Homebrew Is there a way make USB Loader GX work with the Gamepad? There's UWUVCI but that lacks many of the former's features such as deflickering.

Arrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like to have the possibility to play games on the Gamepad besides using the TV screen and the normal Wii controller/remote/Wiimote.

But for UWUVCI you have to pre-set many settings, and then when you install the game on the Wii U, you can't change much about it anymore.

USB Loader GX meanwhile lets you set many things within its own UI on the Wii or vWii itself rather than on PC beforehand. And it has some neat features such as aspect ratio and deflickering which I really like!

Then again, I'm not sure if it'd be that easy. Enabling the Gamepad for use within USB Loader GX may still require an additional feature to set the hotkeys for the Wii, GCN or other game. So you'd probably need a UWUVCI like environment within USB Loader GX. Also it was made to work in vWii mode only, it's not a Wii U homebrew app, so it could be difficult to remake it into a Wii U app.

There doesn't seem to be a way to set stuff like deflickering on a "higher level" so that the whole vWii including its home menu is affected, so that you're not dependent on booting USB Loader GX first. Otherwise that could've been an alternative way. That or bake those extra features from USB Loader GX into UWUVCI, but that'd be less ideal since, again, you need to set things beforehand on PC.

Anyway, I hope there'd be a way to somehow "combine" these UWUVCI and USB Loader GX things. The best of both worlds, it'd be great!

I'm not sure what else to do. I don't feel like storing Wii, GCN etc. games both in USB Loader GX and as a UWUVCI inject, especially since I don't know how to sync the save files (might not be possible at all).

Last edited by Arrie,

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There doesn't seem to be a way to set stuff like deflickering on a "higher level" so that the whole vWii including its home menu is affected, so that you're not dependent on booting USB Loader GX first.
this would be a great feature of Boot2vWii or maybe an aroma plugin like evwii could make this happen as well it actually can modify some aspects of the vWii.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, while you can get a working version of a vWii USB loader with the GamePad, that once you launch a game from that environment, that game will cease to work with the GamePad. If the goal is only to navigate the USB Loader environment and then switch to your Wiimote when you launch a title, that is possible. If however, you want to continue to play your vWii game with the GamePad, that doesn't work, and you unfortunately have to make individual forwarders with GamePad enabled from the Wii U menu per game. This is at least in regard to Wii games and USBLoader GX. Nintendont for example is a different story, not only can you get a working version of Nintendont with the GamePad, but any GameCube game you launch from there will continue to work with the GamePad.

Arrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendont is only for GameCube games though, isn't it? Because the main concern is Wii games. It'd only be an alternative if Nintendont could play Wii games too, on the Gamepad. Plus stuff like that deflicker filter.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is only for GameCube games though, isn't it? Because the main concern is Wii games. It'd only be an alternative if Nintendont could play Wii games too, on the Gamepad. Plus stuff like that deflicker filter.
Yes, I was only explaining that Nintendont is a bit of an exception to what I was saying, but it is indeed only for GameCube (and Triforce Arcade) games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would need a forwarder on the wiiu side for gamepad support btw. it has to ask to use the gamepad when selecting for it to work; otherwise, it will say that the gamepad can't be used in wiimode if you try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi