• Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you run unsigned code in a possible exploit?
I signed up just to say this but the reason you are able to run unsigned code once you exploit the console is because you(hacker, modder, or yourself if you code) rewrote the OS to disable the signature check system

i don't know how it exactly works on the 3DS but on the Xbox 360 for example, when you RGH(reset hack glitch), or JTAG the console, you gain access to the bootloader and you rewrite the dashboard(OS) using xell and gain access to information you normally wont be able to see like your CPU key and NAND ID so you can create a dashboard for your system that allows the execution of unsigned code

i imagine the process isn't too different with the 3ds because from what i was reading, you need the same information you would need to generate, code, ect., a custom OS for the 3DS(so CPU Key and NAND ID is required) but the way it is gained is through software exploit and not hardware exploits like the Xbox 360

Reactions: reaper527

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They(neimod and yellows8) are right , since they are doing the hack they will release it when they want. In my opinion they will release it when is complete because if they show the point where they are, a simple flashcard team could solve what is missing to release a 3DS flashcard, and yellows8 and neimod will not get the prestige. ( I know I'm nobody in here but that is my opinion)

Reactions: rondoh70

SSBBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Says the guy with 8 posts who joined like a month ago? Last I heard they were gonna release it when they found a more stable exploit

say the guy "Blabla i am prah cuz i joined 2 yearz ago".

They(neimod and yellows8) are right , since they are doing the hack they will release it when they want. In my opinion they will release it when is complete because if they show the point where they are, a simple flashcard team could solve what is missing to release a 3DS flashcard, and yellows8 and neimod will not get the prestige. ( I know I'm nobody in here but that is my opinion)

Then they need to stop the fundraiser cause is a lame.

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will release it when is complete because if they show the point where they are, a simple flashcard team could solve what is missing to release a 3DS flashcard, and yellows8 and neimod will not get the prestige. ( I know I'm nobody in here but that is my opinion)

....what....is this even English?
regardless if they release it complete or not, they will get the credit they deserve and will be known as the guys who hacked the 3ds(heck just look at geohot he is forever known as the guy who cracked the iphone and the ps3), and honestly who would want a 3ds flashcard if the hack as been released(or at least in your scenario)

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
....what....is this even English?
regardless if they release it complete or not, they will get the credit they deserve and will be known as the guys who hacked the 3ds(heck just look at geohot he is forever known as the guy who cracked the iphone and the ps3), and honestly who would want a 3ds flashcard if the hack as been released(or at least in your scenario)
My english is not that good , I'm sorry if you don't understand...

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My english is not that good , I'm sorry if you don't understand...
sorry i said that lol, its hard to tell when someone speaks english as a second language or when someone is just a kid trying to be cool because they dont want to speak english properly and your english isnt that bad, it just took a few times reading it to make sense of it

Reactions: Vinnymac

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Then they need to stop the fundraiser cause is a lame.
isn't the decapping fundraiser from a completely different group of people?

Pretty sure it is a different group. And it's still a perfectly valid project. It could unveil security flaws that neimod and yellows8 don't know about, or just reveal more about the system in general.

Reactions: Vinnymac
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't understand why you want the exploit if you can't do anything with it. People are going to have to learn how to use it and that's what they're doing right now; figuring stuff out.So shut up, buy your games, and be forever alone with a piece of plastic, screws, oh, and speaking of screws...

Edit: Had a bad day, sorry if I hurt feelings of all of you trolls out there ;) I should probably go check for more progress...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a stupid question, but is the 3DS nearly as strong as a Gamecube?
We're not entirely sure.

Graphically it can make better-looking stuff than the gamecube with less power simply because it's rendering at lower resolution, which tends to throw off comparisons. It could be half the power CPU-wise (would would impact emulation performance), but still able to output better graphics, as an example.

solarius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'd take region unlocking anyday over homebrews, so exploiting your 3DS in theory will ban you from eshop access or is it too early to speculate?
And how far along is the progress going on this exploit?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We're not entirely sure.
Graphically it can make better-looking stuff than the gamecube with less power simply because it's rendering at lower resolution, which tends to throw off comparisons. It could be half the power CPU-wise (would would impact emulation performance), but still able to output better graphics, as an example.
Correct.
3DS cpu = Gamecube cpu x2.

GC = ATI "Flipper", 162 MHz GPU + IBM PowerPC "Gekko", 486 MHz
3DS = Digital Media Professionals PICA200 400MHz GPU + Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore 1 GHz + ARM9 (DS mode only)

Of course this isn't for sure since the info came from Wikipedia. And as you know, the 3DS can handle better shaders than even the Wii, but less polygons.
http://imageshack.us/a/img132/6683/dkcr3dcompare1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img812/2520/dkcr3dcompare2.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/7982/dkcr3dcompare3.png

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/art...raphics-old-vs-new--20100930095653786-000.jpg
Also "someone determined that the 3DS can do the same geometry (~20 million triangles / second) as the GC, but using the 3D effect halves that amount."
Don't remember where that ^ came from though.
BUT "Most Graphics heavy PC games don't use many polygons, they achieve they grazy graphics with a lot of power consuming shaders and effects. Power does not = Polygon count. This is how with fewer polygons, 3DS can have a game thats = to or slightly superior to Wii.
Without the shaders etc- it wouldn't stand a chance. So the 3DS is on Wii level without having that "raw power" "

"It [The 3DS] has less polygon count than the Wii, but the shaders and lighting is above and beyond anything Wii could do. That's why it looks better."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: