What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Where is a Problem there is always a solution.... I think the firm check can be bypassed so no worries...

Edit: BUT this^ applies only if the 3ds scene doesn't become a monetizing technique for the china companies.... (look those ugly stupid ps3 dongles -.-)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The SSL protocol is probably just one of the security layers when communicating with the eShop. The system info sent to Nintendo should contain key information they need in order to uniquely sign software for your 3DS. They don't want us to have access to that information, so I don't think it's something we can middle man.
i said it can not capture SSL/v3. In fact my skills on network is very low. I was just planned to capture something transferred.
If we cheat one connection from head to end and replay the packages.. use sockets not http/ftp so that no headers is sent.
I know why they encrypted with SSL/v3 but they can never know whether that is a 3ds or not if replay.
that is Proxy-middle-man. Oh yes i may have left some knowledges behind.
But is there any hints for you guys.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
true enough, the trouble with this update is. if you want to use the shop, you have to update there is no way around it. I know cause mine is updating right now, oh well no use complaining about it.
But it's how it's been since the DSi. Want eshop stuff, gotta' update.

Well what if the cert could be captured?
The cert is never sent out of their property.

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well good. 3ds connect us and then we connect to target using two fake certs playing as server and 3ds.
But then what 's that '.response' files with size more than 1KB?
There is 'OpenSSL Generated Certificate' String or other things in them so i do wonder what are they.

In fact what's the correct certs of a 3ds?
Oh i understand the packages i collected are only the encrypted data and 'cert'. They are legit if not modified.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
i said it can not capture SSL/v3. In fact my skills on network is very low. I was just planned to capture something transferred.
If we cheat one connection from head to end and replay the packages.. use sockets not http/ftp so that no headers is sent.
I know why they encrypted with SSL/v3 but they can never know whether that is a 3ds or not if replay.
that is Proxy-middle-man. Oh yes i may have left some knowledges behind.
But is there any hints for you guys.
It should be possible, I'm just saying we'll probably not get anything from reading the information sent/received, I don't think the info containing firmware version sent to Nintendo can be opened let alone edited by us.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess your right, I just think nintendo is using the eshop to shove updates down our throats. I love the games for the 3ds do not get me wrong, but having to update just to play games? sony is already doing that enough with the ps3, dont be a sony clone nintendo

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It should be possible, I'm just saying we'll probably not get anything from reading the information sent/received, I don't think the info containin firmware version sent to Nintendo can be opened let alone edited by us.
Well but when and how did the firmware version send to e-shop? use UDP? or SSL/v3?
I doubt that is the second because it resets the connection to stop me capture.
>>Well if i can decrypt such things i can know if that is sent during the SSL/v3 connection.

Quoted one file====
 J FQQ-f,���H(М�;ȱ ��z�`t6��@� �=4BQ���uB��<���{Ԛ���Z���ks�� 5 � � � �0��0��
*�H��
  0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G30
100726225145Z
380110225145Z0z1 0UJP10 UKyoto10 UKyoto10U
Nintendo Co.,Ltd.1 0
U NBD1!0U *.c.app.nintendowifi.net0�"0
*�H��
 � 0�
� �ˆ�"��D���CqI<����>����
W��d>Ÿv
3U���ZUL�_��I�],��a���&f�``�*���(��2���c<
�Xχ�m��e�Y�0{N;v�>���2uWY(�%���+��H�*�����7_f���~NjĔ��<w��k0/w�)���ewt�Kf�VUD,֤�F��NJ�P���]I�)���S�=~�]�|ub�†���M���ՠ���.�W 2�7����W�E�R*���"<�o(� ��30�/0U0 0,`�H��B
OpenSSL Generated Certificate0U%s�?4d���c�^DYT�0��U#��0�����������Y����>r����q�o0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G3�0;U40200�.�,�*http://crl.nintendo.com/nintendo-ca-g3.crl0
*�H��
  � ("��`;Ipþ��Z�!
���9N�4$sT ��^�!�w�#��r���8��B�EH�y�X���e���b~��L�5��|�U,s��N�ES�u�8���ؕe��S3fJ��F9�z�}�R��qzI@�j�
O�d���&��J%!�r��e�ӭ�W�-4d�W��x� ����ՙ-٢(�9��E�?Vuv㪋��R�ft�揉1jLa/�� �2�Y��&U@\����0ѫ�����KB�M=a��Aν\i���U0� $0� 0��0
*�H��
  0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
100128171611Z
491228120000Z0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G30�"0
*�H��
 � 0�
� �"tTW(�o�����Ơ��82
�Ŷ�G����r��(5I)?���w�g�u@��B`sj����GcO�d /��qjM��>�k��y-ą�U�Һw

���!׸��l�y�����>���a��z��,�=)lj��ԑ{���]ޢ��U�A8�����uzŸ�����Z�˅,�W�����X�
JU6e�@Gn-@s������� A*���4��a��D��WN�ۜǍ���v��Cj�F�R�>4��M� ���0��0U��������Y����>r���0��U#��0�����������Y����>r����q�o0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G3�0 U0�0
*�H��
  � ���z{## �r��Z,
��4n���Rh�C
�-9�����uj���I�y% B��˚�����7��� ]�'�ψi<F�9��*�(Y�g���<�:�iO9z:0.}QWIx��9 ��g��K���c��..��@�v�լ��ɸ�k�a�e��1�.��N_��rde��@L¨���� G��6�߆��o$�z�k |5�ܮ�uV4zK8���.�Ø*�@�=�hic)9�U��D�t�(�f��A��� �
� � o0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G3 ]0[1 0UJP10 UKyoto10U
Nintendo Co.,Ltd.1 0
U NBD10U NBD_bravo
====
then what is it? Original File name in that log is '[1364274567080]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]'

Nintendo is itself a CA. so if we can make a CA root too, what happens?

ALSO an example of the 3ds sent.
� � � �0��0���0
*�H��
  0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
100513191946Z
371222191946Z0��1 0UUS10U
Washington10URedmond1"0 U
Nintendo of America, Inc.1 0U IS10UCTR Common Prod 11"0 *�H��
[email protected]0�"0
*�H��
 � 0�
� �Us�}���6��(6�M�N\oc �m��$xH�14��a$��a{‰�Ί)w����콚OvRҞ����1Am��ǁ���q+�,bY�S(�F���:�đY�,�Ꜻ�|Zx@܅s�˼�H�RQ$p"J=�^#�p΃ ����Ϫ�DuE�H�}�&���j����<{�T� tU>6T1_�R�c_�
�bʤ����O��o2ՠ�,����U�>�J �u��R�*���r��!'�j+[osn�W|�' ��30�/0U0 0,`�H��B
OpenSSL Generated Certificate0U���s�:<v�k����au��m0��U#��0�����������Y����>r����q�o0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G3�0;U40200�.�,�*http://crl.nintendo.com/nintendo-ca-g3.crl0
*�H��
  � C�g�ȐۅQ�q����9è�<���l����Z��{s6�cVZ
>�i��v�s7qu�Q�&�"��u��O��O�z�*��@)�:D� ��|� N�{��G^Z0�6]� {�Հ�g��k����������ej�—��q�4乜�x!�(��~u�� 9�q��IrX�!�U�4/�88j`fp!ϊw��XN�no��5��8��me�%�P+�WW�
aҏ��0�{�'�8oi&��4��� _�)å[�7 $0� 0��0
*�H��
  0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
100128171611Z
it seems to be two parts (forgive my not able to connect those). This is sent too. however i don't know if that is finished naturally.
0000Z0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G30�"0
*�H��
 � 0�
� �"tTW(�o�����Ơ��82
�Ŷ�G����r��(5I)?���w�g�u@��B`sj����GcO�d /��qjM��>�k��y-ą�U�Һw

���!׸��l�y�����>���a��z��,�=)lj��ԑ{���]ޢ��U�A8�����uzŸ�����Z�˅,�W�����X�
JU6e�@Gn-@s������� A*���4��a��D��WN�ۜǍ���v��Cj�F�R�>4��M� ���0��0U��������Y����>r���0��U#��0�����������Y����>r����q�o0m1 0UUS10U
Washington1!0U
Nintendo of America Inc.1 0U IS10UNintendo CA - G3�0 U0�0
*�H��
  � ���z{## �r��Z,
��4n���Rh�C
�-9�����uj���I�y% B��˚�����7��� ]�'�ψi<F�9��*�(Y�g���<�:�iO9z:0.}QWIx��9 ��g��K���c��..��@�v�լ��ɸ�k�a�e��1�.��N_��rde��@L¨���� G��6�߆��o$�z�k |5�ܮ�uV4zK8���.�Ø*�@�=�hic)9�U��D�t�(�f��A���
after that 3ds seemed to send some data encrypted (asking for the remote firmware version?) and got one short (remote newest?) then send one (telling the remote its version?) and get a long one (update data url?) then it is cut (find me using a connection not SSL?)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That is what i tried to open e-shop. There is several files that look strange (as a cert?), and i'll give u the name of them.
you can get those files in that zip of logs i uploaded ago. 'request' means get from 3ds and 'response' means from eshop
Started Connection
[1364274567080]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274567221]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274567396]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]

CDN
[1364274569681]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]

eSHOP
[1364274616573]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274616700]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274616927]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]

[1364274618629]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274618704]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
[1364274618891]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
Maybe there are some files similiar i mean some of 3ds sent to contact to remote.
You can easily use 'grep -R "OpenSSL Generated Certificate" .'(Linux/Posix/Mingw) to find them.

Update: Some files are exactly the same
[1364274616700]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
= [1364274618704]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]
While other may need to be connected. I hate the pipe or socket.. It just not hang up so i can not know when should i stop a file.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
In fact what i want is just decrypt them to let me see.
Now getting the Fiddler and it can be used as a debug-enabled proxy on SSL.
Well. But the problem is decrypt them not capture them.
I'll refer to someone who is talented in network to tell me if i can perfume that.

I understand why it is not. the file i captured may only contains the key for decryption. that's RSA.
Well it only goes possible when we have got access to our 3ds private key for encryption.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how did they not expect that to happen? it was obvious,even if no rat told the game to nintendo by giving them 3 months they let them fix this, many people here say that it would be too difficult to know which game it is,yeah i bet they would find the way and they did.

what does that mean now? europe will get fire emblem demo in 2 days, game in early april ,many gamers who have the 3ds here in europe want to play this game like crazy,count me with them too. but i want my console at its full potential ,bought a 3ds day 1 with the premise of it being hacked to have a 3d video player and many more like 3d emulators etc . will this be released now? will they still "document" the 3ds? will people still put their hopes and money in the fundraiser? i know they dont owe us anything but they put our hopes up,you dont go say i hacked the 3ds and then leave.
Nintendo hasn't found the game.
<yellows8> [06:46:26] http://3dbrew.org/wiki/5.0.0-11#NATIVE_FIRM_and_other_titles "Multiple NATIVE_FIRM code execution vulnerabilities was fixed." <- code exec hax used by this savegame hax was fixed.
[17:50] <yellows8> all currently known usable NATIVE_FIRM code exec vulns were fixed.
[17:53] <Muzer> the thing is, that exploit is useless without a savegame exploit, right?
[17:53] <Muzer> and the savegame exploit presumably still exists
[17:56] <yellows8> "savegame exploit presumably still exists" not sure if they tried adding any code somewhere for blocking this savehax at all.
That means (as far as I can understand it): the parts in the firmware that allow the exploit to execute other things are fixed, not the exploit itself.

[18:24] <yellows8> yeah there's other potential code exec vulns, didn't get anywhere with those so far though.
He will search another exploit. I think that I read somewhere that he didn't wanted to release this exploit but search another one to release. But I don't find the quote any more.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so yellow says that the save game exploit still exists, but even then its a small 1 percent chance you will have the save data needed to work it. you would have to buy a bunch of games, to be able to find that one piece of data. eh i am gonna go see if i could snatch a demo off the ehop, i am sonic generationed out. and i am stuck in paper mario sticker star at the moment.

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To stay it clear, I don´t know anything about hack and stuff, but how the flashcards for DS can work in 3DS( the last update) and it is hard to create a flashcard to 3DS roms that can win this ''nintendo block'' on 3ds?

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
With this update i think is time to release it. If it got patched, then ¿why dont releae it to prevente people to update their consoles? :P

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its better to let the 3DS unhackeable for more years, so we can get a good amount of great games.

hacked or unhacked, due to the 3ds being fairly new we will still get great games for it. until a new hand held system, comes out and wows the crowd. We should get 3ds titles for a while, well at least until the new year comes closer maybe a little longer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think its better to let the 3DS unhackeable for more years, so we can get a good amount of great games.
Because when the DS and Wii were hacked they stopped getting good games, right?

Because you've been able to play ROMs/ISOs on those systems for years, but they still put out games, so no. That's just fearmongering.

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Nintendo DS was released in 2004/2005 then he ''died'' in 2011, and I only discover about DS hack in 2007 , so hacked or not hacked the 3DS will live the same time ( in my opinion... =D )

Reactions: ShadowSora13

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rly ?
Dont you think that Devs are just waiting to see if this console gets hacked or not, so they can release their games for this generation consoles?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well what if the cert could be captured? (If this is impossible then i should say i had captured the wrong one) I can see it is 'Openssl'.
I'm thinking about a middle-man attack. How many requirements should we have to perfume that.

Oh that is what the proxy logged. It's a pity it fails when trying to handshark (it doesn't support UDP/SSL)
Yes please could you help me checking some files in log ends with ".response" ok?
There is '.request' that 3ds sends via TCP.
TCP? Ewww.

Well but when and how did the firmware version send to e-shop? use UDP? or SSL/v3?
I doubt that is the second because it resets the connection to stop me capture.
>>Well if i can decrypt such things i can know if that is sent during the SSL/v3 connection.

Quoted one file========
then what is it? Original File name in that log is '[1364274567080]@192.168.1.3@[email protected]@[email protected]'

Nintendo is itself a CA. so if we can make a CA root too, what happens?

ALSO an example of the 3ds sent.

it seems to be two parts (forgive my not able to connect those). This is sent too. however i don't know if that is finished naturally.

after that 3ds seemed to send some data encrypted (asking for the remote firmware version?) and got one short (remote newest?) then send one (telling the remote its version?) and get a long one (update data url?) then it is cut (find me using a connection not SSL?)

I'd pay more attention to the IP address, not that it would really do anything. Unless there is a mass takeover of Nintendo servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4