it's breaking my heart to see all the dislikes on the Youtube video. I've been waiting years for any news on SMT V besides the reveal trailer and I'm so happy we got that, along with a Nocturne remaster. I'm so happy. Just because a direct doesn't have Mario or Smash doesn't mean it's a bad direct, guys...
At least the massive dislikes on the separated videos, seems to be only WWE.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>people ACTUALLY malding over this direct
why are people expecting STUPID DUMMY BIG announcements? It's a mini AND a partner showcase at that.
I mean, are there no standards?

Seriously?
I don't see what's wrong with a remaster of a game that in some aspects; needed one. it also is being developed alongside a full blown mainline smt
>2003 game
>20XX game that should've came out already
Game development takes time. it was only announced in 2017 (granted they were silent till now lol)
Persona 5 had a longer development cycle. All that had going for it was news coming out more frequently.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Persona 5 had a longer development cycle. All that had going for it was news coming out more frequently.
Man, Persona 5 had a rough hype cycle. Now that we're years past it, we misremember it but there were very long periods with no news, plus with the amount of times it got delayed...
It got so out of hand that there were geniuses on /v/ that had convinced themselves it was going to be a Wii U exclusive, of all things. My lord.

By comparison, SMT V getting announced, disappearing for 3 years, then coming back with a release month going "I'm back, bitches" is amazing.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the why there are so many dislike in the video. If people are complaining about how the leaks they saw or read were not present in this Direct Mini, they have no one to blame but themselves to believe in that and overhyping it.

With the pandemic that is still ongoing for months, this has affected a lot of games' development meaning there will be a lot of delays to a bunch of games.

D

Deleted User

i don't mind these mini directs for 3rd parties at all if it means the big chicken nintendie directs focus more in-depth on 1st and 2nd party titles.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving up any hope of good games for a few years... R.I.P. Pokemon gen 2 and 4 remakes, Bayonetta 3, Pikmin 4, Mario Kart 9, Splatoon 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Metroid Prime 4.

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving up any hope of good games for a few years... R.I.P. Pokemon gen 2 and 4 remakes, Bayonetta 3, Pikmin 4, Mario Kart 9, Splatoon 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Metroid Prime 4.
is this satire or are you actually mad that a PARTNERS showcase didn't show 1st party games?
plus both smt games belong on that list lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work