Misc Nintendo Banning for CN wii mini explot

Frozenhavanna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello guys, i found in this website, this:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...-who-abused-the-wii-mini-exploit#.VQjDHOFpt0s

That states that Nintendo is banning user who used the wii mini explot in CN. I just yesterday linked my "exploited" CN account to my brand new Wii u. Shall i worry? Is this a trustworthy source?
And if banned.. does it imply they'll erase.. what? My CN account? My eshop account? Or avoid the console to go online?

Thanks for any help

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
They would likely just ban your Club Nintendo account. They would only ban your eshop account or console from online if you used, say, a stolen eshop game code. If you read the source's source, it even states that the reports only have Club Nintendo accounts getting banned and not NNID's, which I think is mighty generous considering the number of free games and physical merchandise people abusing this exploit may have received.

Honestly, Nintendo confuses me. They ban NNIDs if people mistakenly purchase an illegitimately purchased eshop code and use it, but they don't ban people who go out of their way to abuse a system and basically steal games and physical merchandise.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello guys, i found in this website, this:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...-who-abused-the-wii-mini-exploit#.VQjDHOFpt0s

That states that Nintendo is banning user who used the wii mini explot in CN. I just yesterday linked my "exploited" CN account to my brand new Wii u. Shall i worry? Is this a trustworthy source?
And if banned.. does it imply they'll erase.. what? My CN account? My eshop account? Or avoid the console to go online?

Thanks for any help

Yes, that's correct, Nintendo is banning accounts that used the Wii mini exploit, it doesn't matter if you just did once, you're screwed either way. At the moment they are just banning accounts that redeemed physical goods, otherwise if you only got digital games you are safe (for now).

The ban just delete your Club Nintendo account, your eShop account is not affected. Like I said we don't know if Nintendo is planning something else, like deleting accounts for people who redeemed just digital titles. In most extreme cases Nintendo can block you from eShop, and block your illegaly obtained games, hope they don't go this far with the Wiimini exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1