Ni no Kuni animated movie gets its first trailer

Warner Bros. Japan has released the very first trailer for the upcoming Ni no Kuni film, offering fans a look of what the animation will be like. As mentioned during the announcement of the movie, Studio OLM of Yo-Kai Watch and Inazuma Eleven fame is the team behind the art and animation, and while Studio Ghibli has no involvement with the project, Yoshiyuki Momose, an ex-Studio Ghibli animator, will be directing. Instead of being a direct adaptation of either the first or second games in the series, this will tell a brand new story, penned by franchise writer Akihiro Hino. There are no official English subtitles yet, nor any inclination of if the film will release outside of Japan, but for those in the east, they'll be able to check it out in theaters later this summer.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
If Ghibli had been animating it, I'd have probably watched but as nice as the trailer is, it looks like a dozen other anime movies. I see nothing special about it.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I seem some resemblance to Studio Ghibli, but it really does just look like "anime" and I wouldn't watch just because an ex director of ghibli is directing it.

But, it does look interesting, and might see it. I see more resemblance to pokemon and yokai watch then anything else tbh. the only resemblance to Ghibli I saw was the backgrounds in some of the spots.

D

Deleted User

Ironic that games made famous from their studio ghibli animated cutscenes is getting a movie and its not animated by ghibli lol.

I know it would be way too damn expensive for just a game tie in but still, kinda seems like that would be the whole point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!