Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zkarts, Nov 7, 2014.

1. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Just found this great news! Wow, 頑張ってね!
    Just a question: any hope that this will be playable on a 3DS?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, it will work on 3DS if you have a compatible NDS flashcart. (not blacklisted)
    that's how I'll play it, for lack of phone or tablet with emulators. I could try playing on my tv with emulator too, but I prefer playing on the real hardware.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 23, 2017
    sorgur likes this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    So long as your flashcart can run on the 3DS, this game will work on the 3DS.
    If your 3DS isn't hacked, then you need a compatible flashcart that works past 7 (which is most of them)
    If you 3DS is hacked, then every single single cart with a header will work and even carts like the R4/DSTT will work with a little bit off extra work.

sorgur likes this.
  4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    asking here, even if it's not the best thread : is Supercard DS Two still working on an updated 3DS firmware?
    I thought about updating and following 3DSguide, but I'm not sure if that flashcart is still compatible. I guess once hacked, all cards are so I don't need to worry?

5. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Thanks for the reply.
    Well, I only have an R4DS flashcart that I used with my DS back in the day. But nothing for the 3DS...
    How about TWLoader? Some DS games run with it without much problems.

6. Jubash

Jubash GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2014
    Brazil
    Following the 3DS Guide all cards that were once compatible becomes compatible again, so you don't need to worry
    I can't answer for a non-hacked system tho

Cyan likes this.
  7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    If you can run TWLoader, then you can run this as well
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
    TWLoader has pretty horrible support I wouldn't recommend it as a flashcart alternative.
    The DSTWO will work on the latest OFW without hassle nor the need for a CFW. Although I highly suggest following 3ds.guide to get yourself running a CFW and opening the door to more flashcarts

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 24, 2017
    Cyan and sorgur like this.
  8. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Last edited by Cyan, Aug 24, 2017
  9. Makogen

Makogen Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2017
    Philippines
    I bought the Jap DS cart even though i can't understand Japanese just for my collection. I use an R4 for my 3DS for old hard to find games but my 3DS isn't CFW ready(I still want to support Nintendo). Just want you to know my hands are sweaty for this! Keep it up guys and gals!

10. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Still working fine in a non hacked system. BTW you said nds emulator on TV. Are you talking about nds emulator for wiiu?

11. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ah, sorry, that might be my own setup :P
    I have dual screen with my TV and computer, so I can play PC emulator on the second screen (TV).
    and I think Anjiera said something about it too, maybe another setup (android tv? I don't remember)

but you are right, maybe we will be able to inject the ROM into a WiiU NDS VC game.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 25, 2017
    raphamotta likes this.
  12. ShroomKing

ShroomKing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    how is this project going?, i'm really looking forward to this. any beta patches yet that i can use?

13. ShroomKing
    This message by ShroomKing has been removed from public view by Cyan, Aug 29, 2017, Reason: double post.
    Aug 29, 2017
  14. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Plz just release this already <3

Triumph627 and ShroomKing like this.
  15. yoymg101343

yoymg101343 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    So do you think the final touches should be in by the end of the year or in the spring?

Edit: not trying to be pushy, just wondering for a heads up. :D

Last edited by yoymg101343, Sep 6, 2017
  16. Lord Prime

Lord Prime Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    I'm glad that I'd be able to play both versions someday. (No PS3)

When asked by PC Gamer at Gamescom 2017 whether the PlayStation 3 title would ever come to PC, Level-5 president and CEO Akihiro Hino laughed and responded, “I’ll leave that up to your imagination for now, but stay tuned for more official announcements. I’ll leave it at that.”

Ref: at http://gematsu.com/2017/08/level-5-ceo-teases-ni-no-kuni-wrath-white-witch-pc

17. Draexelion

Draexelion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Sweden
    i know i should be grateful for people working on this translation but GODDAMN cant you just take 5 minutes of your time to update us? PLEASE!?

HaloEliteLegend and ShroomKing like this.
  18. tristesir

tristesir Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    France
    If you begin to learn japanese and i ask you how long would it take to master it to play that game would you be able to answer that question? Patience is a virtue. So far i 'm satisfied with the updates (and i check the board almost every day). When one said it is not possible to quantify the amount of work remaining, i take it as it. I think it is better that insisting until you get a wrong estimation just to get rid of this recurrent question.

raphamotta and Cyan like this.
  19. Mik86

Mik86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Italy
    Hi to everyone! I have a problem with the spanish translation of Ni no Kuni DS, probably also for your future english translation.
    It work on my emulator for pc but it don't work on my NDSi, both R4iMenu and TTMenu (YSMenu), with error "Load rom errcode=4 Please reset system", while the japanese version work normally.
    How can play it on my NDSi? Thanks :)

20. Draexelion

Draexelion Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Sweden
    i just wanted an update on the situation.. don't do reverse psychology on me trying to make me the bad guy here.. i wasn't asking for an estimate, but an update on the situation. I would gladly help with whatever i can not just with this project but others too. and i did say please so...

21. animefreak55

animefreak55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    Home
    You may have said please, but don't make it seem like it's the end of the world. These people take time out of their lives to do something for us for free. Have some patience.

22. rro

rro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indonesia
    You're asking for an update with that kind of tone and swearing? Clearly everyone who read your comment will see that it's a bit offensive to the project team, who's doing this project for all of us FOR FREE. You're the one that make yourself looked like a bad guy by posting those comment, so don't blame other people for it.

Lastly, it's the project team's right to post an update or not. If they think that they have made a good amount of progress, then they will post an update, even without being told to by anyone. So just be patient and wait, especially since you provide NOTHING for this project.