Nintendo Arms Direct Live Roundup

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, May 17, 2017.

1. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    As long as we get games like this, I don't care that much about processing power.

PaBo, Eddypikachu, LuxerWap and 4 others like this.
  2. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Looks like ARMS needs no story to be a game: as in, shut up and play, no explanation needed!

That rail grind section in splatoon reminds me of Jet Set Radio From Xbox for some reason....O well, better wait for splatoon.

It´s also surprising they are making this free dlc as well as in splatoon. They really want to support the multiplayer aspect.

3. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    20 player matches using mutliple systems, 2 players on each system, is interesting, would get absolutely hectic as hell. Other than that, I honestly don't have any interest in arms.

Splatoon 2 though, oh boy, gotta love that Evil Callie. I never played the first one, didn't own a WiiU, but I think i'll watch a runthrough of the story.

Tomy Sakazaki likes this.
  4. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Just when I was like; "Oh, I can wait a year or two for a switch."

5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Twintelle doesn't even have an ARMS arm, she got an ARMS pigtail. :rofl2: Geez

6. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    They have a lot of funny and good ideas for the characters. The basketball game seems to be hilarious. I will take part in the testpunch.

Eddypikachu, zeldaism and Xabring like this.
  7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    This is no Smash/Tekken replacement. Nintendo is clearly trying very hard to target this as a "hardcore" fighting game but it isn't.

8. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    oh, cool, you've played it? What's it like?

chavosaur likes this.
  9. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Stranger things have happened. If this game goes big I wouldn't be to shocked.

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    You can make various moves with the Joy-Cons (hence the title, ARMS) and it's a lot of fun but in its essence, it's "Wii Boxing 2" as a full game.

If I can get it for a low price then I might bite.

V0ltr0n likes this.
  11. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    Have you played with the Pro controller, too? Maybe it is casual fun with the move controls and a "hardcore" fighting game with traditional controls.

The testpunch download supports the Pro Controller. I will "testpunch" all controls.

12. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Looks like an interesting fighting game. If I ever get a Switch I would like to try it.

13. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    IMO ARMS looks more fun than Splatoon 2, mostly because shooters are better suited for KB/M and Virtual-On was the shit.

14. Mansize

Mansize GBATemp Hardware

GBAtemp Patron
    Mansize is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 18, 2017
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    You know, when standing in line on the release day I guess I figured that by now we would be playing millions of SNES, GBA, N64 and GCN virtual console games on the side on the go. You know, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario RPG, Lufia II, DKCs, Fire Emblem 8, 7 and an official translation of 6, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, Geist, Mario Sunshine.... instead we are almost tempted to buy too many NeoGeo games okay.

15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well lets see, every thursday, eshop gets updated. A overpriced game, a game no one ever saw coming and a neo geo arcade port. JUST THOSE THREE THINGS EVERY THURSDAY. :angry:

Is just a observation, but clearly nintendo wasn't prepared for GAMES yet, yes they COULD start the virtual console series by now, but they haven't even got the software updated to contain something useful. Wii u had content that wasn't only limited to games, web browser for one thing, able to play wii games, netflix, hulu, youtube, crunchy roll, amazon video. What can you do i switch... play games, THAT IS IT O_O

Least have it play music or videos or pictures from SD card, it is also a portable device too, music player would be nice. I mean even if they have to port some android app games or something. Is just a game system, until they add something in the next updates.

16. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Didn't but in theory it should play similarly to the likes of a Dragon Ball 3D game (behind the shoulder type). With the Joy-Cons being completely wireless and the intended way to play ARMS, the Pro Controller should be left as the last option to play ARMS.

Have you played ARMS?

I'm not a fan of either but Splatoon has the advantage that it simply requires to use a normal controller and sit on a couch (or wherever) whereas ARMS you have to stand in order to play it at its best.

17. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    "At its best" is relative, though. I don't believe I'll have any issue with either control scheme, and I play with mixed control schemes in most games anyway.

18. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    I don't really understand why you have to stand (In the ign-preview-video the players sit.) and why the pro controller shouldn't work. Maybe I understand your opinion after the testpunch or maybe not.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That was just my experience with it and if I were to play ARMS again, it'd be that way over sitting down or with the Pro Controller considering how restrictive it'd be compared to the Joy-Cons.

20. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    #MinMinInTheBinBin