Gaming News about new Legend of Zelda Games for Wii?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I just recently finished The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess and absolutely loved it, loved the gameplay, the story was simply amazing and everything else as well. Afterwards, I bought The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword and I have almost finished it already. So I was wondering if there will be any more games of The Legend of Zelda for Wii? or even perhaps for PC?

LoZ will never officially on PC.
Also, no news on new LoZ on Wii, not even on the new WiiU.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo stated (a year ago) that Skyward Sword was the last Wii game that they would make.

By the way, I recently uploaded my favorite cutscene from Twilight Princess:

Those are post-rendered (meaning not a video file) GameCube graphics. Imagine what it would look like if they had ported it to the Wii U!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay! Thank you all, guess I'll just have to re-play these two forever :lol:
You could try:
Windwaker Gamecube,Ocarina of Time N64 , Majora's Mask N64, A link to the Past SNES , Zelda II - the adventure of Link NES , the Legend of Zelda NES, All gameboyadvance versions.

All playable if you have a softmodded Wii

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As has already been stated, any new Zelda games will be for the 3DS, Wii U, or consoles that succeed them. The following is a list of Zelda games that can be played on the Wii:
  1. The Legend of Zelda (NES: Virtual Console, emulator, or GameCube mode)
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES: Virtual Console, emulator, or GameCube mode)
  3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES: Virtual Console or emulator)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB/GBC: emulator)
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64: Virtual Console or GameCube mode)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64: Virtual Console or GameCube mode)
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (GBC: emulator)
  8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (GBA: emulator)
  9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GameCube mode)
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GameCube mode)
  11. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA: emulator)
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii or GameCube mode)
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
If you liked Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, you will certainly like the ones in bold, with the possible exception of Majora's Mask.
Skyward Sword is lame. Twilight Princess was the last non-cheesy Zelda game we've had, and it will probably stay that way for a few years, based on ALBW's trailers.
What didn't you like about Skyward Sword?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
As has already been stated, any new Zelda games will be for the 3DS, Wii U, or consoles that succeed them. The following is a list of Zelda games that can be played on the Wii:
  1. The Legend of Zelda (NES, Virtual Console or emulator)
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES, Virtual Console or emulator)
  3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, Virtual Console or emulator)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB/GBC, emulator)
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, Virtual Console)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, Virtual Console)
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (GBC, emulator)
  8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (GBA, emulator)
  9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GameCube mode)
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GameCube mode)
  11. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA, emulator)
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GameCube mode or Wii)
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
If you liked Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, you will certainly like the ones in bold.
What didn't you like about Skyward Sword?
I had to recalibrate the remote every 10-15 minutes, to shoot something at the edge I had to point a foot away from the screen, the story was meh, and so on.

@OP: If you want to try out some overworld titles, I would suggest starting with A Link to the Past (widely considered to be the best of the overworld ones), and then try out any of the GBC ones.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had to recalibrate the remote every 10-15 minutes, to shoot something at the edge I had to point a foot away from the screen, the story was meh, and so on.

@OP: If you want to try out some overworld titles, I would suggest starting with A Link to the Past (widely considered to be the best of the overworld ones), and then try out any of the GBC ones.
Fully agreed!

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You may try the Zelda games for the CD-i.

Wk5gb4v.gif

I wholeheartedly agree, everybody should play those games.

//Trollin' Dirty - that's mai boi! ;O;

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't have any calibration problems; I don't think I had to recalibrate a single time after launching the game, but I understand that other people had legitimate grievances with the controls. I also thought the story was fine, minus the potential time travel paradox at the end.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't have any calibration problems; I don't think I had to recalibrate a single time after launching the game, but I understand that other people had legitimate grievances with the controls. I also thought the story was fine, minus the potential time travel paradox at the end.
i hated that alot of potential gameplay story was made into the end credits, to conclude the story...
flying the loftwing has no other purpose than to fly from a to b, in a very empty sky.
it's always very obvious where to go as the game basicly consist of three base enviroments.
again flying there with your loftwing is a huge timewaster, in a bad way.
Storywise I had the feeling the story never took of, untill the end.
The ending of the game(end credits) is basicly half the story, wich is lame....it should have been gameplay.
The painting filter looks ugly
The game is almost as unconsistent as Windwaker (screwed 2nd half of game)
generally the game felt 'meh'

The best zelda game for me was and still is, a link to the past.
btw, I had lttle calibration troubles.
It's good ninty added the press the direction pad to center the motion plus...or is it?
it also shows there are some flaws with the control method.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyward Sword had it's problems, but it was still a great game. My main gripes with the game:
  • Fi. People used to think Navi was annoying telling you things? Fi would not let you figure anything out for yourself. Come across any puzzle or when there's anything that needs to be figured out, she'll tell you the solution or where to go instead of letting you figure it out yourself.
  • Exploration... or lack there-of. There wasn't much reason to go anywhere other than your next objective. By turning the overworld into a part of the dungeoning process, it took out the freedom of exploring the overworld and finding secrets throughout. Mix in the fact that the different areas are fully partitioned from each other so you have to fly to them instead of traveling freely across the land.
  • Lack of towns. Yes, Skyloft was a nice little town unto itself, but there lack any other civilization in the world.
With that said, it was still a solid Zelda experience. I personally found the motion controls very fitting, and did not have a problem with calibration (Maybe my Zelda WM+ knows how to play Zelda :)). Even encounters with normal enemies just felt fresh. Bosses actually had some semblance of difficulty to them unlike Twilight Princess (still loved that game). I thought Zelda was well characterized along with her relationship with Link.
I'm hoping that the next game in the series keeps what worked for Skyward Sword, but looks back into their past as well to see what they've lost and try to bring back what made those games great.

To the OP, if you want another Zelda-like experience on the Wii, I highly recommend Okami.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I highly recommend Okami.
Okami on PS2 (or using the patch to replace attacks from Wiimote shaking to A button).
This is a very long game, be patient and enjoy it (especially with the intro which is very long, and don't worry about the speaking sound, you'll get used to it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans