Gaming News about new Legend of Zelda Games for Wii?

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like Skyward Sword, I thought the story was one of the better ones as of late. I liked the idea of them walking on the surface that no one even really knew for sure existed. It kept me engrossed until the very end, though I thought the final boss was pretty weak. I really never felt a lot of the standard complaints about the game were an issue for me.

As far as the calibration thing, the first time I played it through I had to calibrate constantly, and though it wasn't a deal breaker, it was frustrating. The second and third time I played, my wife and I had bought a new house and moved out of our apartment, and I never had an issue in my new place. I don't know why it would matter, but I don't think I had to recalibrate once the entire time through.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never understood how people had so many calibration issues on Skyward Sword. Now granted I was using a Wiimote with the motion plus built in, and I don't know if the motion plus as an add-on to the wiimote version fairs in comparison, but I imagine it should be the same, though I could be wrong.

Anyways, in all my playing through of the game which was probably a total of 50 hours, maybe less, I had to recalibrate (not counting the times I started the game up each time) 4, maybe 5 times. Thats an average of 1 calibration for every 10 hours of play. If this is what you consider an issue or bothersome, then I don't know what to say to you, grow up and accept it?! Its so minor, who could possibly care about that. If however you average far more calibrations than that, then I have to question if you were using the wiimote incorrectly? Perhaps you exagerrated your movements too much and too quickly so that the calibration got all messed up? Or if maybe you just have a spotty wiimote or motion plus accessory? Because I imagine my playthrough is the type of playthrough that the game was meant to be.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never understood how people had so many calibration issues on Skyward Sword. Now granted I was using a Wiimote with the motion plus built in, and I don't know if the motion plus as an add-on to the wiimote version fairs in comparison, but I imagine it should be the same, though I could be wrong.

Right, that's what I was wondering. I have built in M+, and my calibration woes were minimal.

Also possible some might have been using 3rd party remotes or M+, but I hope not.

Frankly I wish more games controlled as well as SS. M+ worked a lot better for me than games using the sensor bar do, for the most part. (SS doesn't use the sensor bar, if you didn't know)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami on PS2 (or using the patch to replace attacks from Wiimote shaking to A button).
This is a very long game, be patient and enjoy it (especially with the intro which is very long, and don't worry about the speaking sound, you'll get used to it)
Yeah, the one gripe I had with the Wii version was waggling to attack. But the IR for brush-strokes worked wonderfully.
Just curious, are you aware of such a patch? I'd be interested in trying it out sometime whenever I decide to replay Okami.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, that's what I was wondering. I have built in M+, and my calibration woes were minimal.

Also possible some might have been using 3rd party remotes or M+, but I hope not.

Frankly I wish more games controlled as well as SS. M+ worked a lot better for me than games using the sensor bar do, for the most part. (SS doesn't use the sensor bar, if you didn't know)
I think it used the sensor bar at the title screen or something for initial calibration of what was centered and used that for reference with the gyroscope, not that it really mattered since you could press down at any time you were doing the gyro aiming to center.

edit: oops, sorry for the double post. Forgot I had made the earlier one.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried both, and the built in one worked FAR better than the attachment. However, I still had trouble because I had to point away from the screen. I think it might have been related to distance from the TV. My room was very cramped. With the sensor bar, it adapts depending on the distance from the TV, but with a gyroscope, it's entirely based on far you move.

With games like Twilight Princess and The Conduit, I was so well practiced I could shoot the wings off a fly.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I used a wiimote with an M+ attachment, I don't own any with one built in, for all the times I mentioned, and as I said two of them went great with no issues. Maybe it did have to do with the room setup, lighting, distance from tv, etc.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
(SS doesn't use the sensor bar, if you didn't know)
That's not quite true. It does use it a little bit for anchoring.

Anyway, it would have been a lot better if they had gone the Conduit 2 route and used motion+ to (optionally) improve aiming, instead of depending almost solely on it.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
joostin.. is possible your IR bar sensor is damaged? have u try other zelda version? try the pal version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative