Nintendo Arms Direct Live Roundup

arms_wide-1.jpg

This thread will roundup all the info from today's Direct!

Tune in here and check out the info below for all the live updates.

>This intro is way too intense for limbs.
> Did they seriously use rad in a sentence? STOP.
> Arms fighters have weights and attributes
> weight can influence blocks. If hits connect of similar weight they can be blocked. Otherwise they can be overpowered.
> 7 different attributes. Fire, Electric, Wind, Ice, Stun, Explosion, and Blind.
> Springman gets stronger with lower health and can use toaster arms, boomerang an tribolt. All utilize various attributes.
> Mechanica has no stretchy arms, can hover and has high durability. Can use revolver arms that shoot, whammer which is a large hammer, and a homie, a homing missile arm. All of these can be combo'd.
>Ninjara has quick speed and can warp. uses charkram to curve punches, buff for stronger punches and triblast for explosive damage.
>Master Mummy cant be stunned and he restores health when guarding. Megaton arms are heavy and slow but hit super hard, retorcher is a fire cannon that can shoot 3 times and th pheonix which has devastating fire power.
>New character Kid Cobra has high mobility and springy snake arms. Slamaamander wind whip, hydra 3 shot arm and freezing boomerang the coolerang.
>showcasing modes now. Team fights which have friendly fire and team objectives, standard fights, v-ball which is essentially volleyball, hoops which is literally basketball , skillshot a target practice mode, 1 on 100 much like the smashbros mode to fight shadows, and arms training mode.
> as you fight youll earn in game cash to buy new arms.
>duplicate arms have higher attacks
>ribbon girl can midair jump multiple times and can quick drop for fast attacks. uses sparky, a shock punch for stunning, popper for speed movement and slapamander for quick whip attacks.
>min-min, a ramen girl. good dodge skills and heavy dragon hits. Dragon fires a lazer, megawatt hits hard with shock damage and the ramram hits with charge shots.
>helix is basically flubber. Moves really strange and can charge to hit harder. Blorb inflicts blinding hits, ice dragon freezes, and guardian shield arm.
>byte and barq are robot cop and dog friends. barqcan be used as a launch pad like rush from megaman and is distracting. Seekie fires seeking missiles, cracker does fire hits and bubb is a charge shot punch.
>twintelle is a movie heroine using her pigtails to fight. She can slow down punches in midair. Chilla ice punches, parasol defense punches and thunderbird homing attack.
>there are thousands of arm combos.
>battle modes now
>grand prix has you win 10 matches in a row to win the whole thing. can be played single or co-op
>party match lets you fight online and has 10 system support with 2 players per system. Essentially a 20 player lobby.
>ranked matches. 1on1 battles for online ranking.
>local multiplayer can be done in local wireless mode with 2-8 systems.
>arms will get free updates with new stages, players and more after launch! much like splatoon!
>there will be three "global testpunches" which mean 3 free online demos like the splatoon testfires.

e6109c03e617c872920b13ee076ea83c096863371147bf82a58ba95623a58c18.png

>An inkling just followed marie down a pipe.
>This looks to be story content?
> yes the game is showing off the new single player campaign! Rail grinds, new ultimates, platforming and way more make it look WAY more enticing than the original splatoon single player. fight against the octorians!
>oh that was it :|

That concludes the broadcast. I'm actually pretty sold on Arms now,they showed off a lot of new content to excite me. And that splatoon single player? GIVE ME ALL OF IT!

Last edited by chavosaur,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
ARMS looks to be turning out better than I had anticipated. I thought it would be another gimmick-filled game to sell you on some of the Switch's functionality, but now I'm actually sold that it'll be a good title to play. When I eventually buy a Switch, I think I might go for it.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully this game fails miserably like 12 Switch so Nintendo can stop making this gimmicky garbage and start making good games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ARMS looks to be turning out better than I had anticipated. I thought it would be another gimmick-filled game to sell you on some of the Switch's functionality, but now I'm actually sold that it'll be a good title to play. When I eventually buy a Switch, I think I might go for it.
lol...that's exactly what it is. Looks like they brain washed another one.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this game fails miserably like 12 Switch so Nintendo can stop making this gimmicky garbage and start making good games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol...that's exactly what it is. Looks like they brain washed another one.
I do love some random trolly hate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended