• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since these threads keep popping up, my contribution to indulge the seemingly never ending stupidity will be that of a hypothetical question. A question for everyone reading. Would you pay to use Hykem's achievements in IOSU?
Yes I would say I would pay if it were anywhere less than $100. I paid over 100 to get a 7.x 3ds and cubic ninja.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since these threads keep popping up, my contribution to indulge the seemingly never ending stupidity will be that of a hypothetical question. A question for everyone reading. Would you pay to use Hykem's achievements in IOSU?
It doesn't get sold, it's homebrew. People would crack it in no time and then it gets leaked and Hykem would be angry that it failed so no more stuff afterwards. Instead, just keep it free so noone has to bother finding a work-around :P

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: Whatnoww

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if it enables piracy. I bought GW and don't regret it, they've done a fine job at providing exactly what I was looking for. Hykem's exploit, on the other hand, will likely be anti-piracy so even when it does come out, we'll probably still be waiting a while for someone to modify it to actually do something useful

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Only if it enables piracy. I bought GW and don't regret it, they've done a fine job at providing exactly what I was looking for. Hykem's exploit, on the other hand, will likely be anti-piracy so even when it does come out, we'll probably still be waiting a while for someone to modify it to actually do something useful

With IOSU exploit, you have full control of the system.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

What he said above me. Plus, people wouldn't be able to backup their games. You can't restrict a exploit that controls the whole system.

Starhowl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sure it will come, he's just a poser posing as hacker with exploits found by real hackers

D

Deleted-355425

do you waterheads really think that if you say enough shitty insults on this forum you are going to get your own way and get what you want any quicker? fuck me.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care if Hykem decides to delay the release of his exploit for as long as he wants. Heck, I wouldn't mind him not releasing it at all, because what have we done to receive what he's worked on? The guy could have kept his mouth shut & continue on with his life with something that he discovered, researched, & worked on for some time now.
But he's not that kind of person; he's willingly giving to the public his work, where anybody can take advantage of the privileges. It's crazy how much heat he's getting by people who think he's a liar or a troll, not to mention the hate he's getting for the delays. But even after all that, Hykem is still planning to release it, and I'm going to be extremely grateful when it happens. But if he suddenly doesn't want to do it, I'd perfectly understand why.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've fallen for this too many times now, which has kept me from exploring and doing it myself, since I thought it would just be a waste of time, since it's already being done. However I am not falling for it anymore and I have started the work on my own. The only person I can depend on, is myself.

Oh No

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was born being a dick, cant help that.
But ''people have stated that exploit is coming'', what people exactly? Random gbatemp members ? That means absolutely nothing, you know that.
Its not everywhere until it comes straight from hykem.
It's come straight from him multiple times and meant absolutely nothing. Can't even trust the word of the developer and people still get upset when you suggest it's more than likely vaporware. :rofl2:

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everybody just needs to forget about Hykem. It's sad that some people were impatient with him at first but when you keep announcing things and delaying them even for good reason some people will be upset. This is what IRC is supposed to be for, so developers can discuss ideas and build these hacks before anybody here knows anything about it. Unfortunately that didn't happen and people here got very excited about the prospect of IOSU before it was anywhere near ready.

Hopefully we will eventually see something from him but people need to stop throwing random dates out now. If he is working with Smea who in his video said redNAND is nowhere near ready for public its going to take a while as I'm sure they don't want to risk bricking anything. Also if it still works IOSU will need to be ported to any future updates by Nintendo so don't expect anything from Hykem any time soon.

This. Also don't throw out a date and claim that you're "sure of it" being released by that date and then lie saying you never stated a specific release date. Exploit devs, if you're gonna discuss development, please use a private chat room. Or if you do discuss in public, say what Smea said: that you have no idea when or if it's going to release..

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone making purchasing decisions on hopes of a 5.5+ exploit should ignore any possibility that any exploit is imminent or will ever be released.

Elaborate troll IMO, anything reported, said, or implied is as credible as the Christmas release, the february release, the march release and my pet bigfoot.
There have already been a few of those, haven't there?

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone annoyed with waiting is welcome to do it themselves. If you can't do what people like smea or Hykem can do, pipe down; maybe find something you can do to occupy your time? Not being able to show patience is not something to advertise, it looks bad. The people doing the exploits are furthering their knowledge and skills and helping others play homebrew (or outright piracy) comes after that and only if they care to do it. Not hard to understand ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/marijuana-rolling-paper-company-will-pay-4-20-to-volunteers-to-sm...