Nintendo Direct 4/12/2017 Roundup

It's that time again, where Nintendo teases their upcoming projects and incites hype in the masses. Are you ready to see what Nintendo's got up their sleeves this time? Because at 5PM CST, the direct will begin. This direct will focus on Splatoon 2 and ARMS for the most part, but will also showcase upcoming Switch and 3DS games. Check back when the direct starts, as GBAtemp will be here with live coverage updates.

Lets get to it:

Hey Pikmin for 3DS is shown off. It's a platforming Pikmin game.
ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.01.16).jpg
Pikmin amiibo coming
ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.02.06).jpg
Ever Oasis launching June 23

Monster Hunter Stories' gameplay showcased, will be coming to 3DS this Fall

Yokai Watch 2 is getting a definitive edition called Psychic Spectres. It's getting a new online mutliplayer feature. This Fall.

Culdecept Revolt is a card game coming for 3DS August 29.

RPG Maker FES. It's getting DLC, including Disgaea DLC content. June 27

Miitopia is getting a localization. It's a quirky mii game like Tomodachi Life, but with a turn based RPG twist. Coming 2017

Fire Emblem Echoes is getting DLC. EXP and money maps are a thing. A season pass is coming as well.

Kirby 25th anniversary.

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is a co-op game free to start, coming to 3DS eshop.

Kirby Blowup Blast is a thing as well, this Summer, another eshop exclusive.

New multiplayer Kirby game coming this Winter for 3DS

ByeByeBoxBoy is getting amiibo features. Launches today.

New Zelda amiibos, the last of the smash amiibos coming July 21

ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.33.41) (1).jpg

ARMS gameplay. Lots of different types of attacks and fighters. Each fighter has different abilities. You can mix and match arms. New fighter uses ramen based attacks and has kick attacks.

Yellow joycons coming on June 16, as well as a charger pack

C9PsRHdUMAAQldm.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, going over things we've seen before.

Ultra Street Fighter 2, evil Ryu, violent Ken as playable characters. First person mode, 2 player coop mode.

Minecraft coming to Switch. Online. It's getting a Mario DLC pack with worlds from the Mario universe. Launches May 11, getting physical release later on.

Neo Geo ports.

Sonic Forces gameplay shown, new character, coming Holiday 2017.

Sonic Mania coming this Summer.

Project Mekuru is a coop puzzle game about flipping colored panels is coming to the Switch this summer.

Fate Extella is getting a Switch port. July 25.

Disgaea 5 Complete gameplay shown. Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Monopoly for Switch with 6 player mutiplayer, and HD rumble for the rolling rice effect. Fall.

Rayman Legends is being ported to Switch as a definitive edition, 2017.

Sine Mora EX is a shmup, this summer. Battle Chasers Nightwar is a turn based RPG for Switch too, late summer.

Payday 2 coming to Switch too. Later this year.

Namco Museum has Galaga, Pacman, and more. Dig Dug and challenge modes. Summer.

You can buy the Switch Dock by itself on May 17.

Splatoon 2 has a retro trailer. Getting a new mode. Salmon Run. Looks to be a hoarde mode where you must attack mutant salmon to earn power eggs. Boss Salmon will have bounties to defeat. You can call in lifesavers to bring back defeated allies. Golden eggs are collected to bring back to your net to win.

Splatoon 2 amiibo. Game launches July 21

ss+(2017-04-12+at+05.34.01).jpg

Last edited by Chary,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my eyes Microsoft died when my Xbox360 got RROD after a month and the second one same thing. So no, thank you.
But a Walkman ate the tape of one of my precious casettes and ruined it!
So SONY has been dead for me since 1984! /s
(let the far past go already bro)

I propose better justifications, like "but Xbox has no games compared to PS4".... yeah, that will actually do.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: DrkBeam and migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm glad I decided to buy carts, if they insist on only releasing the good games in Japan (no english) and only old crappy ports/indies in NA, and don't come up with something really really good at E3, I'm bailing...

nothing is keeping you from buying eshop games or carts as you like... you can get eshop stuff from NA and carts from japan?

Honestly, I really want purple joycons.. was not expecting yellow, but it doesn't look too bad! Looks like I'll just be playing MK8D for awhile until Splatoon 2 comes out, or I'll get Disgaea 5 before then! Games are *slowly* trickling in, but it makes me wonder if enough are coming in to keep consumers happy?

are you a pimp? :creep:

Tokiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I was surprised to see that a Fate franchise would come to any Nintendo console. Well that also explains why our english version was never released till this date. Probably to release it at the same time as the switch.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
But a Walkman ate the tape of one of my precious casettes and ruined it!
So SONY has been dead for me since 1984! /s
(let the far past go already bro)

I propose better justifications, like "but Xbox has no games compared to PS4".... yeah, that will actually do.

No need to go to extremes.
Xbox 360 was piece of shit that I regret buying horribly.
I dont even need to discuss Xbone because theres no games worth mentioning.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thankgod I didn't get myself hyped up for this direct since they already hinted the main highlights would be Arms and splatoon2. Nothing on my radar far as games shown, still have alot to do in Zelda to keep me going, getting Mario Kart 8 duluxe and will pick up Splatoon2 for sister.

Overall pretty barren for me untill later in the year when Mario hits, and possible Pokemon game.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What does really annoy me about Nintendo is the fact they are porting games from the WiiU that wen't really that great in the first place, take> "Rayman Legends", it was not that good so why shove it in our faces again with the Switch I realize MK8 was a big hit and I suppose I can appreciate a Switch version with, lets face facts its only a few new characters and maps and nothing to get really hype about but so many ports from the WiiU seems an annoying rip off to me! Oh yeah I forgot also Minecarft with Mario DLC for free... WHY, it wasn't even that good!!! :cry: I'm sure the developers of these games are not saying "NO" to Nintendo cause its more money in there pockets for just a quick port over! ZeldaBOW was a massive selling point for the Switch and I agree well worth the buy but I want something else to get me interested again & Splatoon 2 is not doing me justice at this time..., nothing on that list is getting me excited either :(

Last edited by Reecey,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WTF is Payday 2? Never heard of it. And mini discs are a problem, drives wear out, remember the PSP and the issues it had with them? Guess not.
Heist "simulator". The game is pretty fun. But it went on the full DLC road.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/
182.61 euros of DLC. I wonder if they are going to make a premium version including all the DLC for the switch.
It's also a game where you encounter a lot of players with a pirate DLC unlocker. They are getting a big "cheater" flag over their head because they are equip with item they should not have.

There is a build system with perk tree, making the game really interesting, so you can bruteforce a bank like you can go sneaky beaky. You can solo mission with some builds but the game take all its meaning with multiplayer.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mini discs like the PSP. Could store more data too.
what? even a bluray dual layered disc cant store more than 50gbs, explain to me how cartrige restricts the size? when you can put a micro sd card on the switch carts with 512gb or even 1tb or 2 when they are available? micro sd have no size limitation while disc of any size have, we arent on n64 days the switch cartriges arent limited by 64mb nor 64gb wich is already over that size of any disc ever made.

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Still, I'm quite salty about the lack of an announcement. Which probably means we won't have it due to it not being ported (translators, if you read this, please give a hand).

WHERE IS MY ETRIAN ODYSSEY V ???

Ahem. Lackluster Direct outside of this. Nothing exceptional, some bad games, guess E3 will be the big moment.

kindacozi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does really annoy me about Nintendo is the fact they are porting games from the WiiU that wen't really that great in the first place, take> "Rayman Legends", it was not that good so why shove it in our faces again with the Switch I realize MK8 was a big hit and I suppose I can appreciate a Switch version with, lets face facts its only a few new characters and maps and nothing to get really hype about but so many ports from the WiiU seems an annoying rip off to me! Oh yeah I forgot also Minecarft with Mario DLC for free... WHY, it wasn't even that good!!! :cry: I'm sure the developers of these games are not saying "NO" to Nintendo cause its more money in there pockets for just a quick port over! ZeldaBOW was a massive selling point for the Switch and I agree well worth the buy but I want something else to get me interested again & Splatoon 2 is not doing me justice at this time..., nothing on that list is getting me excited either :(

Rayman Legends is a third party game. Ubisoft is porting from the Wii U, not Nintendo.
"Minecarft" Yeah i do agree that console ports of the game are pretty sad... MCPE is way better. MCPE.
Console launches are slow, what did you expect? Look at all the big console launches. You gotta wait a year or two to really have enough games.
IDK why people make such a big deal about there not being 30 huge games for them to play. Making these things takes time, and Nintendo wants to pan them out strategically, so they can make the most money they can, and can you really blame them for that?

Feel free to point out how wrong I am in every way you can. :lol:

Reactions: Reecey

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ARMS is starting to look really good to me. Was on the fence about it before, but now I'm thinking I may actually buy it. Surprised by how much life the 3DS has in it at this point, can't believe how many bigger games are still being made for it. I'm not complaining mind you, just interesting to note.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This direct was a total failure. Every thing in it was already revealed in last months game informer. Including monopoly and the Neon Yellow Jon Cons. I give Nintendo an F- for this NinenDirect

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Payday 2? That's the last game I expected to see :blink:

Not incredibly overwhelming...but the Yellow Joycon do look nice. I'm glad I didn't buy extra joycon yet.

And ARMs is looking...really good. I didn't expect it. I hope a demo goes live, or the Gamestop near me get's a kiosk up to try it. I like the idea of a new fighting game, but I'm still unsure about the control method and context.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

With such +AAA games like Monopoly and Minecraft that we're going to have on the Switch, there's really no reason to ever want a Metroid, F-Zero, Luigi's Mansion, EarthBound, Star Fox, Donkey Kong or Wario.

Monopoly and Minecraft are all that we need.

Thank you so much, Nintendo!! ^_^

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat