Hardware [News] YesOJO Switch Dock Projector Open for Pre-Orders on IndieGogo.

Will you get it?

• Total voters

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
crystal clear wtf

no srsly, as said 10000x times before, its shit.

An outdoor party, a camp, in a basement, anywhere without a TV. It doesn't require any wires, so you can play ANYWHERE, unlike a monitor, where you need an HDMI, and a cord for power, and have to put it on a table.
Did you just really mentioned a projector outdoors?

Last edited by pandavova,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I didn't mean the quality was good when being compared to a real projector, but it was okay because:

1: It's a personal projector and you won't project it anywhere but a wall at your friend's house, and the projection wouldn't be larger than ~60 in.
2. It's so small and cheap that the quality is justified. I know 200 lumens isn't necessarily good, heck I would even say it's bad, but again, it's a small, cheap, personal projector.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now look at the price. Double. Yes, it is better, but it's expensive.
This ojo projector has 200 ansi lumens which is a more accurate way of measuring lumens. This is typically good for a small room. Ansi lumens is different from lumens. Manufacturers usually come up with different ways of measuring lumens to over inflate numbers, while ansi lumens is much more rigid and accurate. You can have a manufacturer claiming 1,000 lumens for cheap, but a projector with 50 ansi lumens can appear brighter than the 1,000 lumen one. Ansi lumens is more important measurement of the projectors capabilities when considering what projector to buy

Manufactures over inflate numbers on purpose, by using just plain ol lumens, because if they use ansi lumens then people will complain that its too low and not buy it. So a projector for $150 that has ansi lumens of 50, can output a brighter picture than a $200 projector claiming 1,000 lumens, but in actuality has an ansi lumen of 30.

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Your also buying a dock thats built in when you buy this projector. Switch docks go for around $90. So if you buy this using the early adopters price, your getting this 200 ansi lumen projector for $210. $300 (whole price) - $90 (Dock) = $210 (Projector).

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
200 lumens? 800 is something of a bare minimum, and that's in a room with all the lights off. The only way you're going to be able to play a projector at 200 lumens is either in a darkroom or extremely close to a wall in low lighting. Top of the line projectors have lumens in the 6000 range, just for reference.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
$428 retail price for ojo. Minus $90 your getting the projector for $338.

In comparison.

You can get the LG MiniBeam PH550 portable projector for $400 at Best Buy, and it has 550 anis lumens and supports 720p.
So for 62 dollars more, you can get a better portable projector.

If you get the early price of $210, then its $190 more.

The next step up is the AAXA M6 Micro Projector for $600. This supports 1080p and has 1200 ansi lumens.

The Rif6 Cube is $230 and has Ansi at 50 lumens and has 854x480 resolution. So the ojo is cheaper and outputs higher lumens then this.

Some prices to compare to see if the ojo is worth it.

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gig...lgo_pvid=1bfb191d-5882-4b73-a876-d74ef5070b85

Here is another: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gig...lgo_pvid=6f0f3c3d-a01d-40af-9a4f-7da8971fdf2e

Here is yet another one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEPHAS-Pr...qid=1509434211&sr=1-5&keywords=mini+projector

There is a ton of better once, native resolutions are always crappy but they can mostly do 720p without issues.

EDIT: Hmm a big warning! I find no one using eviewtek in their projectors. Therefore they seem to be untested. I been trying to google and find it but at no luck.
For the Gixon G8005B its resolution is 800x480, and at that price of $85, I highly doubt that its more than 200 ansi lumens. Its probably 50 lumens. I don't trust the 1200 lumens claim. I tried looking up information on its ansi lumens but I couldn't find any.

Same goes for Elephas Led, its resolution is 800x480 and I doubt its more the 100 lumens.

I don't trust the claims of 1,000:1 contrast ratio either. Manufacturers also use a math formula that over inflates numbers.
So unless you can measure the contrast ratio of projectors with a colorimeter and a spectrophotometer to the same standards, then their no way of actually knowing its true numbers.

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Oh, Its actually cheaper.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ojo-world-s-first-nintendo-switch-projector-game#/

Its $269 just for the ojo projector by itself. For the early special.
So minus $90 (switch dock), its $179.
Im starting to think this is a good deal for a cheap little projector like this.

The $299/$428 price point is the one that comes with a case.

Im interested in the picture quality. Its resolution is 854x480. I wanna know its contrast ratio and color reproduction.
And its calibration features.
And the quality of speakers. The speakers are supposedly loud.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I find it very difficult to justify a price like that for a projector that's only used for a handheld console.

Unless you're camping with 3 other people and want to play games, I guess. But where would you find a white, smooth wall out there?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I find it very difficult to justify a price like that for a projector that's only used for a handheld console.

Unless you're camping with 3 other people and want to play games, I guess. But where would you find a white, smooth wall out there?
It has an hdmi port so you can connect other devices to it.

To be honest I wouldn't buy this. 200 lumens is way to low. The LG Minibeam is what I would buy. I usually don't go cheap on picture quality even if its a decent deal. It makes it less portable since the dock isn't built in, but I prefer a decent picture quality. Especially since its advertised to be used out doors. But it seems decent for people that want one. I want someone to run tests on it so I can know its picture capabilities.

I actually own a Epson 1040 projector. And light is the enemy of projectors. Even when you set nits to match an lcd screen, I usually set my screens to 120 nits, the image washes out more on a projector.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: 330

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
For about 1/3 of the price, I recently managed to get a mini-projector that performs better than the YesOJO. It outputs 60 FPS 960 x 640 at 1500 ANSI lumens. Might put up pictures later.

Even though it's not going to be anywhere near as convenient as an integrated dock solution, the significant price difference and bump in specs really puts things in perspective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse