Hardware NEW3DSXL randomly not detecting 3ds game in cartridge?ultra moon

pokemonshuffler12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i play ULTRA moon it randomly shuts off and gives the error "GAME HAS BEEN REMOVED CARTRIDGE AREA". Its unpredictable when this happen, sometimes it happens as soon as I try to load the game from the home menu, sometimes in the middle of doing something.
What i have done to the 3ds: I have occasionally inserted POKE black2 into the slot, and it takes a while to detect it.
I also have homebrew installed into through freakformes. And recently installed steelhax(steeldiver) using the new methods, could this has something to do with it? This started happening within a few days.
if this is not the right thread or is not clear, feel free to comment.

to clarify, it happens randomly when i am playing ultra moon.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try borrowing a different 3DS game cartridge to test, and run games with and without steelhax. There's the possibility you have bad contact pins with the inserted cart. do some cleaning with rubber alcohol or electronic contact cleaner.

pokemonshuffler12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try borrowing a different 3DS game cartridge to test, and run games with and without steelhax. There's the possibility you have bad contact pins with the inserted cart. do some cleaning with rubber alcohol or electronic contact cleaner.
I tried it, but it dint do it long enough to see any result, ill try with different cartridges and consoles. The thing it the random "game card is not inserted" error is not very consistent, but very random. I haven't had the error it in the past 1-2 days so far. I often leave the n3dsxl ON for 4+hrs when i go out to the library, and i never seen the icon disappear from the home menu, although when i remove the cartridge, and put something like black 2,(which i assume is a ds game) it takes a while to read. When i reinsert pk ULTRA moon, it also takes a while for the icon to reappear, sometimes it doesn't appear, and i had to remove and reinsert a couple times.(Black 2 was hacked on action replay before).
i USED lED lights to look into the card reader itself, dint see any obvious dirt, burns,,,etc. I totally forgot about the rubbing alcohol method, i used it before. i will try these methods and report back.

Last edited by pokemonshuffler12345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1