[News] YesOJO Switch Dock Projector Open for Pre-Orders on IndieGogo.

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by aykay55, Oct 28, 2017.

?

Will you get it?

1. Yah! 100% I need this!

3.4%
  2. For showing off and bragging rights.

1.7%
  3. Maybe, if my savings account has enough.

13.6%
  4. Not worth it.

72.9%
  5. No way! This is making it un-portable!

8.5%
  1. ItsTheWolf

ItsTheWolf Splatoon 2 Addict

Dec 25, 2016
    Vietnam
    Let's agree to disagree then. You see it's a must-have, we see it's nothing more than some junks. Just don't blame anyone when it turned out to be garbage.

Curious, how are you gonna carry a 1080p monitor around?

2. aykay55
    OP

aykay55 The Ideas Guy, Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Wherever there's food. And Nintendo.
    Yeah I won't. I'm not calling it a 'must-have' either, just a cool little gadget gag that seems pretty cool.

3. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Just grab some sort of carrying case/bag and it wouldn't be any more inconvenient than carrying this thing around. 1080p monitors at 32" or less weigh next to nothing these days.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 5, 2017
  4. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    "Meet the OJO." I'm already smiling. As in laughing.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    If you're really stupid and support them, shame on you!

Notice a price of a proper mini projector: https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electroni...scsubtag=8def9e96-f740-46ca-a5b4-0f24a5020547

This is on Indiegogo, the prototype doesn't exist, there is no proof they can deliver. If you wanna burn money so hard give it to a charity instead...

EDIT: This piece of crap atleast exists and probably is 3 times better than the Indiegogo ever will be - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gig...lgo_pvid=1bfb191d-5882-4b73-a876-d74ef5070b85

Last edited by linuxares, Oct 29, 2017
    Eddypikachu and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Wait, why is indiegogo bad? :unsure:

8. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    It isn't bad, but most "products" on it are bad. And you dont need a prototype on indiegogo, on kickstarter you need one.

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I mean I thought so, Skull Girls was a game from indiegogo, so I just figured it wasn't bad, but I don't know many people using it compared to kickstarter. I mean shady business practice is shady business practice, so it just means not all things are bad but reputation is important to everyone.

10. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    of course not, but look at this product. Is it really going to exist at all?

11. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
  12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    there are several good-quality and portable HDMI projectors that are under $500. This product is a joke.

13. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Indigogo? Never again....

14. ItsTheWolf

Dec 25, 2016
    Vietnam
    Lol, I wonder who are the two that vote the first option :D

15. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    yes, but you have to use your dock :P

16. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    People who gave "alternative" projectors, you do realize that the projectors you proposed are either really crappier than this one (srsly the one on aliexpress has so many contradictions on it's page, and the resolution is 320*240...) or way much more expensive (and of course, without all the Switch related options). So yes, using Indiegogo is not a good idea and it's pretty much a bet for the backers. Yes, 480p is a bit ridiculous. But honestly, besides that, it's a good idea and again, for this price, you really can't except something better.

17. cybrian

cybrian Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I got a 1280x800 (works perfect for 720p) DLP projector with HDMI in for $200 on eBay about a year ago. It was used, but even then it blows away anything this could ever want to be.

If you want a Switch dock, a projector, and a battery, get separate pieces that work well instead of a half assed attempt to build it all together. You can even get USB-C to HDMI adapter cables/pigtails on Amazon.com now that work on the Switch. Don’t like the fact that they’re separate pieces? Get fancy with DIY and build a box for them all. Or get a bunch of zip ties and duct tape. It doesn’t matter. It’ll still be better than this.

18. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Come on, why being like that? Look, you just said you had to spend 200$ just for the projector, which was already used. So if you had to buy a dock, speakers, a battery, it would be waaasy more expensive. Plus DIY? Unless you have the skills and the tools, not a great idea. You would still have to design the box and buy the components, so not sure it would be that cheap for most people. And duct tape? Really? Yes, the quality of this product is terrible. But the idea is good. And again, for that price, you can't expect more, you said it, you had to spend 200$ on a used projector.

Tl;dr : Great idea, bad execution, can't really expect stg better for the price.

19. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    The great idea about all this is, THEY EXIST! Indiegogo projects hardly ever turn out to be good or a even at all.
    The projector I liked from aliexpress is dirt cheap, it uses HDMI and is 720p. Get a Nyko dock and a couple of speakers and you're all set. you probably come way under 200$ that this piece of shit is. Also, their speaker solution is Mono and that's is just a no-go.

20. ItsTheWolf

Dec 25, 2016
    Vietnam
    Mono? Another thing to add to the list...
    Can you post a link for that projector?