What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking could the exploit be used on the digital downloads too of the exploitable games or is the save files of the dl games encrypted differently or on the NAND?

SACooper95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if this Hack is patchable by the N or is it one of those "Wii" things where it's very difficult for them to fix it with a mere update? I'm sure what they found though is going to be the building blocks for the system to be completely hackable​

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i was thinking could the exploit be used on the digital downloads too of the exploitable games or is the save files of the dl games encrypted differently or on the NAND?
You have to use a Retail game first. Then you can dump your movable.sed and use the exploit without a Retail game in the slot.

I'm just wondering if this Hack is patchable by the N or is it one of those "Wii" things where it's very difficult for them to fix it with a mere update? I'm sure what they found though is going to be the building blocks for the system to be completely hackable​
The current hack is easily patchable by Nintendo. They would patch it within a day after the hack got released.

P

pasc

OP
that it is cardridge based gives me hope...

Quick question... should one update at all now ? I'm currently on 4.5.0 and not sure... but since Nintendo isn't aware of that exploit yet it should be safe to update away, right ?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that it is cardridge based gives me hope...

Quick question... should one update at all now ? I'm currently on 4.5.0 and not sure... but since Nintendo isn't aware of that exploit yet it should be safe to update away, right ?
The hack is confirmed to work with 4.5.0-10. But you should wait for a confirmation that it works with newer firmwares before you update. It's unlikely that Nintendo finds the exploit but you never know...

cloaknsmoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to donate to this thing, but the way they have it set up is really annoying. They should use anything that accepts paypal. I made an account at their stupid moneybookers site, but it won't even let me add funds to donate to them. It's really counter-productive.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Almost impossible they will patch it if the hack isnt released publicly
Yes, I know but it's still possible. I said that it's unlikely...

I want to donate to this thing, but the way they have it set up is really annoying. They should use anything that accepts paypal. I made an account at their stupid moneybookers site, but it won't even let me add funds to donate to them. It's really counter-productive.
They used paypal but paypal froze their account.

D

Deleted User

OP
everyday I check on this thread just hoping that a homebrew is already available :)
Everyday I goof off busy with other things hoping someone will contact me about updates. I'm going to dig around this weekend though so expect some updates! You can also follow me on twitter and send me a message there. Just please don't tweet and ask for or about the hack or stuff like that. I'll announce if any new updates are in.

https://twitter.com/VosInterficiam

Edit: Main thread updated with what's coming. The upcoming changes are greater than or equivalent to an aspirin for treating the headache you get while reading my thread. Can someone please point out some good font+colors for the following:

TITLE
SUBTITLE
Information
Quotes
References
Credits

And anything else you can use in an article. Thanks.

Reactions: Alejio

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did they freeze their account?

because paypal is a terrible company and they always freeze accounts. when it happens, the money is typically frozen for 6+ months, if you get it back at all. if you are doing anything that falls in a gray area, avoid paypal like the plague.

Reactions: SoupaFace
D

Deleted User

OP
I've redone the thread (first post). I only put 30 minutes into it so if I missed something let me know, it's only some basic knowledge so the original thread is still there. Thanks for viewing guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries