Gaming Next Pokémon remakes?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really no need for a Gen I remake with all the boring fan-pandering in X/Y. Every legendary Pokemon is available for capture (minus Mew but you'll get some dumb event thing soon enough don't worry). It'll just be Gen III since their legendaries are now officially a pain in the ass to get while everything else (Gen II, IV, and V) has a DS game to transfer through Pokemon Bank.

I understand your point and I agree with you.
I only said I wouldn't be surprised if Gamefreak released a Gen I remake,
they've been always milking money from fans, wether with third versions, remakes and lastly sequels in B/W.
I wouldn't mind if Gamefreak released a gen I remake, but it's not really necessary.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I would love to see in the R/S remakes:

Stadium cries THIS TIME (I didn't like the new cries for the first 251 pokés).
Elements from Emerald, just like HG/SS had elements from Crystal. That includes the intervention of Rayquaza.
Less surfing this time (remember the route before Evergrande City, which is NOT even a city?).
The ability to switch gears in your bike, like in D/P/Pt (I really get tired to go to the bike store every time I want to change bikes).

Can't think of anything else.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now all I can hear are trumpets >_<
I prefer drums, actually. Can't you hear them? The drums, the drums, the drums, the never-ending drumbeat! Dum-dum-dum-dum!

Anyway, yeah. There are a couple clues again (like that one cave in B2/W2), but then again, they could mean nothing at all. If, however, the other 2 Hoenn starters get Megavolutions at some time, I might believe in a RSE remake again.

Reactions: T Link7

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't it be much better if rather than focusing on remakes they made more games like X Y?

I have my doubts about R/S/E remakes when I think about the possibility that FR/LG and HG/SS were remade because there would be no way to obtain those Pokémon on anything past 3rd gen; but also looking at the trends I could see them following suit. Still I hope they don't and put their time into better Pokémon games.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't believe they'd bother with Ruby Sapphire remakes until I played X and Y which feel (not unfinished) but like they depend on something external for completion. Seems like some pokemon are just unavailable in friend safari and besides the bank I imagine a second game would plug away at the missing stuff. Also I imagine more mega content being made for a follow up and patched into XY now that they can and have done that. (we don't even know yet, perhaps soon, if there are more hidden megas/legends on the disk)

Honestly, with the resources required to make this game and all its models I imagine Nintendo telling gamefreak to sequel it with a 2/Z AND the remakes.

Reactions: constantgamer247

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I doubt there will be any remakes. People here are forgetting the reason remakes were made. They decided to overhaul the pokemon data structure as well as prevent the numbers of level 100 max stat'd arbitrary pokemon that were coming out of exploitable RBY games(we all now have AR codes so that ended up being pointless) when they made gen 3 and locked gens 1 and 2 out by making it impossible to trade with them. Over the next 2 generations they reintroduced gens 1 and 2 as remakes, and then their job was done, all regions were once again available to trade between. The evidence for that is that with the advent of gen 5 they did NOT remake gen 3 and instead made BW2.

Reactions: constantgamer247

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I doubt there will be any remakes. People here are forgetting the reason remakes were made. They decided to overhaul the pokemon data structure as well as prevent the numbers of level 100 max stat'd arbitrary pokemon that were coming out of exploitable RBY games(we all now have AR codes so that ended up being pointless) when they made gen 3 and locked gens 1 and 2 out by making it impossible to trade with them. Over the next 2 generations they reintroduced gens 1 and 2 as remakes, and then their job was done, all regions were once again available to trade between. The evidence for that is that with the advent of gen 5 they did NOT remake gen 3 and instead made BW2.

Even then, it's not really handy to transfer pokémons from Ruby, Saphire and Emerald to X and Y.
You would need to export then to a Gen 4 game, then export for a gen 5 game, then upload then to Pokémon Bank, and then download then to X and Y.
Doing that to every Pokémon you have would be a pain in the ass.

Also, with the release of X and Y, Ruby, Saphire and Emerald feel more outdated than ever.
Remakes with the X and Y engine would give new life to gen 3.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even then, it's not really handy to transfer pokémons from Ruby, Saphire and Emerald to X and Y.
You would need to export then to a Gen 4 game, then export for a gen 5 game, then upload then to Pokémon Bank, and then download then to X and Y.
Doing that to every Pokémon you have would be a pain in the ass.

I just palparked all of my Pokémon from Emerald to SS and then transferred them to White. The PalPark part took the most time but the transfer to White was pretty quick; about 1/16 of the time of PalPark.

I imagine more mega content being made for a follow up and patched into XY now that they can and have done that. (we don't even know yet, perhaps soon, if there are more hidden megas/legends on the disk)

Honestly, with the resources required to make this game and all its models I imagine Nintendo telling gamefreak to sequel it with a 2/Z AND the remakes.

I think we the lack of post E4 content in X/Y we're going to see DLC >_<

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just palparked all of my Pokémon from Emerald to SS and then transferred them to White. The PalPark part took the most time but the transfer to White was pretty quick; about 1/16 of the time of PalPark.

And how many hours did it took for you to export all of them from Emerald to White?
And yet you would have to export them to Pokémon Bank to download them on X or Y.
Considering everything you done and have to do, this probably takes a hella long time.

An interesting article about ruby and saphire possible remakes and what you could gain from it:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/how-pokemon-xy-could-make-a-ruby-remake-great

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should just double up. Kanto and Johto as one 3ds game but start in Kanto. Sinnoh and Unova as one game and start in Unova. Unova seems smaller than Sinnoh to me.

As Hoenn is the smallest of the 6, it should be X and Y DLC. It takes the longest to travel because of all the dang surfing areas. However GF said no regions as DLC so it could be a 3rd region unlocked region for the other two aboved games.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And how many hours did it took for you to export all of them from Emerald to White?
And yet you would have to export them to Pokémon Bank to download them on X or Y.
Considering everything you done and have to do, this probably takes a hella long time.

...well, by far it took the longest time to trade all of my pokemon off of the rom on my EZ-Flash IV into Emerald >_<
but when PalParking from Emerald into SS it took hours as I had filled every box >_< I'de say maybe 8 hours. I'm not super sure as I did it piece by piece on the bus and train every day. It did take about a full week; I ride the train 50 mins each way.

The transporter from SS to White though was done in ~40 minutes, just had to master the mini game.

An interesting article about ruby and saphire possible remakes and what you could gain from it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/how-pokemon-xy-could-make-a-ruby-remake-great

I like the point about the graphics engine, but I'de personally rather wait for a new, even better, graphics engine. I felt that X/Y didn't capture the feel of a Pokémon game and I don't feel like I'm playing a Pokémon game. Colosseum and XD certainly DID! The battles in X/Y capture that feeling, but the over world feels so generic to me.

Although Pokémon Bank makes it pretty apparent that we will see another set of Pokémon games (past Z) on the 3DS/in this handheld cycle.

D

Deleted User

R/S/E remake would be bad, a full re-imagining might be good. The problem R/S/E has is nostalgia, this problem is starting to move to 4th gen, where kids who first played P/D have grown up and are defending it as their favorite gen (even though 4th gen is worst gen).

tl;dr Pokemon needs more new games rather then remakes.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Colosseum/XD are already 3D and the 3DS can't produce much better graphics than that so a remake wouldn't make sense.
R/S/E are the next in line, I doubt the home console releases will ever get a remake as they are more spinoffs and aren't important enough to get one. Not that I would mind it. But I would rather have a completely new Pokemon game in the same vein as those two, as they don't have as much replay value as the regular Pokemon games IMO.
The 3DS is the perfect time for a R/S/E remake, especially now with the new 3D engine X/Y has. I haven't played that generation in a while, I have played both FR/LG and HG/SS since then so it's the generation I haven't played in the longest, and also happens to be my current favorite of previous generations. I loved the soundtrack, the Pokemon, and the world. G/S/C was great, but it hasn't aged as well, and HG/SS doesn't feel the same as G/S/C did back in the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol